Author Topic: And another Dweeb bites the dust  (Read 280 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
And another Dweeb bites the dust
« on: November 07, 2002, 05:53:07 AM »
This guy accepts my challenge of a duel but he won't go to the DA for it, we have to duel in the MA.  So we agree on a location over the ocean and merge altitude of 10k.  I head on over to the spot we agreed on and what do I see?  The guy I'm dueling coming in, not at 10k, but at 20k.  Didn't help him, nor did his warping as he was easily shot down.  I do have to say that my crappy shooting did let him live longer than he should have.  His excuses were almost as funny as his flying.

A Dweeb bites the dust, R.I.P.

Ack-Ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Mitsu

• Gold Member
      • Himitsu no blog (Mitsu's secret blog - written by Japanese)
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2002, 06:21:03 AM »
What's your problem AKAK?
Your bad aiming?
I have the same problem in P-38 too.

Just kidding... :/

Offline Skorpyon

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2002, 01:21:07 AM »
I normally ignore self-agrandizing posts as this, but I was online around the time of this fight, and my curiosity got the best of me.  First, the altitudes seem slightly exaggerated, but whatever.  What I found to be the most serious omission in the story was how much stupid, childish, idiotic, foul, moronic,.....more descriptors escape me at this point..... trash talking was going on between the parties involved, from both sides, and actually, if memory serves, there originally was a third party who was involved in the exchange before the loser of this fight got involved.  There is no doubt about the result of the dogfight, but I think this thread was mistitled slightly.  Based on the conversations going on prior to the fight, it appeared ALL involved were dweebs.  I think just prior to this fight, I logged, with an exiting comment something like, "Well, I'm out.  I think I'll go look for some more intelligent conversation in an AOL chat room.", or something similar... I was being polite.  It was just one more of the much too common verbal pissing contests.  The sad part is, crap talk like this can make a respectable pilot seem like just another foul mouthed dweeb.  Guess I'm just gettin' old.

Offline spiegel

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2002, 01:55:41 AM »
AKAK you such a putz...:)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2002, 02:43:55 AM »
Originally posted by Skorpyon
First, the altitudes seem slightly exaggerated, but whatever.  

The film wasn't started until he dove but if you read the chat log, you'll see his admission to being at 20k.  As for the toejam talk?  So what, it's part of the game and that's what squelch is for.  But then I wouldn't have had to smack this little dweeb down if he knew how to bite his tongue once in awhile.

Ack-Ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
Re: And another Dweeb bites the dust
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2002, 07:59:56 AM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
This guy accepts my challenge of a duel but he won't go to the DA for it, we have to duel in the MA.  So we agree on a location over the ocean and merge altitude of 10k.  I head on over to the spot we agreed on and what do I see?  The guy I'm dueling coming in, not at 10k, but at 20k.  

There's an old story about a Navy fighter squadron flying out of NAS Oceana (not far from the Norfolk Naval base). They had been having a running competition with an Air Force squadron, who routinely beat up on their old Grumman Panthers with shiny new F-86F fighters. Well, anyone familiar with the F9F-5 Panther knows that it is about 100 mph slower than the Sabre.  Finally, the Navy boys received their brand new, swept-wing F9F-7 Cougars. After a few months of training in the new fighter they sent a challenge to the F-86 boys to meet them over the ocean, at the usual location. Altitude,10,000 ft.

Ground crews waited anxiously for the Cougars to return. Finally, the squadron showed up, flew the break and touched down in perfect order. As the pilots exited their aircraft, the grounds crews excitedly asked about the outcome of the mock battle.

One pilot stopped and said, “Well, you know you can’t trust those Air Force boys. We agreed to meet at 10,000 ft., sure enough, they showed up at 20,000 feet!”

Dejected, one ground crewman asked, “So they beat you again?”

Grinning from ear to ear, the Navy pilot replied, “No, we clobbered them, but they would have waxed us if we hadn’t come in at 30,000 feet!”

My regards,

Widewing
« Last Edit: November 08, 2002, 08:05:14 AM by Widewing »
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Bonden

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2002, 08:02:49 AM »
:D

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2002, 08:03:35 AM »
I guess that's what happens when teenagers get their parents credit card numbers.

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2002, 08:07:13 AM »
I just hope I fare better agaist you in about one and a half week from now. Remember the P38 vs La7 test?

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2002, 09:52:59 AM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
So what, it's part of the game and that's what squelch is for.  But then I wouldn't have had to smack this little dweeb down if he knew how to bite his tongue once in awhile.

Ack-Ack

Ack Ack, I agree some of these mouthy types deserve a real-life beating IMO, but when you mud rassle with the pigs you get muddy. It can tarnish what others think of you. Ya know, like when I'd get in those pointless arguements on bigweek. Nothing was gained and I got all muddy. And then when I wanted to post something serious some wouldn't take me seriously. Even stellar personas such as mine can fall victim to such hogwash. So you know if I can make mistakes, then you surely can. :p

Offline -Concho-

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2002, 10:00:19 AM »
lol Widewing  :)

Offline Fuzzy

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2002, 11:53:23 AM »
Whats with the view, is that "way back to the left" view your default? Does it help?

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2002, 12:02:21 PM »
akak, you bastard skill-hacker!
lol You deserve absolutly no credit for that kill, he flew like a two-weeker. :D

Offline WWBard

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2002, 12:49:42 PM »
speaking of kiddies with credit cards, are there any adult only areas where you can fly without the adolescent bs??

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2002, 12:55:48 PM »
Originally posted by WWBard
speaking of kiddies with credit cards, are there any adult only areas where you can fly without the adolescent bs??

LOL

The "adults" are worse than the children.

F.