Author Topic: Driver info  (Read 135 times)

Offline Texman11

• Zinc Member
Driver info
« on: November 12, 2001, 08:37:00 AM »
Hello,

As I am still new with the Geforce cards,  how do I know what version my drivers are exactly?  I have seen reference drivers, detonator drivers, etc, and am still a bit confused.  If I pull up driver information,  it lists version 04.13.1.2183, or something very similar.  Is this the latest nvidia driver, the latest detonator, or combiniations thereof?  So many numbers, so little memory (mine). Any help or helpful comments are appreciated.

(I knew the Voodoo as you do so well)

Thanks

Texman

Offline DamnedATC

• Copper Member
Driver info
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2001, 09:33:00 AM »
22.80 are the latest.  You have the Dell 21.83 drivers.  For all drivers for Geforce cards:
 http://www.guru3d.com/files/detonator/

ATC

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Driver info
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2001, 08:42:00 PM »
OK, here is a dumb question since I am a new GEFORCE vid card owner. Are the Geforce and Detonator the same card???

I have a geforce mx2 400 with 64 megs and only got the latest driver from the manufacturer of the card I bought (PNY). Are all nvidia drivers the same as detonator?

I R confused!   :confused:

DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline GunnerCAF

• Silver Member
      • Gunner's Grange
Driver info
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2001, 09:38:00 PM »
Are the Geforce and Detonator the same card???

GeForce is the name of the graphics chip (made by nVidia) on our 3D graphics card.  Several card manufacturers use this chip on their video cards.

nVidia makes generic reference drivers made for the chip.  The card maker also makes drivers.  The Detonator drivers I think are made my nVidia.  There are tons of Detonator beta drivers available, but only a few official dirvers approved by nVidia.

If that makes any sence     :) , you may be still wondering what drivers to use.  Most people have found the best performance with the Detonator drivers.  If you don't like to experiment, stick with the latest drivers put out by your card manufacturer.  The next step would be to use the Official Detonator drivers.  And if you like to tweek and experiment, try some of the beta Detonator drivers.  Good luck.

Gunner <CAF>

[ 11-12-2001: Message edited by: GunnerCAF ]

[ 11-12-2001: Message edited by: GunnerCAF ]
Gunner
Cactus Air Force