Author Topic: I hope they fix VOX in 1.11  (Read 344 times)

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
I hope they fix VOX in 1.11
« on: November 13, 2002, 08:02:21 AM »
I can live with no mission arena. I'd rather have it done right, than fast, but can we do something about VOX?

This is getting out of hand. Nothing more annoying than getting half way through a long mission, only to lose VOX, and not be able to do anything about it, short of rebooting AH.

I know this is a widespread problem. Why don't we hear more about it?

And does anyone have a fix. (I tried the Alt-tab deal, no luck. I tried muting and unmuting my sounds on my desktop, no luck)

Anyone have a band-aid?

Offline OZkansas

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2002, 08:47:04 AM »
Has this been identified as a sound card problem?  I'd buy a new card.

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2002, 09:26:49 AM »
Originally posted by OZkansas
Has this been identified as a sound card problem?  I'd buy a new card.

Anyone who owns an SB Live! has a sound card problem.  Makes me wish I had gotten something else.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2002, 09:41:28 AM »
It is a widespread problem and not just limited to sound blaster cards. Seems more like a disconnect from the voice server to me.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Modas

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cutthroats.com
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2002, 10:38:38 AM »
Originally posted by Innominate
Anyone who owns an SB Live! has a sound card problem.  Makes me wish I had gotten something else.

Not true, I have a SB Live xgamer and have NO problems.  However, I did have problems with my SB audigy 5.1 card.  Ended up switching back to the Live! card.

I'm finding that more problems are associated with the audigy than the Live card.  Two of my squadies have audigys and routinely loose vox and have to reboot

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2002, 10:49:40 AM »
Originally posted by Modas
Not true, I have a SB Live xgamer and have NO problems.  

I have the same card...no problems also.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2002, 11:02:15 AM »
I've never had a problem... ever... with my Soundblaster Live! Value card.  Stable as a rock and compatible with every game I've thrown at it to date.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline firbal

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2002, 11:12:01 AM »
I hve both SB Live and Audigy cards. Haven't had any probvems with them. At least much that I can remember. I always figure to stay with SB cards from the old DOS days. When you would configure your games, it would ask which sound card you had. SB or SB clone or other. So I figure if SB was the standard for sound cards, stay with SB. But could have changed by now. But I haven't had any problems so far.
Fireball
39th Fighter Squadron "Cobras in the Clouds"

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2002, 11:12:38 AM »
Our squad uses Audigys, Lives, integrated, and other brands. Almost all of us lose voice, some more frequently than others.

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2002, 11:18:08 AM »
I have a SB Live! 5.1 card, but have had no problems with VOX, or sounds in general. Could be a driver or config problem for you guys that have problems.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2002, 11:29:23 AM »
I wonder how much voice traffic there is for you guys that never lose vox? The AK's can be a chatty bunch and I'm wondering if net traffic saturation might be a factor.

Offline Puck

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2002, 11:36:00 AM »
Originally posted by AKIron
Our squad uses Audigys, Lives, integrated, and other brands. Almost all of us lose voice, some more frequently than others.

The integrated audio on my Soyo Dragon Ultra caused machine freezes and other nastyness.  Once I disabled it and put an SB Live! in I've not had any problems.
//c coad  c coad run  run coad run
main (){char _[]={"S~||(iuv{nkx%K9Y$hzhhd\x0c"},__
,___=1;for(__=___>>___;__<((___<<___<<___<<___<<___
)+(___<<___<<___<<___)-___);__+=___)putchar((_[__
])+(__/((___<<___)+___))-((___&

Offline Midnight

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2002, 11:40:14 AM »
412th members have many differnt brands and models of cards. VOX drops out for us also.

I highly doubt this is sound card related (although possible)

Perhaps a data packet size problem with certain cards?

Happens to us at all differnt times. SOmetimes in the middle of someone talking, and it leaves that person's Icon up on the Rx window. Other times it just drops out when no one is talking. Sometimes it drops out for a while and then comes back.

The +20db Boost problem is probably sound card related, but makes no sense anyway.

Question: Does ANYONE have +20dB not checked, and/or their Microphone volume slider not cranked all the way up?

Seems to me you should be able to over-modulate, rather than have to almost scream into the mic in order to let people hear you.

I just assume HTC get rid of VOX all together if they aren't going to fix it. With VOX not working, we tried switching back to TeamSpeak, but the AH Vox screws that all up too.

HTC, please fix it or remove it. At the very least, ackwoledge there is still a problem with it and tell us that you are working on it.

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2002, 12:28:57 PM »
It may have something to do with traffic. My squad has all different cards, (Hell, mine's a turtle beach, santa Cruz) and we all lose Vox at one point or another.

Like the AKs, we are a chatty bunch, though.

So we know when vox goes out, because we can hear our engines for a change.

I would like to see if AH know about the problem and is addressing it.

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
Possible Fix
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2002, 12:37:35 PM »
I just spoke to Skuzzy, they know about it, and they are working on it, but they are having a hard time duplicating it.

He suggested:

Run DirectXDiag, Click Sound, and Drop your hardware acceleration to 3/4 or "one notch" as he put it.

He assured me the game will rnu smoother, and this seems to fix much of the VOX problems.

What other company can you call tech support and get a guy who actually knows what he's doing, on the phone in less than 60 seconds? That's AH's selling feature right there.