Author Topic: Damage Modelling  (Read 308 times)

-jagr-

Damage Modelling
« on: July 27, 1999, 12:21:00 AM »
Pyro,
         Since HTC started with all the hindsight the ICI experience could bring you, how much detail are you putting into the damage model and the mapping of the planes?  I know its early and there are always things you "wanted" to do but could not get in initially, but what things look like they will be part of the model?

Engine Damage:
Oil Leaking?
Coolant/Radiator?
Electrical?
Cylinder Damage? (Vibrations etc)
Horsepower Damage Limited?
Over heating?

Control Damage:
Cockpit instruments?
Control Surfaces?
      Jammed, Less Effective if holed, etc.?
Control Cables?
Skin Surface damage effecting Trim and Speed?
Structural Damage weakening G load tolerance?
Ammo/Fuel Detonations?
Progressive Damage leading to Fire and or Explosions?

Do you think it will be possible to model the effects of AP vs API or APHE other than just different damage point values?

Will there be ballistic penetration?  From various angles?

Visible surface and structure damage in 3D? (a bit of a joke but it would be cool  )

One of the big lacks of WB's current model is that things are almost non progressive.. if you take engine damage you lose almost nothing right up until it stops completely, therefore you stay and fight at 100%..  if you lost engine performance over time, less HP, more risk of fire which could cause an explosion etc..things would be different.
An audible engine change if damage would add a lot as well..cylinders missing, vibrations, coughing, etc..they'd add a lot as well...

Good Luck...

With what you all can bring to the table this should be a win win situation for all of the gamers here...

Offline lasse

• Copper Member
      • Lassenet
Damage Modelling
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 1999, 02:09:00 AM »
Nice ideas -jagr-

I want it all  

------------------
The Wild Vikings
Commanding Officer
lasse-
You smell that? Do you smell that?
Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that.
I love the smell of napalm in the morning.
The smell, you know that gasoline smell, smelled like victory.