Author Topic: Plz simulate variable engine RPM and engine over RPM sounds.  (Read 325 times)

Offline boxboy28

• Gold Member
      • http://none
Plz simulate variable engine RPM and engine over RPM sounds.
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2002, 11:01:23 AM »
JB  I was thinking the same thing as soon as i heard it! but isnt there on where bugs hits  the "Air Brakes" too kinda like that?

box

Ps my fav. is super bugs vs texas bill or what ever with the horse!
"bric a brac a fire cracker sis boom bah bugs bunny bugs bunny rah  rah rah"!!!!
^"^Nazgul^"^    fly with the undead!
Jaxxo got nice tata's  and Lyric is Andre the giant with blond hair!

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2002, 01:46:30 PM »
Originally posted by boxboy28
JB  I was thinking the same thing as soon as i heard it! but isnt there on where bugs hits  the "Air Brakes" too kinda like that?

box

Ps my fav. is super bugs vs texas bill or what ever with the horse!
"bric a brac a fire cracker sis boom bah bugs bunny bugs bunny rah  rah rah"!!!!

Yep :) he pulls back on the "air brakes" lever and it breaks off LOLOL

i could recite the whole episode here but who would want to read that  D:

btw... the bric a brac a fire cracker... was used in 2 or 3 bugs episodes. which 1 you mean? the baseball game 1?
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2002, 01:47:40 PM »
Originally posted by ergRTC
That was one of the best bbunnies ever.  Did you ever see the twilight zone version?  Damn scary.

u talking about the short from the movie where john lithgow was going nutz on the plane?
thas scared the heck outta me as a kid :D
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2002, 02:40:38 PM »
That part's pretty long, the intro inside a pickup in the middle of the desert is really freaky.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
      • http://bio2.elmira.edu/DMS/index.pl?table=content&faculty=1&page=1
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2002, 02:48:37 PM »
yeah the one with lithgow.  Talk about nightmares.  I musta been 8 years old when I saw it.  I think it was made back around 1982.

Offline spothq

• Copper Member
      • http://www.mbshost.com
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2002, 03:18:15 AM »
Punt!

Offline AtmkRstr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2002, 04:11:43 PM »
Mitsu, why havn't you been hired by HTC yet?

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2002, 11:32:49 AM »
Was at an airshow here in Jersey some years back. Mostly stunt planes and such. But they also had on display a few WWII birds including a B26 and a pony. At the end of the show all the old warbirds upped for a flyby and the pony dove and did a strafing type run on the feild. Now I dont know what it is, be it RPMs or wind flow or whatever But there was definately a very loud and unmistakeable  whining screaming sound when that pony dove of that exactly what you hear in the old movies with the plane in a dive. so I do know first had for fact that there is indeed a sound. Also I know it was so loud there is no way possable it wasnt also heard in the cockpit.
I have always wondered why that sound wasnt included here

Drediock

Originally posted by Griego
I was told that the rpm did not raise in a dive. It has to do with the Props. Also told that Ace's High is the only sim that has modeled this correctly.

I like your sound but that sounds more like wind to me the screaming that is. I think it would make a great wind sound. IMHO.

Some of the screaming you hear when a plane pass by fast is the air whistling by open areas like gun holes and such. again IMHO.

Would like to have such sound for the F4U it was called by the japanese pilots the whistling death.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline BenDover

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2002, 12:31:44 PM »
do we have any planes that don't have constant speed props?

Offline Booky

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2002, 11:28:36 PM »
Originally posted by Oedipus
That's the doppler effect.  And no, it's not heard inside the cockpit because the engine and pilot remain the same distance from each as they travel thru the air so the sound doesn't change unless the pilots changes the MP or prop pitch.  FWIW you're all asking for silly Hollywood sound effects. It's not realistic. Constant speed props do not make that that over revving noise and in a plane you could not hear the wind outside of the cokcpit (let alone anything else) over the noise of the engine.

But.  Since AH let's you hear outside noises anyway I don't see why HTC doesn't give you players what you would like.

Oed

Have you ever been in a plane before? Hell I can't count how many planes I have been in where the wind is distinctly heard over the engine. I also recall several occasions with constant speed prop aircraft that we heard the engine whined up when we were diving. So for you to say that this isn't so just goes to show that you haven't a clue what your talking about. But hey I don't know either I was only in the pit hearing what I imagined I heard.:rolleyes:

Booky

Offline Booky

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2002, 10:02:35 PM »
Originally posted by Oedipus
"Have you ever been in a plane before?"

I did not say what you heard on the GROUND was wrong. I'm saying it IS if you expect to hear it if you were the pilot in the airplane.  No need to be an bellybutton because someone has a different, more informed opinion Booky.

Oed

Did I say I was on the ground? No I said I was in the pit, real time experience, can't really argue with that. I know for a fact that the engine will whine when you dive and it is heard in the cockpit. I will however come to a agreement that this may not be so noticable in a 2000HP WWII Fighter, since I was not in one. But I know that in lighter, smaller aircraft such as the C182RG constant speed,  that we heard the engine wind up when we dove out from that 737 that tried to run us over at about 6k and 35 miles se of Naha intl. Silly Naha controlers forgot it was thick clouds and we couldn't see chit. There have been other instances where Ive heard the engine whind up but I really haven't flown much in a few years so I can't recall exact models. I know one of them was a Piper HP of some sort doing acrobat manouvers over a frozen lake  near wyoming MN a few winters ago :-)

Anyway, I was fuming already when I posted the first one so I hope you didn't take too much offense to it. I am just posting what I know I experience, and I generalize that most here act like they know wat they talking about because they READ it somewhere, or HEARD (no pun intended) it somewhere.

Like all things take it for a grain of salt. Nothing I ever say means a whole lot anyway so don't get too fubergasted aobut this :p

Booky

Offline Griego

• Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2002, 12:12:09 AM »
Hmmm, how can you hear the engine whine when the RPM stay the same in a dive or not.

If the RPM's would wind up in a dive then i would assume that you would here the engine wind up but since the RPM's stay the same the engine would sound the same at all times in the cockpit wouldn't you think.

Now on the ground what you here is the doppler effect.

IMHO of course.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2002, 12:16:09 AM by Griego »