Author Topic: Unable to Join as a Gunner  (Read 393 times)

Offline Dr Lecter

• Zinc Member
Unable to Join as a Gunner
« on: December 04, 2002, 11:23:56 AM »
When on H2H, my join request goes off ok, but the reipient usually says they have not received the request.

Only once have I successfully joined a bomber, and that was very jerky.  Any advice?

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Re: Unable to Join as a Gunner
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2002, 11:37:30 AM »
Originally posted by Dr Lecter
When on H2H, my join request goes off ok, but the reipient usually says they have not received the request.
If they did not receive the request, then presumably they invited you to join instead, and you just had to accept?

There are a couple of ways of joining, one is via the list on the roster, but I prefer to just type it in the text box..... Say you were trying to join me..... you would do this by simply bringing up the box with the / and typing .join Flossy - (note the dot!) and hit return to send.  A message will appear that your request has been sent.... if you don't get that message, you did something wrong.  You should then find yourself in the cockpit if the request is accepted.  :)

Don't forget to always ask permission before sending a join request.....  :)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2002, 11:39:56 AM by Flossy »
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Soda

• Silver Member
      • http://members.shaw.ca/soda_p/models.htm
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2002, 12:24:34 PM »
Gunning in a bomber isn't usually that jerky unless the bomber is maneuvering.  If the bomber is maneuvering then it can be quite jumpy.  I was in a bomber the other day trying to strafe GV's on the ground as a gunner and it was almost impossible because the bomber I was riding in was jumping around under-neath me... and my connection was excellent at the time.

-Soda
The Assassins.

Offline Dr Lecter

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2002, 12:58:05 PM »
Flossy - yeh, I've tried both methods, and every time the server says that my meassage has been sent.

The recipient does not receive the request to join (I warn them off about the window and make sure I ask to join when it is ok with them)

soda - yeah, I had the same problem in a manoeuvering TBM.  I felt a bit queasy!

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2002, 02:49:40 PM »
Hes right.

Everytime you send a join request to someone in the H2H they wont receive it.

And i know both of the methods of joining ;)

Offline FulzGold

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2002, 02:53:33 PM »
I think the person you are trying to join also has to type in
".accept yourid" not sure but last time i joined someone this is what i had to do-do.

Offline Dr Lecter

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2002, 06:25:39 PM »
Hang on - I've just thought:  how come I was accepted for my TBM ride?  If H2H does not offer this option, this should not have happened.  It was a wild ride, but a fun one.

From Dr Lecter -  a frustrated gunner.

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2002, 02:18:32 AM »
I really don't know anything about H2H, and presumed it would be the same as flying in the MA.  The only other thing I can think of is if the person you are trying to join has the pop-up windows turned off and missed the request in the text.  If using the text method, then yes, they have to type .accept [GameID], but with a pop-up window it just needs a click with the mouse on Accept.  :)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun