Author Topic: Abatic is a chute shooter  (Read 4734 times)

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Abatic is a chute shooter
« on: December 11, 2002, 11:55:21 AM »
The other night you :(  upon me driving an M16. I spawned and drove up to that base because there was no one there and I wanted to play around and shoot things in the M16. You guys started spawning and I was just there. I was enguaged with another GV and had a little GV war going. You dove in on me and I shot you down. You then attacked me several more times and you continued to get shot down. Then you call me on private chanel and told me that I was stooping low or something like that by driving a GV instead of flying. Then you kept attacking me and I kept killing you. I didnt really know what to make of that coment but I just blew it off.

Well, last night you stooped to CHUTE SHOOTING and is HIGHLY :( on in the CT. :(  on more than anything I know of even vulching just to be vulching. I get frustrated probably just as much as any one else but I sure dont stoop to chute shooting.

Right or wrong, its your choice but I will disagree and say my piece.

BIG :(
« Last Edit: December 11, 2002, 02:03:53 PM by CurtissP-6EHawk »

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: Abatic is a chute shooter
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2002, 12:52:49 PM »
Originally posted by CurtissP-6EHawk
Well, last night you stooped to CHUTE SHOOTING and is HIGHLY :( on in the CT. :(  on more than anything I know of even vulching just to be vulching. I get frustrated probably just as much as any one else but I sure the F@#$ dont stoop to chute shooting.(

Um.  There may be a difference of opinion here.  No one has pointed out to me any reason to bail other than to maximize one's score.  One of my few, but pet, peeves is pointmongering.  Pointmongering encourages people to become vulching, ack-running, ganging alt-monkey b&zers, as the MA people are finding now with their contest.  Granted that one of the goals of MA flying seems to be amassing huge point scores, this is the CT, where rank and score are generally held to be unimportant.  So I do what I can to discourage pointmongering, and shooting chutes is one such way.  I would be delighted to shoot yours, P6E, if it weren't for the fact that generally it is you shooting me down.

- oldman

Offline pangea

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2002, 01:12:23 PM »
Oldman, but I have to respectfully disagree with you here.

When I fly in the CT one of my goals is not to get killed.  I do this not because I want to improve my rank or score but because it makes the game more realistic and immersive for me.  I find I am less likely to put myself in a hopeless situation when I play this way.  Therefore I bail if my plane is damaged to the point where it is impossible or unlikely that I would be able to fly it home.  I do not bail to improve my rank or avoid being shot down.  Not saying your way is wrong, just that this is how I play the game.

That being said, I must agree with Hawk that chute shooting is lame IMO.  In the grand scheme of things its not that big of a deal....after all this is a game and anybody who pays can play how they wish.  However, it just seems inherently wrong to shoot someone who is completely helpless, defenseless and poses absolutely no threat to anybody.

pangea

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2002, 01:16:50 PM »
oldman this has been some what of a touchy subject. This is the Combat Arena and is suppose to be of a "Combat" atmosphere unlike the "Gaming" that goes on in the MA. I know I have had my moments in the CT but I just assume there be no score other than Kills/Death but no number score.

I have tried to pull myself together here lately and try to fly in the CT with much more respect for my opponents instead of my yacking on ch-all. I am putting my frustrations behind me and enjoying the game.

I am not downing the MA and I am not saying the CT is Superior, but would like to see the CT on more of a professional level of fighting.

Respect
Admiration
Professionalism

Surprised?

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2002, 01:22:56 PM »
When I fly in the CT one of my goals is not to get killed. I do this not because I want to improve my rank or score but because it makes the game more realistic and immersive for me.

.....and my thoughts as well on everything else Pangea said.

Pangea

Offline Chanter

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2002, 01:32:31 PM »
Can someone enlighten me as to when "BnZ" flying became a dweeb tactic?  I remember back in my beginnings in WB, BnZ was something most people aspired to be proficient at.  

Oh, and one more point - anyone here remember the old adage "Alt is Life"?
1841 Fleet Air Arm

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2002, 01:48:41 PM »
you really think there wasn't alot of chute shooting (when possible) in the airwar of ww2?

do you think they'd admit to it if there were?

you just see your buddy get blow to bits as his plane explodes, you hose the guy that did it, tear up his plane, he bails out.

just you and him in the sky - u just gonna fly by and salute him?

yeah right - that crap was for the movies

it was much harder to replace an experienced pilot than a plane

btw - i don't shoot chutes on a regular basis CT or MA j because there isn't much sport to it and you just didn't blow my rl buddy into shreds :)
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Skyfoxx

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2002, 01:52:47 PM »
Ditto what pangea said.  For me personally, it has nothing to do with the AH score.  I was surprised to see oldman shoot my chute a while back since he is one of the CT's better sticks and seems to be a pretty likeable bloke imo. :D
I don't agree with it but I guess it is his option.
Just don't classify us as scoremongers because we strive to avoid getting killed. It doesn't surprise me at all to see it in the MA. But yeah, shooting chutes is lame in the CT imho.

Regards
Skyfoxx
« Last Edit: December 11, 2002, 01:55:30 PM by Skyfoxx »
"Consider your own fortunes gentlemen the deepest circle of hell is reserved for traitors and mutineers."

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2002, 01:55:14 PM »
:)  Hey Chanter,
I know I was the worst about calling names, alt monkeys etc but you are right.

B&Z  is not a dweeb tactic just a pain in the bellybutton if your IJN..hehehe

HO  is not a dweeb tactic and was used by the pilot with the better gun advantage. Frankly, I barral roll to avoid being hit then do something.

Vulching is not dweebish if you are protecting something

Running/Extending is not dweebish if you dont want to die. I dont! Now that I fly Allied fighters, I run a lot :D

BnZ is not a dweeb tactic but is the easiest and safest tactic to use if you want to stay alive.

Dogfighting is a last resort, sevival odds start to dwindle when you begin to dogfight.

This makes the IJN/A flying very boaring and frustrating. The N1K1 and A6M5 set-up has been good for the IJN/A.

Kinda stupid to try and turn or climb with both N1K1 or a A6M5 while flying the P-47, dont expect me to if I dont think I caint shoot you down.

Respect
Admiration
Professionalism

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2002, 01:59:37 PM »
you just see your buddy get blow to bits as his plane explodes, you hose the guy that did it, tear up his plane, he bails out.

It doesnt make it right, so why continue to do it here?
Besides, your buddy that just got shot down just gave the Victor a big on the "All" Channel. If he is not pissed, why should you be. In real life, sure maybe, he was doing his job by eliminating the weapon and you just became a murderer.

I was surprised to see oldman shoot my chute a while back since he is one of the CT's better sticks and seems to be a pretty likeable bloke imo.

I for one also became shocked to see oldman admit to enjoy chute shooting. I became to respect oldman becasue he always gave a to his victor instead of yelling at him and calling him names (as I did), however, I frown on the chute shooting and just lost a bit of respect for his ethics game or no game. I can no longer a person that does that.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2002, 02:26:01 PM by CurtissP-6EHawk »

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2002, 02:44:13 PM »
Some ppl like to make a name for them selves by doing these kinds of things its there 15 a month no since getting bent about it.

Yes it is thier $15 a month. Its my $15 a month as well,  I dont want to be shot in my chute. I know ack does but that is a game bug that I hope gets fixed.

I have herd that WWII Japanese pilots did not bail from their planes and did not have parachutes

Thats why my loved ones are still around and the rediculous beliefs of those flyers caused them to loose many valued and skilled pilots' lives and is why many of our allied pilots returned home. Sad wasnt it?

I guess if I have a pet peve its the runners these ppl no matter if your out of ammo,gas,pilot wound,smoking,ditching,or if I have to chase you all the way back to your base and get you while u land I will shoot you to pecies.

Ego problem? Frustration problem?

Offline keyapaha

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2002, 02:57:23 PM »
I try to do my best to fly and live and complete my mission and  return to base like pangea said it is more immersive and real to try to do so.But on the other hand chute shooting was a real issue in WWII espicially in the pacific theatre and all airforces were involved in this but dont admit it.Although we are only simulating a war/battle it is a very nasty business so to me this chute shooting adds a little more realisim to the game,although I do not participate in it very often.

If someone wants to be pinned a chute shooter then so be it

This brings me to ask this question :
  I have herd from some USN flyers that fought in the Pacific Theatre that when they downed Japanese planes they never once saw a pilot bail.Did the Japanese not have chutes?Or were they doing their country/empiror a honer by dieing in battle.

Can someone answer this.

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2002, 03:09:53 PM »
As far as chute shooting goes, I very seldom do it.  Mostly because I know that it really ticks so many folks off, and I really don't get all that much of a thrill out of it.  I can't figure out, however, why folks get so mad about it.  It doesn't bother me one bit to be shot in my chute.

BTW, generally I almost never bail from Japanese aircraft.  They typically didn't do it, so I don't either.  It's stupid, I know, but to me its part of reliving history... its just a tad more immersive.

I often ride other country  of origin planes into the ground when they are a total loss.  Usually because I want to get the sortie over with quickly, and its a bit more thrilling to ride it in.

Anyway, if I bail the next time any of you guys shoot me down, by all means pop my chute if it will give you even the slightest thrill.

eskimo
« Last Edit: December 11, 2002, 03:50:45 PM by eskimo2 »

Offline keyapaha

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2002, 03:10:05 PM »
OK hawk I deleted that post u responded to didnt sound good

but you answered my question on the pilots bailing out I thought I was right about that.And yes this is sad .

An adding to that is the main reason I dont bail out even though its a game but I like to try to have as much realisim as possible when I fly and if Japanese pilots did not bail nither will I.

Its definetly a ego thing,when have u ever heard me be frustrated.:D

Offline HFMudd

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2002, 03:33:09 PM »
I'd like to invite anyone who wants to shoot my chute to do so.  If it makes the game more fun for you and keeps you flying in the CT then I am more than willing to dangle there while you shoot me.  I have not the time, skill or interest to pay much attention to rank and since my longest personal "streak" is only 14 (in a 205 of all things) I don't have much to loose there either.

Besides, I think it is kind of fun to watch the planes zooming on me....