Author Topic: THREE RESETS!!!!  (Read 1109 times)

Offline Sunchaser

• Copper Member
THREE RESETS!!!!
« on: January 11, 2001, 10:50:00 PM »
 In one afternoon and evening without someone getting down to 2 fields or even close to it!!!!!!

edit
Forgot, it may have been server crash, all countries held position, just lost all gained possessions.

roadkill!

edit
Still roadkill.

------------------
When did they put this thing in here and WTF is it for?

[This message has been edited by Sunchaser (edited 01-11-2001).]

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
THREE RESETS!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2001, 11:29:00 PM »
Must be frustrating to not get your gang bang.....    

Mav
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline tshred

• Copper Member
THREE RESETS!!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2001, 11:41:00 PM »
I feel your pain Sunchaser! Every time the arena resets, I get discoed! Every friggn time, and to top that off, for some reason everytime I close AH (or get discoed) I get an illegal action message and have to reboot machine in order to start AH again! Very puzzling and frustrating.

ts

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
THREE RESETS!!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2001, 01:23:00 AM »
TS, are you in DX8 ? If you are disable RW autostart, it worked for me!

Saw
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
THREE RESETS!!!!
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2001, 02:36:00 AM »
Since 1.05 for me is a "disco and reset" festival   Annoying.
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

AKSeaWulfe

THREE RESETS!!!!
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2001, 04:07:00 AM »
SAW/MASS, I have DX8 and get that error message. "blah blah blah illegal operation in some winbloz dll blah blah blah blah Bill Gates blows goats!"

Anyways, I don't have to reboot in order to restart AH. If there's an RW icon left in my taskbar, I just place my mouse cursor over it and it goes away. Otherwise, AH starts up fine again after one of those and I can go back to perfecting my dweebery within the dweeby skies of the dweeby main arena of Aces High where all the dweebs roam. <G>
-SW

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
THREE RESETS!!!!
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2001, 05:34:00 AM »
You think you guys are frustrated!

How would you like to be in HT's shoes, knowing you've got a bug out there crashing the arena every so often and unable to track it down?

If I know HTC that whole crew has been putting in 18 hour days on this problem. Lets try to keep our cool till they find it ok?

Offline Mayhem

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.damned.org
THREE RESETS!!!!
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2001, 06:00:00 AM »

Originally posted by gatt:
Since 1.05 for me is a "disco and reset" festival   Annoying.

Hell ya gatt theres times when disconects are so bad I have to come up at a capped field just to get into a fight. I've checked my end and it's not me. so it's either at the head end. or theres a router between me and HTC set to poison. or theres a problem with the server. the only other two options is my router or htc is being attacked (port sniffing and plugging) or some one has privs and is missusing them. add that into resets and Iam lucky to even get vulched.

------------------
Mayhem 33rd S.G.
"Destination anywhere, so far gone, I'm already there!"
"Destination anywhere! So Far Gone, I'm almost There."
The Damned! (Est. 1988) Damned if we do - No fun if we don't!
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
THREE RESETS!!!!
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2001, 06:28:00 AM »
Well, untill HTC posts a message saying that they found the bug and it's fixed (only a matter of time, coffee, stomachache...and to find that dang ";" HT forgot somewhere<j/k> ). It will happen, so, deal with it. If you care about it, it means you care about Points..., then, spend your time doing mindless furballs in the TA or in H2H, it's fun and if ya got a disco, ya don't loose points !

Now, HT, what coffee brand do you guys drink ?  

Saw

PS: feel for ya guys, I just lost nearly 3 days before I figured out that I had a collumn missing in a function, aaaaaargh!!!  

[This message has been edited by Saintaw (edited 01-12-2001).]
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Jay_76

THREE RESETS!!!!
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2001, 06:33:00 AM »
*Grin*

...(only a matter of time, coffee, stomachache...and to find that dang ";" HT forgot somewhere<j/k> )...

Spoken like a true Pascal programmer, sir.  Good one.  

Now excuse me, I must reorganize my pocket protector!

*S* and regards,

Jay.

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
THREE RESETS!!!!
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2001, 07:09:00 AM »
No, I'm trying to improve my crappy k/d ratio. Moreover, discos/resets *are* annoying when you dont furball, boom, kill, take-off, boom, take-off, kill ... boom ... you got it. Anyway, I'm sure HTC will fix it, mine was only a very little whine  
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
THREE RESETS!!!!
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2001, 11:14:00 AM »

Originally posted by Jay_76:

Spoken like a true Pascal programmer, sir.  Good one.  

Jay.

LMAO Jay ! NO WAY I'm lookin' back at THAT !
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Sunchaser

• Copper Member
THREE RESETS!!!!
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2001, 12:11:00 PM »
"If you care about it, it means you care about points..."

Gotta call you on that statement Saintaw.

You are welcome to any POINT I have ever scored in Aces High and every one I rack up in the future.

If it were about points I would never bomb an airfield or drive a C47.
The POINTS are in bombing strategic targets which is way more satisfying anyhow.

And as for: " It will happen, deal with it."

I did.
In my original post I vented my frustration at having the map revert, reset, hiccup, burp or whatever the hell it is doing.

I am sure HTC is on it, however that does not relieve the ire of seeing 2 or 3 hours of advance wiped out 3 times in the same day.

I am also sure that the "burps" had nothing to do with the numbers per side and the overall status of the map as some, including me, may have thought at the time.

Just an unfortunate series of coincidences.

------------------
When did they put this thing in here and WTF is it for?

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
THREE RESETS!!!!
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2001, 04:31:00 PM »
Some of us folks flyin here really get into the strat part of the game.. reading population levels; enemy and friendly unit's patterns of movement; they do missions; they think "WAR". To us a server hiccup a major "aw toejam!; dammit not AGAIN" issue worthy of givin the cat a three wall drop-kick.

Now I understand that some of us just wanna fly.... we enjoy the ACM, we play "sink the boat" or getting bored with that, switch to "kill the morons playin 'sink da boat'. For us, a server hiccup is no big deal.

Even when I don't have time to play "WAR", I appreciate the guys on both sides who are sittin there online fer hours atta time playin "WAR" for us and organizing an offensive... it's makin the MA more like flying a scenario and less like drinking in an Irish pub on St. Pattys day.  

I'm with yah Sunchaser.. hang in there dude.  

Hang
1st/AG "Bishlanders"
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
THREE RESETS!!!!
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2001, 05:10:00 PM »
Did anybody notice anything prior to it happening that might correlate?  Like maybe a CV was sunk or a field was captured or any number of things that might have happened at the time of the dump.  If anybody can think of anything that could possibly be related, please let us know.

------------------
Doug "Pyro" Balmos
HiTech Creations