Author Topic: And they wonder why they lose!  (Read 296 times)

Offline DOODY

• Copper Member
      • http://www.most-wanted.org
And they wonder why they lose!
« on: November 14, 2002, 03:28:37 AM »
AS most of you know, many all-day-players moved to Rook because they had such a problem with numbers lately. I, like many others moved their intire squad to Rook to bring some balance to the game. When I got there, I noticed a very curious condition. 4 CV's were parked in the north western most corner of the map, going in circles.   I had seen a CV or 2 hidden in knight land when they had their backs against the wall, so at first i didnt think about it much.. 2 days later ( the same map) I noticed that 3 of the CV's were still there, the same boats in the same corner. ?!?!?!

After pleading with the  holders of the CV's to move'em and use 'em, I was very suprised at the responses.
"dont move them, the enemy will kill them and use them against us"
" dont move them, the knights are hiding one of ours"
"if you want them moved, get your rank up and move them yourself"

It seems to me, there is a time to hide boats and a time to use them,  apparently, Rooks  have been date raped so  frequently they are still shaking in their boot and peeing in their panties.

So, in an effort to help the rooks regain some self respect, I am spilling the preverbial beans. If you are missing a CV, some dweeb has probably hidden it in the map corner.

Rooks, If you dont want to lose the boats, learn to use them and protect them...dont hide them in the corner like a lil' bish!! (and I dont mean the enemy kind!) Also, you might try protecting the field that owns them.

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
Re: And they wonder why they lose!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2002, 03:46:16 AM »
Originally posted by DOODY
Rooks  have been date raped so  frequently they are still shaking in their boot and peeing in their panties.

well that about sums it up.....

how long do you guys plan on staying??

how long do the others plan on staying?

(BTW <> abd TY for all who did come over)

BUT... i know of a time when 1 of our CV's was hidden for like 6 days.

the hiding CV thing has 2 parts.

1. we havent had the #'s to properly defend all bases so losing a port is inevitable.

2. i personally am unable to remember a time when we lost a CV and it WASN't hidden from us till reset.

oh well my 2¢
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2002, 03:53:35 AM »
If i find hiding cv's in my country (knit) ill move em.

Dont care about the whinig from the others. Hiding CV's is just dumb.

When they start to whine, i just say GET BETTER RANK and stop me.

Moving CV's is the only good reason to have a good rank, so i use it for what it is

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2002, 03:57:18 AM »
CV's are excellent offensive weapons, but they require a lot of manpower to be effective. Now that we got more numbers we should use them more.

Another thing: If the enemy is hiding our CV, then lets find it. All it takes is one dedicated pilot flying a long range A/C HIGH and FAST until he spots the fleet-ack. A 234 would be excellent. An A20 would do fine. Ta-152 with beercan has desent range and excellent speed. After it has been spotted a few guys could do a torp run on the CV.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2002, 04:03:49 AM »
Gsholtz ... we tried that on the CV knits were hiding (the incident doody is talking about)

we knew where it was for 3 days ... noone could get it.

we sent like 6 formations of B17's at 1 time and the knits upped 262's enmasse from the very nearby base and killed them all.

this went on for 3 days untill finally im told fester changed countries and led all CV's back home (thats only what i was told about how we got them back)
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2002, 04:26:59 AM »
That sounds ... frustrating. Perhaps jabo's could do the job if we recruited the notorious suicide-dweebs. One dweeb act deserves another? ;)
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Pepe

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2002, 04:57:36 AM »
I consider CV hiding a dweeb action, and I routinely give up position on hidden CV's not being used.

However, given Rook imposibility to use proper numbers to accomplish a meager defense, let alone proper usage, I didn't give up their position last time that happened, and I won't do it until numbers achieve fair (roughly) odds.

Doody, I would ask you to repost this thing after you have enough time in Rookland, which evidently is not the case.

Cheers,

Offline Pepe

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2002, 05:08:02 AM »
Oh! Btw...When I feel the need, I use Bish' panties to piss on. Unlike other countries, you can rest assure a Bish will always wear his on. It's amazing how they get used to them over their usual clothing  :p

The shaking thing makes me to spoil some knits ones also, since my aiming suffers a bit.

Cheers,

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2002, 07:49:56 AM »
The rooks used to be fun..  now... not so sure.  they seem to be more into taking territory and less about pilot skill.

My guess is that a whole bunch of suicide bish building battlers went rook...  seen suicide rook typhies all over the place and "missun" guys.   Now, every country can and does gangbang after the first suicide waves.

i can't wait till all the new guys figure out that fighting people is where the fun is.
lazs

Offline Saw at Work

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2002, 08:35:33 AM »
Mhh, Moved to rooks to avoid the incessant nit conga lines, looks like the timing's all wrong. could not find a non-running con for myself in an hour... they *force* me to fly fast planes... I swear ;)

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2002, 10:22:21 AM »
It is a weird time to be a rook. since the normal rook numbers last week were in the 70 range. and we had 130 last night. Does that mean we have 60 or so new players? Certainly calling any behavior "rook" right now is a bit silly. The country is largely composed of recent additions. What rooks will be like is a clean slate almost.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2002, 03:20:29 PM »
Doody, I gotta tell ya..this has me puzzled as well.  Widewing does this a lot...he will order the cv into the far corner of the map where it cannot be harmed(and can do no good as well).  Many people say Widewing is a carrier expert.  He himself has proclaimed, "I wrote the book on carrier tactics."  As a fairly new dweeb, I say nothing..just try to learn from those who have more experience.  Widewing may be absolutely correct when he does this, again I'm a rookie, but I am still trying to learn how this benefits rooks.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2002, 03:45:50 PM »
I remember this incident. We had two captured enemy CV groups, but had lost their ports. So, they were tucked away in the corner.

I also recall people telling you that:
A) We did not need these CVs to be in action, and if we did, they would be used.
B) If they remain hidden, they are unlikely to be sunk.
C) If they are sunk, the enemy gets them back. That means that as long as they are safely hidden, there's two less CVs to battle.

When our numbers were exceptionally low, denying the enemy two mobile airfields is a good idea.

I also recall that you badgered the hell out everyone for an hour in the country buffer until people became annoyed enough to demand you cease. I think you were just frustrated because you didn't understand the sound reasoning being employed.

This isn't Joint Chiefs or Think Tank level reasoning, however, just basic strat 101. Deny the enemy the means to inflict damage upon your forces.

My regards,
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2002, 04:32:41 PM »
I remember the scenario but don't remember badgering anyone, heck I don't think I said a word.. you must be talking to Doody.  Thanks though for explaining the logic behind your actions,  I appreciate the lessons.

:)

Steve
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2002, 04:33:18 PM »
Originally posted by Steve
Doody, I gotta tell ya..this has me puzzled as well.  Widewing does this a lot...he will order the cv into the far corner of the map where it cannot be harmed(and can do no good as well).  Many people say Widewing is a carrier expert.  He himself has proclaimed, "I wrote the book on carrier tactics."  As a fairly new dweeb, I say nothing..just try to learn from those who have more experience.  Widewing may be absolutely correct when he does this, again I'm a rookie, but I am still trying to learn how this benefits rooks.

Actually Steve, that was meant to be a joke. A bad one it appears. However, I have made a point of studying carrier tactics in this environment and have written a basic primer on the topic that can be found on Hammer's netaces.org web site. It may be helpful in showing the new guys why we use the CVs as we do.

Hiding the CV is just good strat. The side who lost it may squeak about it, but they managed to lose it, didn't they? Hey, remember last week when it took us a few days to find and sink our missing CV? I don't recall anyone being resentful. It's part of the game.

This tour, not playing for score, I have had little opportunity to command TGs. I do try to advise if I see a problematic situation. Sometimes they heed the advice, sometimes they don't. Yet, it is important for the scoring leaders to give the new guys a chance to command the CVs. How else will they learn? Making mistakes is part of that process. One thing that gets me crazy is when a guy takes over a CV and then goes off to fly in another corner of the map. Please, stay with the CV or give it up. That way it can be defended without a dozen text messages being sent, trying to get the missing commander's attention.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.