Author Topic: Another Tobacco Related Illness  (Read 195 times)

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
Another Tobacco Related Illness
« on: December 13, 2002, 09:57:35 PM »
Fan falls from smoking terrace at Blazers game

December 7, 2002
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) -- A woman was in critical condition Friday night after falling from an upper smoking terrace at the Rose Garden, a distance of at least 40 feet.

Tammy Fisher was conscious and complaining of leg pain as she was transported to Legacy Emanuel Hospital. A hospital spokesman later listed Fisher in critical condition. She was attending the Portland Trail Blazers' 88-69 win over the Miami Heat.

Fisher fell from the 300 level terrace to the ground level smoking terrace at about 8:45 p.m., a team official said.

"She was conscious and talking to med techs when she was transported to Emanuel Hospital at 9:15,'' said J.E. Isaac, senior vice president of business affairs.

Witness reports indicate that Fisher struck a metal fence on her way down, softening the impact on the concrete, Isaac said.
"That's probably what helped her survive the fall,'' Isaac said. "She hit a glancing blow on the fence then hit the concrete below.''

It was not immediately known how Fisher fell. It is the first time a patron has fallen in the Rose Garden, although a worker was injured several years ago.

The Rose Garden opened in 1995

Mayor Bloomberg is right! Ban public smoking for our own good!
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline UserName

• Copper Member
Re: Another Tobacco Related Illness
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2002, 12:34:19 AM »
Originally posted by Holden McGroin

Mayor Bloomberg is right! Ban public smoking for our own good!

Ahh, but it wasn't public smoking that caused her injuries, but the poorly designed terrace!

Ban terraces! Think of the children!

Offline whgates3

• Silver Member
Another Tobacco Related Illness
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2002, 05:28:17 AM »
ban her from all stairs, escalators, ladders & eleveators.
i dont want her falling on me