Author Topic: Neat new feature in Warbirds  (Read 292 times)

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Neat new feature in Warbirds
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2002, 06:41:00 PM »
They don't do things half-way; usually no new feature until it's satisfactory. HT said there are too many things to take into account when a vehicle rams a ground structure, or something like that, I think it's in one of the Q&As.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline poopster

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2002, 10:03:40 PM »
Originally posted by 715
Yes.. it's so irritating when there are actually people out there that are allowed to have opinions or interests that aren't preapproved by you isn't it?

Oh just shut it...

You don't count, you're just a number..

Orignally posted by Moot
They don't do things half-way

LOL Now THAT'S a true statement if I ever heard one :D
« Last Edit: November 08, 2002, 10:12:04 PM by poopster »

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2002, 11:12:47 PM »
Originally posted by Glasses
That's one thing that I liked about WB when you hit your wing  through any object stationary object the wing would be ripped off  instead of the simplistic ooh you clipped a hangar the whole   Aircraft goes up into oblivion or how in AH when you clip a tree with your prop  Bam insta tower death.

I've never played Warbirds..so I can't comment on that...but, realistically hasn't Hitech modeled this predicament fairly accurately and merely made it quicker for you to be able to re-up?  

If you pip a wing off at low altitude aren't the odds of crashing..like 100%?  Surviving is also extremely unlikey I would have thought...at practically any speed.  

The prop clipping is possibly a bit extreme for an insta death..but I'd like to know what the reality was in WW2..not how Warbirds does it.

Not trying to flame you in any way Glasses.  I don't know the answers.  I'd be interested in finding out though.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2002, 11:18:10 PM by Curval »
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2002, 12:22:55 AM »
The thing that Warbirds does that's neat is that if the wing hits something, it rips off and the crash follows as a result.   In AH, the wing clips and you explode.  Sure, maybe the crash will have happened anyway, but this way is prettier.

Also, say you're taxiing along at 30 miles per hour and your wing hits a hangar and rips off.  In Warbirds, your plane might spin around and come to a stop on the ground.  In Aces High, your plane might as well be made of nitroglycerine and you explode.
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2002, 12:36:23 AM »
Exactly that's what I meant they did much nicer over there even in Wb2. Clip a hill side with the wing the wing comes off and you go down,in AH is CLACK Boom Tower . WB2 had it more dynamic especially the fact that over there when you bailed you didn't morph into a chute,but bailed out while seeing your plane going down in flames :D