Author Topic: Who is at war in AH ?  (Read 200 times)

Offline lasse

• Copper Member
      • Lassenet
Who is at war in AH ?
« on: July 27, 1999, 05:01:00 PM »
Will it be british planes against german planes against US planes against Japanese planes against russian planes against Italian planes ?  
Like in WB`s HA.

Or

Battle between colors as in Warbirds today ?
Like in WB`s MA.

Or have you not deicided yet ?

Perhaps a third solution ??

------------------
The Wild Vikings
Commanding Officer
lasse-
You smell that? Do you smell that?
Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that.
I love the smell of napalm in the morning.
The smell, you know that gasoline smell, smelled like victory.

Offline delta

• Copper Member
Who is at war in AH ?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 1999, 05:18:00 PM »
Sounds interesting,

I do find the idea of Allied/British planes against German planes, Japanese planes against American/British planes , etc, etc, intriging.(SP)

However, some countries planes (Japanese?) might suffer lack of use if a rolling plane set concept is used.  Why?

Well, my opinion, in the latter war years, most Japanese planes (like the Zeros) were not a match against the Allied (American) planes available (F6F, F4U, Spit IX). In the early war years the F4F needed tactics and good skills against the Zeros.

But in general I would prefer that AH not adapt the "Color Countries" concept now used you know where.

delta

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Who is at war in AH ?
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 1999, 10:08:00 PM »
The main arena format will be a 3 country free-form setup with all planes available to each side.  What other arena styles added later will be dependent on whether the size of our user base can support them.

------------------
Doug "Pyro" Balmos
HiTech Creations

val

Who is at war in AH ?
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 1999, 11:27:00 PM »
That is very interting PYRO!

It seems like you guys are gonna really shake things up. Just from the little tid-bits that have been mentioned in this and other threads, it is obvious you have put a lot of thought into addressing the problems in the 'other' game. It sure is getting harder and harder to wait every day hehehehhe

val

------------------
Scott (val) Valline
Dweebs of Death

Offline Kats

• Zinc Member
      • http://jg27.org
Who is at war in AH ?
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 1999, 03:23:00 AM »

into addressing the problems in the 'other' game

It seems to me the game is going to be the same with FFA MAin arena's etc etc. So in that regard what's changed?

People will come because of the better viewing systems and features you will provide and I am sure you will get a good customer base, I don't think it would be too risky to try a different approach - IE set yourself apart from WB. Why not start with an Allied/Axis main arena format instead? If not, what do you think the  problems would be?

------------------

Offline Jochen

• Copper Member
      • http://www.jannousiainen.net
Who is at war in AH ?
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 1999, 07:36:00 AM »

The main arena format will be a 3 country free-form setup with all planes available to each side.

What is not apparent is existence of rolling plane set. Sure there will be more planes available when the war goes on?

------------------
Obfr. jochen 'Stern von Afrika' 2./ Jagdgeschwader 27 'Afrika'
jochen Gefechtsverband Kowalewski

Units: I. and II./KG 51, II. and III./KG 76, NSGr 1, NSGr 2, NSGr 20.
Planes: Do 17Z, Ju 87D, Ju 88A, He 111H, Ar 234A, Me 410A, Me 262A, Fw 190A, Fw 190F, Fw 190G.

Sieg oder bolsevismus!

val

Who is at war in AH ?
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 1999, 10:43:00 AM »
KATS:

People have been asking for a 3 country system for a long time. We know how the 4 country system promotes 'gangbang the country with the lowest numbers'. A 3 country system may be better or worse, but at least it 'addresses' the issue instead of ignoring it.

I intentionally used the word 'address' in my post. I didn't use the word fix or better, because there is no way of knowing until AH hits the street.

Obviously a lot of what we will see in AH will be familiar. It will be built by the same people that created and then shaped WBs. I am looking forward to the differences. The changes that will reflect the evolution of the concept and the vision of the designers.

val

------------------
Scott (val) Valline
Dweebs of Death

Offline fats

• Copper Member
Who is at war in AH ?
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 1999, 12:12:00 PM »
--- Val: ---
It seems like you guys are gonna really shake things up
--- End ---

No, they are just copying from even older game than WB - AW that is which had A, B and C country. How was DOA with just 2 sides? I never played it  enough to catch the arena flow.

~/fats

nastee

Who is at war in AH ?
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 1999, 12:26:00 PM »
Fats-
 I played DoA ( Dead on Arrival )
 Its more enjoyable with 2 countries than 3
You still had gangbanging countries
Thats my opionion and sticking to it.  
          ~Nastee~
        *Flying Aces*
     <Bomber Attachment>+
            DoA

Offline Brazos

• Zinc Member
Who is at war in AH ?
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 1999, 12:37:00 PM »
Anything more than one country will promote gang banging. AW's three countries was the best solution to the problem. With only two countries, one side will be at a disadvantage -every- time you log on. With three or more, that percentage is reduced. Large main arenas are not scenarios, but non-stop fragfests. Two countries will only work in organized events, imo.

------------------
Cya up...Brazos