Author Topic: how to resolve C-hog problem ?  (Read 3467 times)

Offline Jigster

• Copper Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
how to resolve C-hog problem ?
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2001, 04:02:00 PM »

Originally posted by Jekyll:
Remember that OUR Hispanos are both AP and HE in the one shell.  You don't have separate AP and HE belting in Aces High.  Each shell is a mix of the common belting components.

So, for example, if a standard belting for the 20mm Hispano is 3 HE to 1 AP, each Aces High Hispano shell is 25% AP, 75% HE.

I was making a comparison to real life vs Armor, regarding AP steel vs 37mm and larger caliber guns capable of APC shells, explode after penetration.

In other words the AP should have even less internal effect from lack of major fragmentation.

Also, the 25% to 75% doesn't quite work that way. Usually the Hispano armors (all things dependent, on supply, pilot, plane, etc) used 2:2 ratios, and when in a belt, thats 2 AP, 2 HE, 1 AP/Inc (Tracer). I'm pretty sure thats what Pyro used for a guideline AFAIK (Pyro hasn't responded to my question thread in A/V forum) precentages aren't taking into account, but a blend of characteristics such as penetration, muzzle velocity, ballastics, etc. that are not otherwise modified to coincide with each other for total damage.

- Bessy

[This message has been edited by Jigster (edited 02-22-2001).]