Author Topic: Fun is over for me  (Read 231 times)

Offline svalan

• Zinc Member
Fun is over for me
« on: October 04, 2001, 12:33:00 PM »
i have this problem once before with my old joystick it happens mabye 1 time each day .
i bought now an wingman extreme digital 3D and most time the joystick stop working for a few sec .
so i've been shot down now 6 times and the rest i crashed couse the joystick stopped working , so the fun is over .
when you after an bandit and then you can't do nothing for 3 to 5 sec , yes you know it then , you got him on your tail .
so i stop here playing till i know the problem or found an good stick .

greetings all      :(

svalan     :cool:

Offline Rocket

• Nickel Member
Fun is over for me
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2001, 01:33:00 PM »
Sounds to me like the
"Don't move your controls so rapidly" problem.

This is caused by spiking in the joystick usually.  You can adjust the dampening on the axis' and see if this will smooth the stick out.

I wish you the best of luck.

Rocket

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
Fun is over for me
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2001, 01:44:00 PM »
Svalan,

try a Microsoft Sidewinder Precision Pro.  Always worked fine for me......

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Fun is over for me
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2001, 01:24:00 AM »
Exactly... the Wingman Extreme is just crap. I bought one and broke it in about six months. I replaced it with a MS Precision Pro and this stick has been solid for over a year.
sand

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
Fun is over for me
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2001, 02:01:00 AM »
I've been using M$ Precision Pro several years now, Bought a M$ FF Pro but I'm still usually playing with that old PrecPro.
Fine stick which doesn't need any calibration, doesn't have potentiometers and works like a dream.

Offline Dawvgrid

• Nickel Member
Fun is over for me
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2001, 02:09:00 AM »
try a Microsoft Sidewinder Precision Pro. Always worked fine for me......

I did,,,,,,use to have logitech,my advice throw it in the trashcan.

Offline Eaglecz

• Nickel Member
Fun is over for me
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2001, 02:14:00 AM »
DO you useing W98 or W2k ?

try 2k working much better.

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bombardieraerospace.com
Fun is over for me
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2001, 05:02:00 AM »
USB, bud (if not already)!

If, you are using the old conventional J/S port, it is probable that the port has gone bad (given that the new stick is doing precisely what the old one did). You can replace the sound card, if that is where the J/S port is, but if it's on the MB...

USB does not suffer from this problem. You will be so pleased with USB (if you don't have it now) that you will wonder how Satan disguised himself as a standard J/S salesman and sold you the old one!   :)

If you are using USB and it is doing this... I don't know what to tell you because that seems impossible!   :p
   :cool:

[ 10-05-2001: Message edited by: Voss ]

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
Fun is over for me
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2001, 07:42:00 AM »
Sorry to hear it Svalan... I saw you auger in this morning and wondered what happened.

I also recommend the Microsoft Sidewinder Precision Pro. The support is outstanding in case anything happens to it. It's digital, so you never have to worry about cleaning "pots", it's accurate and it's easy to set up. I've used the same one for about 2 years now.  <S>
"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century

Offline Am0n

• Nickel Member
Fun is over for me
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2001, 07:49:00 AM »
Voss i dunno

My other PC has a standard controller port and when ever my bud comes over and plays AH with me he uses the identical joystick, no problems at all. Although the port its self could be crapping out (on ur pc) (unless thats what you where getting at, seemed like you where just saying it doenst work with standard stick port because of compatibility issues).

The good thing about that stick is that it is both USB and game port compatable.  :cool:

Offline Am0n

• Nickel Member
Fun is over for me
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2001, 07:55:00 AM »
Svalan you can pick up a USB card for your PC, if you dont have one, for very very cheap $$$. I think they are 10$ US at most here, dunno what that is in your currency. That is granted you are running at least windows 98 (or 95 that supports USB, rare though)

That stick should support both interfaces.

Good luck bud

Offline GearDwn

• Zinc Member
Fun is over for me
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2001, 08:43:00 AM »
Svalan its the rudder pot on your wingman Ive had 2 and the same thing has gone wrong I like the feel over MS sticks but it breaks after awhile just junk (IMHO) so get a new stick......and remember Logictech Sux  :mad:
GW

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
Fun is over for me
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2001, 09:02:00 AM »
Jeez... can't even get a good advice anymore  :)

CH PRODUCTS
The best - end of the conversation  :D