Author Topic: Abatic is a chute shooter  (Read 4735 times)

Offline abatic

• Zinc Member
Break Out the Bubbly!
« Reply #105 on: December 16, 2002, 06:55:00 AM »
I'm so giddy with excitement, I can hardly contain myself!

During the night this has become the longest thread by number of replies in the history of the Combat Theater Forum.

There are just so many people to thank.

First, you gentle readers who have contributed such insightful and thought provoking comments, Thank You.

To HiTech who contributed additional hard disk space to house this thread rather than spend money on a new spinner, Thank You.

Of course, I can't forget those intrepid aviators of the 325th Fighter Group.

To the Executive Officer who selflessly continued on rather than .ef his flight, Thank You.
You are the seed from which this thread grew.

To the Operations Officer who, while not being a direct party to the action, came forward to enlighten us with your views of online morality, Thank You.
You planted the seed of this thread and then lovingly nurtured it for all of us.

Some have questioned my lineage.

My middle name is actually Abatic and it has no relation to a cankerous sore or a rag wing airplane.

Which brings me to my final thanks, to my mom Mildred Lapse and my dad Arthur Rate, Thank You.

I would love to attend the celebration at "Spago's", but I'm off to the library to study Nixon's 'Checkers' speech.

To all of you, adieu.

Your servant;
Eddie Abatic Lapse-Rate
« Last Edit: December 16, 2002, 09:11:47 AM by abatic »

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Abatic is a chute shooter
« Reply #106 on: December 16, 2002, 07:13:51 AM »
Dont worry about it Eddie, it appears that you have the support of most all the other players even if you did do it "just because" :D

Offline Löwe

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/duxfordeagles
Re: Break Out the Bubbly!
« Reply #107 on: December 16, 2002, 07:50:44 AM »
Originally posted by abatic

Of course, I can't forget those intrepid aviators of the 325th Fighter Group-.--

Everybody that reads this thread should know, Abatic pretty much kicked the whole 325th's butt, all by himself. Like I said in another post, if he can shoot down that many P-47s, and still have ammo to kill chutes, He's the man.

One other thing about Abatic, he's taken all this, and not once mentioned how he kicked our butts. Thats more class than you see in a month of AH threads. I think you 325th guys need to let this thread die.

If somebody gives you a black eye, and you squeak till they give you another one. Learn to shutup before they give you a bloody nose too.:eek:

Abatic.

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #108 on: December 16, 2002, 09:05:00 AM »
:(

Offline Samm

• Silver Member
« Reply #109 on: December 16, 2002, 09:35:32 AM »
If you facilitate an enemies retreat and withdrawal what does that make you ?

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #110 on: December 16, 2002, 09:45:53 AM »
Well if they are retreating, I must be good. If I allow them to do it with "ease" then I must be Merciful !

Offline Samm

• Silver Member
« Reply #111 on: December 16, 2002, 10:10:11 AM »
Actually it's called colaborating with the enemy, or as it's know in civilian circles, high treason .

When you let him live to fight another day you are helping the enemy of your country . You've contributed to their efforts in the destruction of your country .

And you think that's better that shooting an enemy soldier that poses no imidiate threat .

Do you see the fallacy of your logic yet ?

« Last Edit: December 16, 2002, 10:22:41 AM by Samm »

Offline abatic

• Zinc Member
Final Thoughts
« Reply #112 on: December 16, 2002, 10:13:41 AM »
P6E Hawk
Sir;
I would actually rather not post this on open forum, but since we both have put our 'hearts on our sleeve', it might be appropriate.  I learned long ago that two people can witness the same event and come away with two different renditions.  Let's clear the air from my perspective,

GV Comments:  As I recall there were less than 10 people logged on in the CT when I discovered you in an M16 warping to my base.  On private channel, I chided you as being too good to waste your time in a gv - in hopes that you would up in a plane.  You didn't - your choice and no skin off my nose, but I did squelch you in silent protest.  A key bounce output two // and you observed the squelch in the buffer.  Hasty on my part since it allowed a perceived wrong to grow unchecked.

Chute Comments:  Your squad night was a real blast for me.  9-1 kept me busy!  Got shot down several times but I put in some licks too.  Most of the action was low level and close in to the base and would continue to be so since my N1K could never chase down your P-47s.  When I observed the grounded individual (not really a chute at that point though the icon remains such), I considered it a real threat to me.  He had the opportunity to radio information to your squad mates.  Whether he did or not, I have no way of knowing.  After two passes, I eliminated that threat.  I learned that there is no kill message when this happens so I didn't know who it was.  No disrespect to the individual was intended.  I would do the same thing again in a heartbeat.

BBS Comments:  I have run the gamut of emotions on this one.  At first seeing the thread I was upset.  No one likes seeing their name up in lights in a derogatory way.  It then changed to anger when I discovered that you were not even the person I executed. It later gave way to amusement as the thread continued to grow unabated.  It's time to put the old horse out to stud imho.

Final Comments:  I have read your bio on your squad site.  I have reviewed your messages on this BBS.  In real life I think we would be friends.  Anyone who flies ASEL over the Okefenokee at low level for a living has my respect and admiration.  In this simulation I have found you to be a skilled adversary.  I think you are mistaken in some of your opinions but that doesn't chafe me at all.  The olive branch is extended and I am over and out.

Fair winds and a dewy grass,
Eddie 'Abatic' Lapse-Rate

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
« Reply #113 on: December 16, 2002, 10:23:20 AM »
wow, this makes me want to fly in the CT even more now!
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #114 on: December 16, 2002, 10:37:07 AM »
Thank you Abatic.

It appears I misunderstood your indirect offer and received it as an insult. Lately I have been running around frustrated and gunshy. I did not start the taunting in AH but I fell into its luar through the frustratins and misunderstandings from the game itself and the other players. I appreciate you digging into and finding who you think I might be in person and not falling into the trap of making a snappy post reply.

You certainly do not need my respect, but now you have it and in my unexpected humble way!

Thank you for your professionalism
« Last Edit: December 16, 2002, 10:45:47 AM by CurtissP-6EHawk »