Author Topic: $30 AH premium account  (Read 1752 times)

Offline MrWulf

• Zinc Member
premium
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2002, 04:28:21 PM »
Wouldn't he be surprised to no end if someone really showed up at his door? I imagine he'd be blinking like a bullfrog in a thunderstorm with shock  

Don't say silly things like that...especially when you have no Earthly idea whom you're addressing...Jay and Silent Bob are only actors (and bad ones at that), not role models.

Vor....I wouldnt extend the invitation if I wasnt prepared to deal with the consequences. Keep your opinions to yourself......For the record, I probably would have ended up buying him a beer, and laughing very hard at my arrogance.

Offline cajun

• Silver Member
$30 AH premium account
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2002, 04:41:24 PM »
First of all, hows paying twice as much a month gonna make people obey the rules? its not, its just gonna make more people cancel their account and those who dont arent gonna change, Why would they change?
Don't matter if ur paying $1 or $10000, how will it change ur attitude? All it will do is change how many people are able to play it. not like it will get rid of all the idiots.

As for 18 year old limit thats the stupidist thing I ever heard (well allmost)!!:mad:
If by that you mean since there would only be 18+ in the game u wouldnt have to monitor language and u could swear all u want.. well thats not why we have moderators, not all "grownups" like to listen to that language either.
If this is the case then I suggest u just clean up ur language or deal with being muted, its ur problem if ur not inteligent enough to say 1 sentence without 10 cusswords.

If you mean we r just a bunch of rude whiney idiots that cuss when they get shot down and ruin every1s fun, I know allot of yonger people who are much more mature than some older people with big mouths and bad tempers.
(don't get me wrong - I know allot of young people who r just as bad, but no more than older people)
btw I'm 14, 15 in december.

Anyway, I'm not worried HTC's pretty smart, wouldnt do ne thing that stupid!
dunno why I even bothered to reply to this thread, just made me kinda mad..  
And if thats not what you meant by the 18 and up thing (if u even meant 18 and up) I'm sorry if I miss understood you.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2002, 04:51:21 PM by cajun »

Offline cajun

• Silver Member
Re: Re: $30 AH premium account
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2002, 04:46:59 PM »
Originally posted by ALF
There are times when a seperation of players becomes appropriate, but seperation based soley on age would be foolish, as would an arena where there were no restrictions on language.  Aces high is clearly not a game that gives an advantage to quake like reflexes, and so no benifit is given to the young kicking the geezers butts.  Quite to the contrary, many younger folks find the patience needed to be an effective player elusive, and keeping everyone together helps us all grow and learn.

There is a seperate arena comming that will be based more on specific goals, with a mission based structure, and this may provide much of what you are looking for, but not a place to be vulgar.  I have found in my many years on this earth that making something more expensive for no reason other than to be more "exclusive", actually increases the jerk to generosity ratio.

I have no idea why, but it is very often true.

I aggre completly:D

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
$30 AH premium account
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2002, 11:49:08 AM »
Why do people think that spewing garbage with foul language is an adult trait????? Go to the nearest Junior High school. You'll hear LOTS of foul language and they certainly won't be adults. Faculty excluded of course. :rolleyes:
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline anton

• Nickel Member
      • http://n/a
$30 AH premium account
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2002, 12:09:57 PM »
Tobasco yes, that was my thought.
 And people are getting it all wrong-  
 My suggestion was to keep AH-basic available as it is for the same price.
 Then HTC could offer a "premium account" for which you would need to prove over 18 age requirements. Thus elimintaing the need for mute police.  I say this not because I want to cuss on the game, but rather it seems to be an issue for many. So like a rated R movie- you would expect to see a lil language, & not be offended by it.  (Think ive been muted 2 times in 8 months)
 My primary reason for this was to establish an arena where there was a higher level of honor & character. A place where when ya chased a jabo 38 down from 25k to 5k ya dint have to worry about 5 KIDS jumpin in front of you while your blastin the 38 & giving you a killshooter. A place where every 3 plane wasnt some kid in a N1k that does NOTHING but HO every pass.
 If you folks that know, take a lil time & think back to AW & the difference between RR & FR, THIS is the difference I am seeking. I am willing to pay more for it. Its ok with me if your not. I wont call ya any names......:rolleyes:
 hopefully the new arena will be enuff. I have flewn CT by the way, ive been in there 3 times I think. But when I was 3 on 1 by names I recognize from MA, I decided I may as well be in a comfortable plane to fight 3 on 1 & went back to MA. IM not sure what the answer is. But sideswitchin/landgrabbin/path of least resistance is ruinin the game for me.
Anton

Offline cajun

• Silver Member
$30 AH premium account
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2002, 11:31:33 PM »
Originally posted by anton
Tobasco yes, that was my thought.
 And people are getting it all wrong-  
 My suggestion was to keep AH-basic available as it is for the same price.
 Then HTC could offer a "premium account" for which you would need to prove over 18 age requirements. Thus elimintaing the need for mute police.  I say this not because I want to cuss on the game, but rather it seems to be an issue for many. So like a rated R movie- you would expect to see a lil language, & not be offended by it.  (Think ive been muted 2 times in 8 months)
 My primary reason for this was to establish an arena where there was a higher level of honor & character. A place where when ya chased a jabo 38 down from 25k to 5k ya dint have to worry about 5 KIDS jumpin in front of you while your blastin the 38 & giving you a killshooter. A place where every 3 plane wasnt some kid in a N1k that does NOTHING but HO every pass.
 If you folks that know, take a lil time & think back to AW & the difference between RR & FR, THIS is the difference I am seeking. I am willing to pay more for it. Its ok with me if your not. I wont call ya any names......:rolleyes:
 hopefully the new arena will be enuff. I have flewn CT by the way, ive been in there 3 times I think. But when I was 3 on 1 by names I recognize from MA, I decided I may as well be in a comfortable plane to fight 3 on 1 & went back to MA. IM not sure what the answer is. But sideswitchin/landgrabbin/path of least resistance is ruinin the game for me.
Anton

So basically cuz you don't want to play by the "rules" I must stop playing the game? :rolleyes:
And about a buch of "kids" jumping in nikis and HO'ing everyone... well IMO if it works do it! you know you dont have to HO someone whos trying to HO you, you can turn away if you want.. and I don't see anymore "kids" flyin nikis/spits and stuff than older people.
IMO if someone gets infront of me and shoots the target I was shooting at, who cares the enemies dead, if you are good enough to kill the enemy be fore I can you are just getting rid of him that much sooner - by all means shoot him!

Play by the rules, I won't quit playing the game just because you dont won't to.

Offline anton

• Nickel Member
      • http://n/a
$30 AH premium account
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2002, 03:54:56 AM »
cajun im not sure if your actually reading the posts you quote or if maybe your comprehension skills are lacking, but I never suggested in anyway that the $15 a month accounts be closed,  I just  suggested that a premium account be avail.
 Its ok, alot of people got excited & read more into the thread without reading what I was actually saying. Your not the only one to get it wrong, just the only one to get it wrong twice
  So again to recap- keep AH for $15. Make available AHpremium, or an arena that promotes a more realistic approach to air combat, im willin to pay more, if thats what it takes.
 It is of no surprise to me cajun, that you see nothing wrong with jumping in a N1k & HOing everything that passes, or jumping in front of a countrymen who has his con well at hand, riskin giving him a killshooter for a chance at stealing his kill. After all, thats exactly what im talkin about. & since you stated earlier your turning 15 in december, Well cajun you've just proved my point.
Thank you so very much:cool:
Anton

Offline cajun

• Silver Member
$30 AH premium account
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2002, 03:53:55 PM »
Oh, well still, it doesnt matter if u pay the 30 or 15$ account , not gonna change the attitude.
Anyway, no I don't see anything wrong with jumpin in nikis and HO'ing people if thats what ya like, but I don't like it. Which is why I play in CT where they have historic & different plane match ups.
But when I do fly in MA I fly stuff like Val and Hurri 1, I die allot, but man its fun when u shoot down a spit in a val or a niki in a hurri 1 :D