Author Topic: SPITWING.bmp  (Read 257 times)

Offline cobra427

• Nickel Member
SPITWING.bmp
« on: November 23, 2002, 12:29:43 AM »
ok im not sure if i made an error or if this is really screwed up but no matter what i do i cant get the colors on the SPITSID.bmp and the SPITWING.bmp to match on both files i used the same color's and they look way off ... or is it just me?

if its not me then can anyone tell me how to fix it?

Offline gatso

• Silver Member
SPITWING.bmp
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2002, 10:27:59 AM »
Pretty good looking... :)

Could be a few things but most likely I would have thought is it's getting screwed up when reducing the colour depth to 8bit.

Do the colours match on the textures your working on? Does it still look screwed up if you use a different method to reduce the colour depth?

If thats a Spit14 and your using an alpha mask to get rid of the annoying blue bar under the cockpit. I had this exact same thing start to happen to me on the Typh skin I did. Not sure exactly why it started doing it on me but there's one or two things you can do to try and fix.

Make sure you alpha mask is 256 colour greyscale.

If the are under the blue bar is solid colour you can dump the alpha mask and just fill in the area and it shoud look just fine.

Gatso
« Last Edit: November 23, 2002, 10:31:09 AM by gatso »

Offline cobra427

• Nickel Member
SPITWING.bmp
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2002, 01:37:50 PM »
its a spit9 and i am use'n alpha mask cause there is a lil square like on a spit14 colors look the same on the bmp's in photoshop but in the game they change ill try what you said see if it works

Offline cobra427

• Nickel Member
SPITWING.bmp
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2002, 01:55:02 PM »
and its fixed .... just made an alpha for SPITWING.bmp and it looks fine