Author Topic: zone alram  (Read 708 times)

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
zone alram
« on: December 17, 2002, 06:31:21 PM »
Computer locks up when zone alarm pro is turned on. I have used this firewall for years in AH with no problems after 111.1 computer locks up.
Army of Das Muppets     
Member DFC Furballers INC. If you cant piss with big dogs go run with the pack

Offline bloodstain

• Copper Member
zone alram
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2002, 06:35:38 PM »
did you allow the new Aces High exe. access via your firewall. Just a thought! good luck:D

Offline JoppeX

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.kesalesket.net/llv32
Re: zone alram
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2002, 06:48:43 AM »
Originally posted by icemaw
Computer locks up when zone alarm pro is turned on. I have used this firewall for years in AH with no problems after 111.1 computer locks up.

I have same problem after 1.11.  :mad:

I did put off ZoneAlarm Pro and game goes on. If ZA pro is on
my pc freeze.

I took old .exe away from Zone Alarm and put manually new in to allowed programs (with all permissions) but still AH freese my computer...

Then I shut down Zone Alarm Pro (3.x) and put on XP's (yes, my operation system is XP Home (finnish)) own firewall... All goes fine on...

Well. What HiTech will do with this problem?

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
zone alram
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2002, 11:53:38 AM »
Same thing here joppex total freeze when zone alarm is on.
While playing last night without my firewall up someone got into my system when I logged off there was no less than 50 popup windows on my screen. No wonder game was running like crap.
Army of Das Muppets     

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
zone alram
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2002, 02:19:47 PM »
Hey I have found the same problem the first time you reinstall the AH app.  It seems Aces does not like the pop up that zone alarm throws when it sees an app trying to access the web for the first time.  Therefore Zonealarm has control but Aces has not released total control and a lock up occurred.

I have been able to work around this by shutting off ZA when I launch AH for the first time after a new install.  Once AH launches quit and return to ZA.  In the programs window you should see the new AH exe version with "?" for access.  Change these to full access then ZA will not pop up the window and all should be fine.  You may also need to remove the old AH Application reference in ZA first before starting AH the first time.

Hope this helps.

Mars01

3rdMAW
MAG 214 Blacksheep

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
zone alram
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2002, 02:55:23 PM »
Yup mars thats what I have been doing as a work around for the problem. However since 111.1 this does not work on my system. I go into ZA setup and show the new AH exe file it shows access allowed. I have removed all other AH exe in the ZA list. I even gave AH the access to pass tru the lock but no go. If I have ZA on system lock and because of the other problem I have with dropping to desk top. I cant log on with ZA off then drop to desktop and turn it on. When I drop to desktop and come back all I get is a white flashing windows screen. Game is still running but I cant see anything.
Army of Das Muppets     

Offline hyena426

• Silver Member
zone alram
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2002, 03:13:54 PM »
i did the backwords,,and it works just as good and better,,sence aces high much bigger file to reinstall,,i uninstalled zonealarm,,and reinstalled it,,and after i did that,,it worked just great,,on hosting and playing:)

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
zone alram
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2002, 03:15:13 PM »
Ahh damn sorry man, I have to go home and check to make sure I have the patch, after install last night.  If I dont then I guess I'm going to get the same problem.

dam.

Offline 2Slow

• Nickel Member
zone alram
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2002, 03:20:44 PM »
I have no problems with ZA.  Win98 OS.

However, on startup all I get, other than the options box, is a white screen.  Once I login, the game runs fine.
2Slow
Secundum mihi , urbanus resurrectio
TANSTAAFL

Offline VgasX

• Copper Member
Sygate
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2002, 07:02:25 PM »
I was having the same problems on the last patch I did. I went through this before in WWIIonline as well with ZA. So I dropped ZA and down loaded Sygate along with my XP I have no problems.

VegasX;)

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
zone alram
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2002, 07:56:40 PM »
Ok got it working for tho's of you having the problem delete all the old AH exe files in ZA add 111 if its does not show in ZA. After adding AH 111 to program list rt click on AH and click on changes often. This should clear it up.
Army of Das Muppets     

Offline NHMadmax

• Copper Member
      • http://www.mofsw.com
zone alram
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2002, 08:42:33 AM »
I set ZA maually to access AH and it works fine. did lock my system up before i did that

Offline firbal

• Nickel Member
zone alram
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2002, 11:26:59 AM »
I really get to hate when AH get un update because of ZA. It always seems to freeze my system. Which is doesn't. It seems that AH locks ZA out and even if you hit the Y key or comanation of keys, your still locked out. I always have to do a reboot and then I go into the ZA control panel to give AH permission. This is the only game that seems to give me fits.
Fireball
39th Fighter Squadron "Cobras in the Clouds"

Offline NHMadmax

• Copper Member
      • http://www.mofsw.com
zone alram
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2002, 11:34:57 AM »
Yes it does me to i kept forget to give permision for AH had to reboot 3 time

Offline 2Slow

• Nickel Member
zone alram
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2002, 10:42:23 PM »
ZA console, select programs console.  Check off the "Changes Frequently" selection.  You should not have the update issue again.

That is what I have and I have never had a problem with updates.
2Slow
Secundum mihi , urbanus resurrectio
TANSTAAFL