Author Topic: new set-up  (Read 908 times)

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
new set-up
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2002, 01:03:45 PM »
Golly-geenit. I was yelling about the F6F's 30mm .50s and KI67

The part about the allies vulching fields was deleted when I read what the set-up was all about.

I chased down two F6Fs and killed both of them. My second sortie in a KI61 and first two kills in one in AH.

I also yelled about the F4F catching and shooting me down on my first sorty at D700. While in the KI61

They changed it before you had a chance to see what was going on.

I changed my mind and deleted the post........Brady is the one the reposted it. I deleted it before anyone replied to it.

Dont yell at me, I finnaly got them to change a whole damn set-up? ME?  ALL ALONE? roadkill

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
new set-up
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2002, 01:15:44 PM »
BTW Brady you had no right to copy something I chose to delete to keep this sort of thing from happining. It was a misunderstanding and was the reason for deleting it.

I still cant believe you guys think they changed it because of little ole me!:rolleyes: STUPIDS!

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
new set-up
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2002, 01:51:15 PM »
Never mind all that Curtiss.. How did getting your first two kills feel?

Offline Löwe

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/duxfordeagles
new set-up
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2002, 02:10:46 PM »
Maybe the CT staff should post a revolving schedule, where we know whats coming, weeks in advance. The schedule never changes runs from begining to end then starts over. Then they don't have to log on and read all the crap we spew, they can just say shadup and fly.:rolleyes:

Offline HiJack

• Copper Member
new set-up
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2002, 03:13:27 PM »
If that can work its a great idea Lowe!  How bout it CT staff can this be done ?

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
      • http://bio2.elmira.edu/DMS/index.pl?table=content&faculty=1&page=1
new set-up
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2002, 03:17:39 PM »
that sticks us with stuff we have already done though.  I like the fact we do things that have never been tried.

Maybe just year and theatre, other details will change.  I also like the fact that we can help determine a little of what happens.  I would take the bs just for that.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
new set-up
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2002, 04:19:02 PM »
Hawk is frustrated about some issues he has with the plane set
Ok.  I dont agree with the F6F 30mm vs Ki-67 argument but that doesnt matter. He has the right to voice his concerns, I have no issue with that. I have an issue with you people changing the set up, then blaming it on "all the complaints" that Ive yet to see. I only saw P6EHawks complaint. So you changed it because of that? 1 guy?  Or are you implying that so we all vent on Hawk?

Im not going to go back and forth about how unbalanced the set up is every damn week. I dont think "war" has ever been fought with "lets keep it fair for both sides" in mind. Why some cant get past this is beyond me. VF-27 flys the CT with dedication and flys set ups we dont care for week to week waiting for for the 1 week in 6 we get some "blue planes". Now we get it for a day.  roadkill. Plain and simple.

Im sorry some Axis feel the game is slanted towards the Allies. This may or may not be true. I can honestly say I dont know. I know it would be pointless to fly here without dedicated Axis flyers and I do feel there concerns should be adressed. I personlly dont know if the .50 cal is overmodeled and various Axis cannon are undermodeled. If they are,  where is the data showing this? If its true, will it be corrected? Ive been flying AH for over a year and I dont think the Axis is that out matched. This is my opinion.  If I am wrong, show me data. Dont go off on a tirade and tell me im wrong just because you "think" or "feel" im wrong. Im not saying Allies dont advantages in certain set ups and Axis are at a disadvantage. But it goes both ways.

Complaints about the last set up were stretching it a bit. Being in a P-40B does not automaticlly give me air superiority. While maybe our tactics helped us out in "furballs". I saw no huge numbers differences. I believe the stats showed the Zeke got the better of the P40 and Hurri last round.

No set up is 100% perfect due to our limited plane set. But that horse died long ago but we still insist on beating it.We refuse to make due with what we have. We whine about the our " disadvantages"and reem each other on the BBS. This has about run its course with me. But who gives a diddly right?

I would really like to know why we have been screwed out of a good set up. Real answers please.

CT
« Last Edit: November 16, 2002, 04:23:14 PM by Slash27 »

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
new set-up
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2002, 04:37:03 PM »
It would be virtualy imposable to post an advanced schedual of set up's for a number of reasions. Map availability is as unpredictable as the wheather(new map that is), personal real world issues, Not wanting to force us the Staffers into doing just one type of set up, ect...

Hawk, I do apolagise, I did yesterday twice, and again today.

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
new set-up
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2002, 04:49:01 PM »
I cannot help but find this amusing.

BTW there were N1K's available in this timeframe.  Not quite the same version as we have in AH, but very close performance-wise.  

There were certainly more N1K's than FM2's in the area heh heh heh.   Then again, I seem to recall having a similar conversation LAST week about restricting one side from stuff they had while giving the OTHER side stuff they DIDN'T have.

J_A_B

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
      • http://bio2.elmira.edu/DMS/index.pl?table=content&faculty=1&page=1
new set-up
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2002, 05:28:38 PM »
Not to sound mean spirited, but I am really curious!   When do you fly jab?  I cant remember ever seeing you.  Am I just crazy?

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
new set-up
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2002, 06:05:13 PM »
I fly in the CT, but not terribly often.    Certainly not enough to count as a "regular", no doubt about that.  But I DO fly there now and then.

Regardless of how much time I spend there, I maintain a considerable amount of interest in the CT and always keep track of the setups and such.  If nothing else I find it amusing.

Mostly I fly in the MA (when I fly at all) because there's not much difference between the CT and MA except the MA actually has people and appealing planesets/settings on a consistent basis.  

J_A_B