Author Topic: warp-cheater caught on film!  (Read 228 times)

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
warp-cheater caught on film!
« on: November 13, 2002, 04:00:03 AM »
Well, that might have got your attention, folks.

Frankly, is it a cheat? No one knows.

However, take a close look at the attached/zipped film file. Whatever it is, intentional or unintentional, this has GOT to be the WEIRDEST warping around anyone has seen! ;)

Also, listen closesly to the text and transmissions of people amazed by how the plane manages to warp out everytime somebody gets a gun solution on him. Not only that, but he manages to reappear right behind the attacker at close distances!! :D If it really is a innocent net-lag, wow, it steps over the line of coincidence and enters into the realm of irony!

Baffled and amazed witnesses palef and Manhattan, ab8 and your truly now present you...

Star Trek - Warp Factor 5: The Klingon 190 Mystery

* right click on the link and save it as a different name !
« Last Edit: November 13, 2002, 04:02:42 AM by Kweassa »

Offline spiegel

• Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2002, 04:28:22 AM »
lol  I could see how you would think thats a cheat.. But I se that everyflight.. If you think thats wierd, imagine a P47 shooting you down, while your on his 6.. no warps just some crazy homing bullets.....  I have the film  will have to look for it.....

Sure a funny film though... those warps always are fun to watch..:)

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2002, 05:30:30 AM »
It's just an inexcusably bad connection.

Players whos connections get that bad, ESPECIALLY over an extended period of minutes, should be dropped by the server.  Period.

Offline JB66

• Copper Member
      • http://members.fortunecity.com/ssbranni
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2002, 09:21:21 AM »
I wish I knew that trick, someone is on his six, and then the warp hits and he is on their six.  
It really looks supicious, are you going to send it to Hitech and let them decide?

Offline Turbot

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2002, 09:32:55 AM »
Originally posted by Innominate

Players whos connections get that bad, ESPECIALLY over an extended period of minutes, should be dropped by the server.  Period.

I thought they were.  But to avoid lots of CTD complaints maybe they being a bit more forgiving now?

Offline milnko

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cameltoe.org
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2002, 01:23:38 PM »
This is the reason I suggested a ping counter next to the FPS counter when using cntl-I.

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2002, 01:37:19 PM »
Or maybe it could display the worst ping time and the highest number of lost packets% in the last 5 min.  That way you wouldn't have to stare at it.

Offline bloodstain

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2002, 06:51:38 PM »
:eek:  OMFG that guy was flying backwards! I hope that wasn't a cheat, cheats always ruin good game play!

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2002, 07:16:44 PM »
Originally posted by milnko
This is the reason I suggested a ping counter next to the FPS counter when using cntl-I.

It'd be nice if you could see what other players connections looked like.

Offline palef

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2002, 09:10:02 PM »
It'd be nice if you could see what other players connections looked like.

At one point when he warped about 5k away in a jump I quickly fired up the Net Status windows, which for me had two flat lines for Host Queue and Delay. I use a dial-up and live in New Zealand, so my ping is generally 270ms to 310ms. 170ms of that ping can be put down to distance and router handling, while the rest is the various ISPs we pass through to get to Texas. So far in almost a Year of playing AH no-one has called me a warping bastage :).

Everyone else around me was smooth with no warps and vox was working fine as well.

The flying backwards bit I thought was very clever, but the bit that got me was when he was directly in front of me 250 yards away straight and level and I poured approx. 1000 .303 (I was in a Hurricane I) rounds into him and nothing happened. Quite perplexing that. I know the .303 isn't exactly destructive, and my percentage hit rate isn't that good, but even 50 of those 1000 rounds would have made him smoke or lose a piece or two. As it was he was flashing like a Christmas tree for about 5 seconds.

Thanks for posting that Kweassa.

palef
Retired

Offline Pei

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2002, 11:57:23 PM »
That was amazing! And I noticed this guy loggin on just as I was leaving tonight. I wonder if he is doing the same thing again?

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2002, 12:05:02 PM »
Seen something similar the other night. Me and some squaddies engaged a lone Yak - everytime we got on his six he dissappeared (not warped) out of existence only to reappear seconds later on one of our sixes. I got to within 300 yards, opened up and he faded away only to appear behind me a few seconds later. One of the guys filmed the whole thing and has sent it to HiTech along with the pilots name. Funny thing is I have heard other people complaining about the same thing and it only seems to be happening with a certain squad (you know who you are!).
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline Horn

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2002, 12:38:21 PM »
I couldn't catch this guy either. Dang cheaters.

Offline palef

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2002, 02:45:52 PM »
Horn, LOL!

palef
Retired

Offline Horn

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2002, 02:59:04 PM »
Originally posted by palef
Horn, LOL!

palef

Heh, I take no credit -- this was posted here a good while ago...a classic, tho!

dh