Author Topic: Look guys  (Read 140 times)

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Look guys
« on: June 10, 2000, 01:38:00 AM »
 Im hardly the one to say be good  . But there are people constantly posting AH stuff on AGW. Then of course they post stuff here. What the hell is the point. If you play both. Post WB stuff there. And AH stuff here.

When I say whats the point? I really would like to hear what this can possibily do, but start some trouble.

If they want to rag on AH, fine. As long as they spell the name right. Lets try to be the sim where the grownups play.

Offline Sharky

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.31stfightergroup.com
Look guys
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2000, 07:15:00 AM »
Hiya Easy,

When I say whats the point? I really would like to hear what this can possibily do, but start some trouble.

Actually I think that if it's done in a civil manner, it's actually helping nudge people off the "Everything but Warbirds Sux" fence.  I've noticed several long time Warbird die hards that haven't had anything good to say about Ace High, kind of... shall we say...looking in the window?

Aces High is coming on strong, if ver 1.03 works well, (which I'm sure it will) AH is going to start to stick it's head above the currently available flights sims in almost every catagory.  This word has to get to the masses.  Even posts on AGW that get flamed (although its hard to find a post on AGW that isn't a flame war these days) get the attention of people.

Remember only a handful of the registered people at AGW actually post things there,  most just read it.  The people you see that feel obligated to dump on everything said about Aces High are for the most part a vocal minority, that just like to hear themselves talk. (so to speak)  

If you go back and look at some of the first threads that people posted about Aces High, you'll find that all of them got jumped on and the authors were run off AGW on a rail.  But look at the last one about 1.03.  People are actually starting to talk intellegently about AH.  Now will that thread turn into a flame war?  Sure as God made little green apples it will.  Every thread on AGW these days ends up like that.  When was the last time you saw threads on AGW like the ones here in Help and Training where people ask questions and get helpful responses??

The folks at AGW are frustrated to no end with Warbirds and iEN and as such have a tendency to lash when as "outsider" threatens their world.  But keep you voice low and calm, smile and talk intellegently and even the most frustrated will eventually start to listen.  Besides remember the old saying, "There's no such thing as bad press"  

Sharky

------------------
Playboy Leader
307th FS/31st FG
You can run but ya just die tired

Offline Badger

• Copper Member
      • Military Surplus Collectors Forums
Look guys
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2000, 07:18:00 AM »
Great post sharky....

Well said.....

<salute>

Regards,
Badger

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
Look guys
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2000, 07:49:00 AM »
Yep, agree with Sharkey.

It is possible for flight-sim enthusiasts to discuss multiple sims on each others boards, when done with civility and intelligence. So far, this BB has been able to remain relatively friendly and civil during discussions.

AGW is pretty brutal at times, mostly because of the disillusionment and frustration with iEN of the people there.

Sharkey also has a point about the AH bashers on AGW. Some of the the vocal and anti AH posters over there have started to soften their tone a bit. Each new version of AH gives them less to squeak about, and we may even see them as HTC customers some day.

I understand how you feel, Easymo, but I think that in the end, we're all in the same boat together as customers. We share the same interest in WW2 aircombat, so it's hard to pigeonhole everyone as either "WB types" or "AH types".