Author Topic: WW2OL, 2nd Impressions  (Read 4510 times)

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
WW2OL, 2nd Impressions
« Reply #90 on: December 17, 2002, 04:28:18 PM »
Originally posted by straffo
Explain-me why I should try the pzr and them complain about something I don't give a toejam ?

The armour model of the french tank is porked .

You know you would fit really well in that game.

(For allies of course)

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
WW2OL, 2nd Impressions
« Reply #91 on: December 17, 2002, 04:46:30 PM »
No I cant' be in such a game , it was my 5th test of WWIIol and I still think it's FUBAR ...

I've closely monitored WWIIol for month in the hope of seeing a real battle of France game and what do we have ?

nothing

After years of dev. CRS are still unable to make a SINGLE french plane their argument about documentation is as rotten as WWIIol FM and they will give french pilot the 520 when announcing the 109F4 it's a joke no ?.

The only thing I know for sure is that if the CRS is able to survive long enought to have 1944 and 1945 armement for the allied if will be MY turn to help the AXIS eat their own arrogance.

btw have you ever  looked closely at french tank ?

How can  I have all the crew of my S35 killed by a front shot of a pak 36 at 500 meters ?

You don't know how ? I don't either as it's impossible regarding penetration tables.
Perhaps I'm just unlucky ...but why each time I test WWIIol I've the same problem ?

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
WW2OL, 2nd Impressions
« Reply #92 on: December 17, 2002, 05:21:38 PM »
You know you would fit really well in that game.

(For allies of course)

Careful now... we always hear how great the community is there. Are you suggesting only half is good?

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
WW2OL, 2nd Impressions
« Reply #93 on: December 17, 2002, 06:00:10 PM »
For some reason it looks like Axis are having more adult players than Allies.

Just my opinion, YMMV :)

Offline hardcase

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
WW2OL, 2nd Impressions
« Reply #94 on: December 17, 2002, 06:01:38 PM »
was the ammo cooked off?
spalling..for one thing.

HC

Offline EvilDingo

• Copper Member
      • http://www.mp3.com/einsteinband
WW2OL, 2nd Impressions
« Reply #95 on: December 17, 2002, 06:21:15 PM »
Straffo, the 520 is being implemented as a 1940 aircraft, not 1941 like the 109F. The French will have use of the 520 for much longer than the Germans will have the 109F.

You have a lot of anger over something so trivial. The simple fact is that Germany had the absolute best aircraft in the Battle of France. The 109 dominated and rightly so, it was probably the best aircraft in the world at the time.

It doesn't surprise me that in WWIIOL 109's hold all the cards. They should. I don't have any trouble dealing with them beside that fact they can get away -sometimes-

The Hawk 75 and Hurricane MkI are good aircraft. If you fly smart you'll have little trouble dealing with the pesky 109s.

Beeker

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
WW2OL, 2nd Impressions
« Reply #96 on: December 17, 2002, 06:32:36 PM »
For some reason it looks like Axis are having more adult players than Allies.

Just my opinion, YMMV

You know, it's precisely this type of attitude that makes the community there so charming. I might say all the elitist, arrogant players play primarily Axis. Which one of us would be right? Would either of us?

I've often posted over there that thought... what makes any sane person believe that all the good players just happened to play the one side? What are the odds that could happen. Yet... when you read stuff like what you posted above, you get the idea there really are fools who really believe that. And those same fools fall on the "superior training and tactics" mantra... what goofs.

Now if I was given my druthers, I'd play Axis primarily. I like the weapons better, I like the cool mystique of the history of the German Wehrmacht. The problem is, the Axis side is so rife with people that have jumped ship to play on the winning side, and then these same people have been so vocal about being superior, I just can't stomach playing there for any length of time. That, and I have no interest in making a 640x480 sig picture that hails the glories of my imaginary squad.

Offline hardcase

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
WW2OL, 2nd Impressions
« Reply #97 on: December 17, 2002, 09:10:57 PM »
I've watch the fight from the beginning. Allies don't organize, don't communicate, don't chatter, don't defend their air bases to the death(which allows stukas to run rampant). Allies like to lone wolf, axis seem to organize. Someday the allies will learn teamwork.

HC

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
WW2OL, 2nd Impressions
« Reply #98 on: December 17, 2002, 09:13:20 PM »
100!!!!
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

Offline VFJACKAL

• Copper Member
Hardcase...not that it natters.....
« Reply #99 on: December 17, 2002, 09:44:17 PM »
I read about the free weekend. I was in WW2OL when it hit the shelves. In fact , I spent at that time almost 2300.00 on a system to play that game after I read from the beta testers that is was going to require a higher machine than thought.....So with this said this is my impression of it again....

Loading a HUGE D/L was a bit of  apain in the butt. Did it
The new screens were nice but not all that great.
New interface to get in the game was kind of a pain in the butt.
SO after I finally get to the game I have to search all over for the plane I want to fly. I never found a place to just FLY. You had to join a mission to get a plane. SO...I finally get in a Hurri not being able to get a Spit. I fly ALL over that map anf find 2 enme's. Kill em.(told me that after I Landed) All total flying time about an hour. There was not ONE message from another player on my screen. And yes I had comms set right. system messages out the ass. Had to search all over to try to find towns that needed help. When I did find a town it got CHOPPY..My FPS went to crap and game stuttered beyond belief. Chalked this to maybe my settings screwy. Left game. Spent a bit of time "Tweaking" my machine to a game to play on the lowest levels so that it would still be CHOPPY.

To be honest with you Bud...It's not THAT much better. I played for about 4 hours on Saturday. As long as I was away from towns the Air Battles I found were great. I never lost a plane. Had one damaged but made it back to just about 200 yeards from base. Rescued.....LOL The team play of the allies was not there at all. Kind of like flying for the Knights and hearing certain people bi**h all the time and yet find them giving orders to take out the ack while they cruise alt at 20k+ in a Tempest or Pony cause they dont want to get killed. Just not my thing to listen to those that wont get in the dirt and fight with ya. Allies want to win..But want others to do it for em. AND YES I tried to help. HAd 3 panzers killed as well.

My old squad was in Aces High and left to try WW2OL. It was a novelty at first and we all said "Hey its new and will get better". It really hasnt all that much. At least not enough to subscribe to for me anyway. I like to fly. Driving 15 or 20 minutes to a battle to be killed by a 1 shot wonder panzer is absolutley NOT my thing. Running around trying to find a ride to a town...Or running around a town being a troop doesn't do it for me either. I just want to fly. The game is a great Idea. It has all the potential to be really good. But right now after 2 years? I think it's a bust. I'll check in on it again in a year or so. Our squad as since kind of disbursed except for 3 of us. (The original 3) We fly in a old friends squad here and have a hell of a time.

Best of luck in your quest to rule the virtual world.  Hope it gets better like I said. But til I get a mianframe at home...Think Ill just stay with the GREATEST FLIGHT SIM OF ALL.;)

P3 1Ghz.
512 meg SDRAM
32 Meg G-Force 2 Nvidia
Road Runner Cable

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
WW2OL, 2nd Impressions
« Reply #100 on: December 17, 2002, 09:55:11 PM »

Offline AKWeav

• Nickel Member
WW2OL, 2nd Impressions
« Reply #101 on: December 18, 2002, 12:49:58 AM »
Geez, little did I know what a whale would grow from such a tiny minnow.:p

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
WW2OL, 2nd Impressions
« Reply #102 on: December 18, 2002, 01:45:56 AM »

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
WW2OL, 2nd Impressions
« Reply #103 on: December 18, 2002, 01:47:52 AM »
Originally posted by EvilDingo
Straffo, the 520 is being implemented as a 1940 aircraft, not 1941 like the 109F. The French will have use of the 520 for much longer than the Germans will have the 109F.

You have a lot of anger over something so trivial. The simple fact is that Germany had the absolute best aircraft in the Battle of France. The 109 dominated and rightly so, it was probably the best aircraft in the world at the time.

It doesn't surprise me that in WWIIOL 109's hold all the cards. They should. I don't have any trouble dealing with them beside that fact they can get away -sometimes-

The Hawk 75 and Hurricane MkI are good aircraft. If you fly smart you'll have little trouble dealing with the pesky 109s.

Beeker

I never said the 109 was a bad plane. And it didn't ruled the sky like you said if you compare performances of 109D (no the LW was not having ONLY the E4 in 1940 ) and D520 it's in the same level.

But with the attrition/suplies rule I bet that for each 520 there would be 5 messer ...

Ther game is tweaked to make the axis win ...

In fact I just said that if CRS was to make operation overlord US will have a 1st a british plane ,a russian tank with french gun ... talk about realism ...

Were are the Bloch 152,155,Morane 406,Dewoitine 520,Potez 631,Lioré et Olivier 451,Glenn-Martin 167 F,Bréguet 693 ?

And I speak only of the aerial part

Originally posted by hardcase
I've watch the fight from the beginning. Allies don't organize, don't communicate, don't chatter, don't defend their air bases to the death(which allows stukas to run rampant). Allies like to lone wolf, axis seem to organize. Someday the allies will learn teamwork.

HC

We all now in AH what happen to a gangbanged country and we all know the real value of such a comment ...

You even have the tool to show how rotten is your argument :

http://www.flibble.org/~tim/cgi/imbalance.cgi
« Last Edit: December 18, 2002, 02:06:44 AM by straffo »

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
WW2OL, 2nd Impressions
« Reply #104 on: December 18, 2002, 01:51:55 AM »
I wanted to post the yearly result too ...