Author Topic: how to resolve C-hog problem ?  (Read 3468 times)

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
how to resolve C-hog problem ?
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2001, 01:13:00 PM »
Actually, the only thing that makes a plane Uber is the pilot.

I'm not trying to argue that the N1K is uber.  Just that it is a more capable fighter than the F4u-1C.  The only reason its not seeing greater use than the 1C right now is because of CVs.

The F4u-1C has better guns than the N1K.  The N1K has better guns than most other aircraft.  The N1K does virtually everything else better than the F4u-1C.

AKDejaVu

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2001, 01:19:00 PM »
 A chog can outgun a nik.

It can outrun a nik.

And at high alts. Outturn a nik.

Are we playing the same game?

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2001, 01:26:00 PM »
LOL! right easymo.

An F4u-1C can out-dive a N1K.  That's about it.

And how many fights have you been in above 20k?

If guns make the F4u-1C uber.. why am I 9:1 against it this tour in a 1D?  Same plane, only guns are different... answer please?

Now.. with the 1D.. why am I 9:5 against the N1K?

I've never out-turned an N1K with an F4u-1D.  I've never out-looped an N1K with an F4u-1D.  I've never out-ran a co-speed N1K at sea level.  My only real defense is to dive away and pray he tries to follow over 500.  Actually, my other defense is to have a wingman and sucker the N1K into target fixation on one of us.  But 1:1 they are pretty damn tough.

AKDejaVu

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2001, 01:27:00 PM »
I haven't seen a N1K at 20k + in some months now...are you even online today or still HTH?

nonoht

« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2001, 01:56:00 PM »

Originally posted by AKDejaVu:

I've never out-turned an N1K with an F4u-1D.  I've never out-looped an N1K with an F4u-1D.  I've never out-ran a co-speed N1K at sea level.  My only real defense is to dive away and pray he tries to follow over 500.  Actually, my other defense is to have a wingman and sucker the N1K into target fixation on one of us.  But 1:1 they are pretty damn tough.

AKDejaVu

i agree totaly

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2001, 01:57:00 PM »
 You will never see me anywhere near 20k,in a nik, for the very reason I stated above. Just keeping the thing in the air at 20 to 30k is a wrestling match. Trying to fight is hopeless.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2001, 02:17:00 PM »
"I'm not trying to argue that the N1K is uber. Just that it is a more capable fighter than the F4u-1C. The only reason its not seeing greater use than the 1C right now is because of CVs."

Check Tour 11 stats, BEFORE the CV's:

Chog:  15513 kills, 10928 deaths.
Nik:  6176 kills, 5977 deaths.

I think the Chog is so popular because its BFG, toughness, and roll rate, make it excellent at HO, vultching, and snap shots -- all very important for MA style fighting -- as well as being effective against armor and and ground structures.

KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2001, 02:18:00 PM »

Originally posted by easymo:
You will never see me anywhere near 20k,in a nik, for the very reason I stated above. Just keeping the thing in the air at 20 to 30k is a wrestling match. Trying to fight is hopeless.

And at high alts. Outturn a nik.

Basically, I was rendering your point above useless information, since rarely a fight with a N1K above 20k.

If the C-hog needs perking, then the N1K does, because most abled-bodied flyers have a tougher time 1v1 a N1K than a Chog, Chogs can be easily defeated...

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2001, 02:44:00 PM »
Popeye... tour 11 was the beta map with the endlessly respawning ground vehicles at every base.  The F4u-1C was made for that environment.

So far this tour, the F4u-1C has only 15% more kills <edit>against fighters<edit> than the N1K.  It actually has more engagements against N1Ks than it does against itself... the most common plane.

N1Ks are flown alot.  They'd be flown alot more if they were available from CVs.  I really don't see how you could debate that.

AKDejaVu

[This message has been edited by AKDejaVu (edited 02-20-2001).]

AKSeaWulfe

« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2001, 02:50:00 PM »
Tour 13:
AKSWulfe has 3 kills and has been killed 0 times against the F4U-1C.
AKSWulfe has 70 kills and has been killed 20 times in the La-5FN.

Tour 12:
AKSWulfe has 6 kills and has been killed 0 times in the La-5FN against the F4U-1C.
AKSWulfe has 42 kills and has been killed 12 times against the F4U-1C.
AKSWulfe has 16 kills and has been killed 2 times in the fw190A-5 against the F4U-1C.
AKSWulfe has 52 kills and has been killed 13 times in the La-5FN.

Tour 11:
AKSWulfe has 8 kills and has been killed 1 time against the F4U-1C.
AKSWulfe has 8 kills and has been killed 1 time in the La-5FN against the F4U-1C.

Tour 10:
AKSWulfe has 16 kills and has been killed 7 times against the F4U-1C.
AKSWulfe has 41 kills and has been killed 9 times in the La-5FN.

Wait a second.. what was the whole point to this thread? <G>
-SW

Offline Soda

• Silver Member
      • http://members.shaw.ca/soda_p/models.htm
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2001, 02:50:00 PM »
To me, the N1K is a far more dangerous opponent than a C-Hog.  If you make a mistake or get caught off-guard the C-Hog will have you riding your chute to the ground.

Both are dangerous rides in the hands of even inexperienced pilots.  All those cannons and the large ammo load give me nightmares.

-Soda

Offline Jigster

• Copper Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2001, 02:51:00 PM »

Originally posted by Zigrat:
i have no problem with the C hog anymore

EXCEPT

the hispano is too strong VERSUS PANZERS

other than that i dont care about c hog

notice how c hog whines declined since the only real good c hog pilot left aces high?

as much as i used to hate that bastage, i kinda miss him..

From the Joint fighter committee thingy that several people like to refer to for .50 vs 20mm arguments and Pyro has used as well, so therefore for purposes of AH it is a reliabel source.

From this bloated thread, at the bottom: http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/Smileys/default/Forum1/HTML/006835.html

That adds up to four 20's equaling twelve 50 calibers, judged by those standards. Of course you have other advantages of the 20. You have much greater penetration of armor. The 20 will go thru 3/4 inch of armor at 500 yards, while the 50 cal, will go through only .43 inchs.

Panzer IV H armor:

Front Armor = 82.0mm
Side Armor = 30.0mm
Rear Armor = 21.0mm
Front Turret = 80.0mm
Side Turret = 33.0mm
Rear Turret = 30.0mm
Top Armor = 10.0mm

According to the book, at 500 yards it can penetrate 19mm (3/4inch) of armor.

So looking at that, the Panzer IV is invulnerable to the Hispano with the exception of the roof armor of the engine starting at the turrent ring and ending at the grill hinge.

Prolly get buried again, it seems to be a confirmation baised thingy.

Edit, took off +5mm skirts, don't remember if this rating was with or without them.

------------------
Lucky Bastage Target Tugs Serving cannon fodder since 1995

Fire from the bowels, Nomads own the latrines
 www.33rd.org

[This message has been edited by Jigster (edited 02-20-2001).]

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2001, 03:07:00 PM »
There is no problem with the F4u.  As with any plane you come against you need to fly differently.....ie: Bleed F4 of its "E".....don't turn with a N1k or an A6m.
My point is don't change the planes change your tactics.

It has the SAME 4 hispanos as the Typhoon yet there are no problems with that...why??????    

AKSeaWulfe

« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2001, 03:24:00 PM »
Well I can answer that Skernsk, there are far more people flying F4U-1Cs compared to Typhoons.

However, that is no justification to remove it. I will re-iterate what Kieren said, there will always be one plane with percieved advantages over the rest. Some are real, others are just imagined. If it isn't the F4U-1C, then it's going to be the N1K2, if it isn't the N1K2 then it will be one of the following: 109G10, P51D or the SpitIX which would see the most use. If enough guys were killed repeatedly through HUAS, then they will bring it to the BBS saying something must be done about this plane or that plane.

It's common knowledge amongst the guys who have played these guys for several years that one plane will recieve exclusive attention due to percieved advantages or from "reading" about a particular plane a lot. People read about P51s more than the Yak or La5, but in the right hands the La5 or Yak can dominate. It's all a state of mind among many as to which plane they will fly. Either through percieved advantages, true advantages or from simply being exposed to a particular type as a young-in.

In AH, the F4U-1C has a percieved advantage of 4 Hispanos. I say percieved, because unless those cannons are aimed at you they are not an advantage but just added weight on the plane. If you get past the 4 Hispanos, fighting the F4U-1C isn't as hard as you'd make it out to be from reading the BBS.

Remove the F4U-1C and it never ends until we all have a single plane to fly, nullifying any advantages any person has over you except for their ability to jostle their joystick. So you go from seeing one type of plane being used a lot to a single type of plane being the only thing available.

Nope, don't remove anything.. keep pouring the planes in!
[edit]*HUAS== Head Up bellybutton Syndrome
-SW

[This message has been edited by AKSeaWulfe (edited 02-20-2001).]

Offline discod

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.millionaire.com
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2001, 03:27:00 PM »

So looking at that, the Panzer IV is invulnerable to the Hispano with the exception of the roof armor of the engine starting at the turrent ring and ending at the grill hinge.

True jigster...at "500 yds" a single 20MM AP round can penetrate only 19mm...but what a bout at 300yds or 200 yds or 100yds?

And what if two bullets hit the same spot on thre rear armor of a tank (20MM)....1st bullet penetrates 19mm leaving only 1MM.  Then the next bullet to hit that 1MM weak spot will not only penetrate the armour but pulverize the inside of the tank.  

Just some food for thought