Author Topic: Rotate Setup every day  (Read 344 times)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Rotate Setup every day
« on: November 16, 2002, 03:18:11 PM »
Why not?
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
      • http://bio2.elmira.edu/DMS/index.pl?table=content&faculty=1&page=1
Rotate Setup every day
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2002, 03:24:43 PM »
not enough staff members?  I think 1 week is great, forces you to learn some new tricks.

Offline Buzzbait

• Silver Member
Rotate Setup every day
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2002, 03:26:28 PM »
S! Yeager

Any idea how long it takes to do a setup?

Usually takes me an hour minimum,  more often 1 1/2.

The Mindanao setup took me 2 hours, mainly because it used a 3 sided map designed for MA, which means you have to go in and manually change all the field ownerships from the default.

And all these setups need to be double checked to make sure planes are not enabled which shouldn't be.

The setup tools are not particularly user friendly, so it is easy to make mistakes.

After you do a setup, you need to come back and babysit it for a while to make sure there are not problems.  Usually the players find problems and bring them to your attention.

That's another hour at least.

Then if the server farts and reboots, which it almost always seems to do on the first day of setup, you get to do it all again.

New setup every day??

Maybe if they get another 10 CT Staffers.

Offline HiJack

• Copper Member
Rotate Setup every day
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2002, 03:28:10 PM »
Big salute to all you CT staffers, dont know how you find the time, you guys are definately dedicated!

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
Rotate Setup every day
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2002, 04:26:14 PM »
Buzz is bang on, and each of us spend a few hours just looking up stuff, I know I do, I am shure Buzz, does he is a veratable font of info on all kinds of stuff, sabre and Jarbo, and Wotan did this as well, their is more than just set up time involved in this, pluss the time we spend on the CT staff forum debating about stuff.

But hey this is all good fun:)