Author Topic: Joystick Calibration  (Read 142 times)

Offline NineZ

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.user.shentel.net/vonz/jagdneun.html
Joystick Calibration
« on: June 07, 2000, 08:39:00 AM »
First let me say that I love this flight sim.  Its the best I've played, but I am having trouble with my joystick, spiking, and not calibrating.  From what Ive seen and heard from other people this is not an infrequent occurrence.  

My question is, whats the problem?  Why are so many people having trouble with their joystick within Aces High?  I have a MS FFB stick which has served me well, over the last couple of years.  It calibrates great within W98 and I never have any problems outside of the AH enviroment.

I have read the tech posts regarding check this and uncheck this, dont calibrate, etc...  Nothing seems to help.  Hate to take a break, but if I cant get this resolved, I cant fly.

------------------

[This message has been edited by NineZ (edited 06-07-2000).]

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
Joystick Calibration
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2000, 08:52:00 AM »
I too, was one affected by the joystick problem. I have a MS PP. No problems at all with AH for several months, then all of a sudden, boom! I kept losing calibration settings, but only in AH. I did everything I knew to correct the problem. The only thing that worked, unfortuneately, was a total format & reload of OS, drivers & AH. It's been running smooth again for about 2 weeks. Keeping my fingers crossed.

------------------
Apache
The Blue Knights

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Joystick Calibration
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2000, 08:53:00 AM »
Biggest complaint from my friends is what you just described.  I also had alot of stability probs too at one time, but I did a number of things over time that helped stabilize it so I cannot pinpoint which one worked.

-Bought a dedicated game card
-Double checked that poll interupts was not checked.
-Downloaded lastest version of DirectX 7.0a
-Changed pots
-Calibrated the JS NOT thru windows JS routine but thru a Dos utility that came with the CH Products JS.
-Calbrated within Aces High.

Good luck on your search for the problem.

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 06-07-2000).]

Offline NineZ

• Zinc Member
Joystick Calibration
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2000, 11:14:00 AM »
Thanks guys, I'll look into some of these areas.  Im hoping the new version will address some of these issues.  

Hope to see you in the air soon.

JagdNine

Offline NineZ

• Zinc Member
Joystick Calibration
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2000, 02:11:00 PM »
Hmmm, I tried a few things and seems like Ive got it working okay now.  Thanks guys for the help.