Author Topic: 2nd account  (Read 677 times)

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
2nd account
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2002, 03:26:36 PM »
Originally posted by T0J0
Originally posted by muckmaw
Culero-

Correct me if I am wrong, but would'nt a NOE mission show up on DAR of the spy's map, thereby negating his need to intercept messages?

Meaning, we could set up a mission with 20 pilots in the same room, and only communicate by crib notes and carrier pidgeon, and all the spy has to do is look at the map and see a clump of "Friendlies". All he has to do then is report them to his cronies.

I thought that was obvious too Muck, I just didn't feel like pointing it out to Culero...  The Dots show up at the base
 you take off from.... No mention of any raid need to happen at all... Just the Dots on the screen and an observant spy!!

T0J0

All true, folkses, no argument. A good and dedicated spy can cause all kinds of havoc. But, like I said, whatcha gonna do about it?

I guess my point here is more about "fog of war" and such. There's no use allowing miscreants to spoil your fun. This "second account used to spy" thingy is WAY old news, it was being done at Air Warrior when AW was the only game out there. There's really nothing reasonable we can ask the company to do about it, second accounts and even second accounts logged into different countries *can* have legitimate usages.

Any honorable player knows this (spying) is low class behavior. Thus, IMO the best thing we can all do is be gents (and ladies!) and promote good sportsmanship by example...and let shame be the reward for those few who misbehave. Certainly, we can have more fun in the arena playing than by com-play-ning here about stuff we can't control!

Word:

Yah, dar is a give-away, as are the sector bars. But, looking at it from an old sneaky scenario commander's POV, I see those facts as challenges and believe I can still make and execute plans that in some ways reduce and negate an enema spy's ability to detect me. Anticipate the enema's reaction to indicators like this and do the unexpected (ie, make feints then veer toward unexpected targets). Hide your raids by riding just inside the sector lines of already occupied sectors, use the sector boundaries smartly. Run ops in conjunction with other squads, having them mount direct fighter assaults on targets away from your raid, designed to hit just as you're launching and thus divert attention from you. Put a group of planes ahead of your NOE group at high alt, draw enema away from your main raid flight path.

THINK! Its a true pleasure to be smarter than low-lifes, and beat them in smart ways ;)

culero
“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey

Offline Preon1

• Nickel Member
2nd account
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2002, 03:36:48 PM »
A little more than a year ago, my roommate (at the time) and I were flying.  We got upset that the rooks were hiding our CV (isles map).  After a couple of abortive attempts to find and sink it, I decided to switch sides and take command of the CV to sail it closer to Bish controlled airspace.  At the time I was pretty high ranking (low teens) and nobody on the rooks could bump me from the boats.  Somebody rose a stink and I think actually called HTC.  Hitech signed on and bumped me from command of the CV.  Ever since the game hasn't allowed me to command that carrier group (C15 I think).

HT, I understand the punishment, but could you PLEASE lift it?  It's been a YEAR.  I think I've been good.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
2nd account
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2002, 04:24:07 PM »
paranoid... or vain :D

now go polish ya head rippy

Originally posted by Ripsnort
Just because I was paranoid didn't mean I shouldn't have been ;)

FYI, make the LAUNCH time and LAST JOIN time for a mission one minute apart from the latest flight start time, then your mission will not show up on the inflight map ;)

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Re: 2nd account
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2002, 04:34:45 PM »
Originally posted by T0J0
It would be interesting to know how many members of AH
 pay for a Second account
I have a second account, but would never dream of using it for spying or score-padding purposes!  :eek:   For one thing, I am only able to use one account at a time, though I think it would be interesting to use a second account as a gunner, perhaps....  :)  My only reason for the second account is because AW I was in two squads, my main squad, The Kraits, in FR and The Hell Gods in RR.  When I came to AH, I naturally stayed with the Kraits, who transferred here some time before the Hell Gods did..... however, after the demise of AW, I found I was missing flying with my RR squad, even though they were now very active in AH.... so, a few months ago I decided to open a second account so that I could fly with them again, especially on occasions that there were no Kraits online.  Both squads fly for the Bishops and I kept my ID similar so that there could be no mistaking that it was me on both accounts.  Flossy is a member of the Kraits; FL0SSY (with a zero instead of a letter O) is a member of the Hell Gods.  Nothing sinister, just a desire to fly with both squads.  :D
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
2nd account
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2002, 05:29:38 PM »
i don't want to talk about it here but i think some people have been spying on ripsnort.

meet me at a1, i'll be in the black trenchcoat, say "the blue shoe is on the red foot" and i'll know it's you.

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
2nd account
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2002, 05:39:42 PM »
Guys guys guys..."way back when..."  Rooks and bish used to assign someone to watch me while I was online.  

lol, what a dipshit.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
2nd account
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2002, 05:47:25 PM »
Guys guys guys..."way back when..."  Rooks and bish used to assign someone to watch me while I was online.  Spies flourished like daisies in the spring rains.  every mission I put up was intercepted seemed like...we just added more fighter cover, or overcame it with fighter sweeps prior to main-body mission launches.  You have to plan on being intercepted. Nothing ever goes unnoticed in war.(well, almost nothing)

do you believe that Rip? lol
Just added more fighter cover is Knight for add another 30 kamakazi dweebs to the mission..

Offline guttboy

• Silver Member
2nd account
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2002, 06:18:37 PM »
OK OK OK.....

I AM SORRY FOR SPYING ON ALL OF YOU

I AM SORRY FOR PADDING MY SCORE

I will cancel my other 10 accounts and just fly as TG12....

I am so sorry....

I really loved taking up a panzer to a spawn point only to up m3's on my other account to record 75 kills in one run!

PLEASE forgive me everyone....Please........

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
2nd account
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2002, 06:39:33 PM »
and Flossy's other handle is....

:D