Author Topic: x45 views sticking constantly  (Read 230 times)

Offline lord dolf vader

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
x45 views sticking constantly
« on: November 26, 2002, 11:38:59 AM »
hello there i have a usb x45 using xp pro and the latest 28032 xp drivers. i have programed the software as i would have the older sge version with the pinkey as a switch for level/up slant view. it works a little weird on the ground but the moment i start swiching fast it locks to one view (seemingly random) and i must hit the escape button to reset the view and re aquire my target needless to say i die alot hehe.

this newest version uses .dat file type to save your configures. unlike the older types of the saitek software.

so if you have one with this problem worked out and a similar view system please post it .

thanks in advance

towd/krote

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2002, 12:42:42 PM »
mine gets stuck very seldom, quick hit to oval hat (left/right/up/brake) gets me back centered

that is using win98

did you see they have new drivers at saitek for XP?
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline lord dolf vader

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2002, 12:58:27 PM »
yes i saw then i think they are the ones i have loaded now . i had stoped playing for a while and comming back i cleared all my old drivers and downloaded the newest ones. they seem to work well and i suspect the problem is my incomplete knowledge of the programing software. When i press the buttons to program the custome views im just pushing them in order, who knows the delay ect of the presses. i could figgure it out in the sge version but the new on seems even more counter intuitive if that is possible.

ill post my file if anyone wants to look at it, if anyone has one that dosent have the sticky please post i really cant play with it like this. will wait a day and then try dezilhimer thingy again i guess.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2002, 01:21:41 PM »
try putting wep on the pinkie

then on the oval hat on the throttle (set as 4 way hat) set it so that when you pull it up with your left forefinger, you get the straight up view

using that with the regular views on the jstick hat gives me the 45 up view. let go of hat and I get reg view - I also have the fr and fl disabled on the jstick hat and have those two as left & right on the oval throttle hat

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline lord dolf vader

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2002, 04:02:08 PM »
i see your logic but i have been doing it this way since rangerbobs excelent sge profile got me used to the pinkey as latch or switch for up angle.

its like this normal views on level ecept forward gives you forward,up view switch and you get up angle for all but forward wich gives you strait up. this sytem sort of worked in the dizilhimer drivers with the difference that the pinkey wouldent latch you had to hold it for up view still worked fine.

dang still no xp saitek profiles for the latest software?

Offline lord dolf vader

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2002, 04:31:39 PM »
ok i went into the advanced editing part ( it brings up a window with three windows one each for press/repeat/release it works alot like the older version then you put the promp in the press window and press the wanted buttion combination, under the press it will show a time of delay ( .00 for none .50 ect for different delays)  you can changethem by highlighting the particular key press and left clicking to bring up a menu to change time and delete keypresses you dont want.

when i did this i got a press and release symbol in the first window so i deleted the release ones since there are already release actions in  the bottom window. is this correct to do ?

well here it is it is from the latest saitek xp pack 28032 it will unzip to a dat file the software will recognize.

thanks for the help also eagle.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2002, 07:14:19 PM »
the way I do those windows is to have a lower case then an  upper case letter in the left window nothing in the middle then an upper case then lower case of that letter command in the right window. (reverse order)

all times are backed down to 0.0

that help?

Offline lord dolf vader

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2002, 08:28:26 AM »
i tried that then about 3 other ways . im almost shure the software is bugged. nothing i do changes the sticking problem. installed the dezilhimer drivers and they work with no stickyness.

now all i have to do is figgure out how to program the friggin thing.

not gonna squeak about saitek.  xp only been out what a year.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2002, 08:31:52 AM »
slap another hard drive in there and dual boot win98/XP

that's how I've gotten around it. Saitek works well in Win98 and XP is for everything else besides games

Offline lord dolf vader

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2002, 08:41:01 AM »
i think that may be the answer good god what a workaround tho.