Author Topic: ANyone have official info on the perking of aircraft??  (Read 261 times)

Offline Obear

• Zinc Member
ANyone have official info on the perking of aircraft??
« on: May 02, 2001, 08:26:00 AM »
UI just notice that another plane the f4uc i think is now a perked plane, this aircraft being one of the older planes that was not perked before.

I actually think perking is good for really high end performers like the temp, but i wouldnt like the whole arena to be perked.
Anyone know the official stance of this perking system??   are just the really super planes going to be perked or is the whole arena going to be perked at some time??

Any idears??

Golly-geeN  lol i just read what i typed, do you think i put enough "PERKED" words in there lol  

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2001, 11:17:00 AM »
Yes, HTC has stated on many occasions that they intended to use the perk system so that they could introduce aircraft that would otherwise dominate the arena.  They have decided that 20% of the kills in a Tour is dominating enough to warrant making it a cheap perk.

That is a reasonable counclusion based on their past statements.

------------------
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

Bring the Mosquito FB.MkVI Series 2 to Aces High!!!

Sisu
-Karnak
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2001, 11:21:00 AM »
Perking is an attempt at balancing the arena.
Whether it works or not is a matter of opinion.

I doubt if anyone has yet come up with a better idea for the MA that would encompass newbies as well as vets.

Offline Torgo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2001, 12:02:00 PM »
Perks are based entirely on arena numbers.

They'd perk the Mc202 if half the arena started suddenly flying them every tour.

Plans such as the Tempest showed up perked ALREADY because it was pretty obvious they'd be half the arena sorties if they were unperked, just based on the performance of the plane.

But perks of previously non-perked aircraft have NOTHING to do with whining, HTC's opinion of how good they are, etc. and EVERYTHING to do with objective tour statistics.