Author Topic: On Suicide bombing.  (Read 8114 times)

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
On Suicide bombing.
« Reply #240 on: December 08, 2002, 04:43:39 PM »
Does anyone know WHICH fighters actually are known to have carried a single 1k egg..much less 2? I dont think all of the ones here could do that..no proof tho.   Also...I gun cv's a LOT...and tand to notice the kills seem most often done by A20's of late.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Red Tail 444

• Gold Member
      • http://www.redtail.org
On Suicide bombing.
« Reply #241 on: December 08, 2002, 06:03:57 PM »
Originally posted by Alpo

(one little squirt of 7.92 shouldn't be able to kill a gun position)

But it will kill the gunner...

Offline Red Tail 444

• Gold Member
      • http://www.redtail.org
On Suicide bombing.
« Reply #242 on: December 08, 2002, 06:09:43 PM »
Originally posted by davidpt40

Suicide Jabos-keep'em, they are realistic.

Fine, anyone augering or dying after (magic number) of bomb release + AoA...gets removed fro the game for 60+ minutes.

You wanna die for your country via kamizaze, fine. But accept a  penalty for it.

Gaming the game is ruining AH.

Offline detch01

• Silver Member
Re: On Suicide bombing.
« Reply #243 on: December 08, 2002, 06:56:11 PM »
Originally posted by hitech
Been toying with the idea that ordanance has  little or no effect if you are not still living for a given period of time (around 30 secs) after impact.

What do you gents think?

HiTech

Sorry HiTech, I don't like the idea - that was one of the worst features of AW. The penalty would be suffered by friendlies on missions who lose that ordnance.  I do like Eagl's idea - setting a minimum time-of-flight after release to give bombs enough time to arm before impact.  That way, if someone tries to suicide with bombs he'd get nowhere, but those who do play honestly would still have their bombs live if they buy it on the way out.

Cheers,
asw
Latrine Attendant, 1st class
semper in excretio, solum profundum variat

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
On Suicide bombing.
« Reply #244 on: December 09, 2002, 03:53:45 AM »
to answer the original question (with the 30 sec delay)

NO thanks :)

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
On Suicide bombing.
« Reply #245 on: June 05, 2003, 11:36:47 AM »
the only real reason qwhy people suicide bomb is because there bombers can carry as much or more than all real bombers except the lancaster and the b17...possibly b26 but not by much...at the end of the day its just faster and they can do more damage...the best thing to do would be to weaken bombs dropped from fighters and strengthen the damage done by bombs dropped by real bombers

Offline Bubbaj6

• Zinc Member
On Suicide bombing.
« Reply #246 on: June 05, 2003, 03:13:49 PM »
I don't like that perk the bombs approach.  As pointed out this will make it necessary for more planes to take part in a base capture.  Since the other half of the base capture complaint is "steamrolling", doesn't having more planes there compound this issue?  

Also, it takes newbies quite awhile to get perks going.  I have been playing for I think like 3 months now and I still don't have that many perk points.  If you start "charging" for bombs you cut out all the newbs that keep the game fresh and replace those that tire of it.

I DO like the angle of attack on heavies and survive til bombs hit for damage on JABOs approach.  I think these are probably the best way to go.

Offline Grizzly

• Nickel Member
Re: On Suicide bombing.
« Reply #247 on: June 06, 2003, 01:51:56 PM »
Originally posted by hitech
Been toying with the idea that ordanance has  little or no effect if you are not still living for a given period of time (around 30 secs) after impact.

What do you gents think?

HiTech

This could get weird if a GV got killed but didn't blow until 30 seconds later, worse if it popped back to life. Also, there are many who do a proper job of dive bombing but get honestly killed by AA or another plane right after the drop.

I think the best way to go would be to penalize those who auger right after the drop by restricting their access to bombs for a period of time... maybe 15 or 30 minutes. That would at least take care of the pork and repeat dweeb... the worst case.

I also think killshooter should be changed to a penalty type thing... like allow friendly damage, but give the shooter no bullets for a time period, that increases with repetition. This would not only cut down on spraying, but piss off the guy that got shot... some community justice might follow =o)

Offline streetstang

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
On Suicide bombing.
« Reply #248 on: June 06, 2003, 05:37:44 PM »
Originally posted by gatso
Or... One I just thought of.

For buffs with a bombsite only allow bombs to be released from the bombsite view. (auto level - no dive bombing)

May stop the most extreme cases.

Gatso

This is a great idea, and would hinder those stupid suicide CV bombers.
Have many films, as Im sure many do, of 17s ect. doing run after run on a CV until it gets sunk.
<> All
Jeffer

Offline bakerm

• Zinc Member
cv suicide
« Reply #249 on: June 07, 2003, 12:53:54 PM »
Removing an option is not a good idea.  CV's that have CAP over them aren't nearly as likely to be sunk.  It's just as dweeby to have CV pilots doing Airfield attacks only, with no thought to protection of the CV.  It didn't happen then and shouldn't happen now.  No change is necessary.