Author Topic: Poll: Are you a turn-fighter?  (Read 1126 times)

Offline udet

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.angelfire.com/nd/mihaipruna/dogfight.html
Poll: Are you a turn-fighter?
« on: December 18, 2002, 02:41:09 PM »
A B&Zer? Both? Neither? What's your combat style?

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2002, 02:44:31 PM »
I am a turn fighter....in reality I'm not very good at either, but I die less in turn fights.

With a BNZ, like the Pony, once I'm out of E, I'm out of choices. There's nothing worse than being on the deck in a Pony, and seeing an LA-7 on your 6 at D900 and closing. I mean, what can you do at that point? You can't run. You can't out turn him.

*shrugs*

Offline Puke

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://members.cox.net/barking.pig/puke.htm
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2002, 02:56:15 PM »
I can't turnfight worth beans.  I'm more of a "take advantage of your being in a bad position and in front of my guns" type of fighter.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2002, 02:57:32 PM »
I usually end up turn fighting...no matter what plane I fly.  So, I try to fly planes that will turn.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Duedel

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2002, 02:57:48 PM »
BnZ (have to admit TnB is more fun but not in MA)

Offline ra

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2002, 02:59:22 PM »
BnZ, preferably against a Spit on autopilot.  I suck at turnfights, and I don't think they can be modeled too well in a sim anyway.

ra

Offline fffreeze220

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2002, 03:10:18 PM »
Just B/Z. Turning is what for lamers and spit tards :)
Freeze

Offline narsus

• Silver Member
      • http://www.blueknightsdvb.com
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2002, 03:14:56 PM »
Turn fighter and energy fighter here.

Offline Xjazz

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2002, 03:26:50 PM »
B&Z with Spit (MA) and Brewst... FM2 (CT). Of couse relative E sitution and number of enemys have allways the last call for suitable tactics.

When enemy become "Well done" its time use some T&B.

At least I try to do so :D

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2002, 03:31:15 PM »
TnB here... P51 isnt a great Turner but it has some nice features.

Offline Zaphod

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2002, 03:40:38 PM »
I BNZ if there is a large number of nme's.  Relative numbers mean nothing since you tend to be so committed in a turnfight that you can easily be picked off even if your side is more numerous than the other.  I turnfight if its one v one almost every time, unless the fight would be so lopsided as to make it totally senseless to try.  Even so I will normally try a couple turns against a much better turner (even spits, zekes and niks) in a mustang just to see if I stand a chance of winning it .... if the fight is starting at sufficient altitude so that I can dive out and go to BNZing if it looks like I aint gonna get it done.  I think turnfighting is pretty cool in AH simply because pilot skill plays a huge part of how successful you are vs individual plane performance.  This allows mustangs to beat the occasional nik or spit in a turnfight and thats pretty rewarding...if your the mustang anyway lol.  The problem with turnfighting in AH is the huge number of folks in the MA tend to make it suicide...but I wouldnt have it any other way, heck they'll give a new plane if ya lose it so who cares :).

Zaphod

Offline MotorOil

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2002, 03:52:34 PM »
B&Z for the most part.  Unless I think I can get down into a turn fight, get the kill and get out again with minimal risk.  It's all based on situation; do I have a wingman, am I hopelessly out numbered/outclassed, that sort of thing.  I use the best tactic for the situation.

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2002, 03:56:08 PM »
There's no such thing as BnZ for 109s...

So I guessI fake BnZ to mow down the target's E status and then start TnB upto the point I can, and then run away if I make a mistake.

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2002, 04:30:22 PM »
I use to be mostly BnZ.  But as I've flown over the years, I've transitioned into a vertical E fighter mostly.

Turnfighting?? eeeeee uuuuuuuuuuu :p

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2002, 04:32:49 PM »
My "combat style" is based upon the goal of killing the other guy by whatever means is necessary. Frankly, I never even think about it as a "style". What I do prefer to do, is use the bounce to break down the enemies E, then kill 'em. It matters not what I fly, the methodology is the same.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.