Author Topic: WW2OL verision 1.73 is due Thursday  (Read 645 times)

Offline lord dolf vader

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
WW2OL verision 1.73 is due Thursday
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2002, 12:43:30 PM »
extereemly accurate apraisal

ohh well till i burn out on this one again im keeping ah current :)

there is talk of a xbox for chrismas

can ah be ported to x box? lol cant see a show stoper

and maby ww2 also hell the use almost same hardware right ?

Offline Moose1

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2002, 12:51:10 PM »
Originally posted by hardcase
I'm only a player with a history with some of the rats. Strategy First controls the rights in the US. They will not allow CRS to sell CD Keys to US accounts. CRS can sell the keys in overseas only. They have on one occasion had a free time for anyone, new players included. Whether they do it or can do it again is anyone's guess.
You can d/l1.72 and play offline. Like kissing your sister.

HC

Went out and bought the WWIIOL "Reader's Choice Edition"--for $20, what the hell.  Also went out and got a GeForce 4 Ti 4200 to try and get another year out of this old 933 MHz P3 of mine.

The game's installed no problem.  But now I'm downloading a 33 MB patch.

At 2.5k bytes a second.

ON A CABLE MODEM.

What the hell are they running their servers through over there, dual-channel ISDN?  The website is the slowest godawful thing I've ever seen and now I'm going to take 2-3 or more hours to get the update on cable?  Somebody take a Roto-Rooter to their bandwidth, will ya?  Jeez.

Did I flush $20 down the crapper?  We'll see.  In a few hours.

We love Skuzzy.  Skuzzy 0wnz0rz CRS.

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2002, 01:35:01 PM »
Originally posted by Moose1
Went out and bought the WWIIOL "Reader's Choice Edition"--for $20, what the hell.  Also went out and got a GeForce 4 Ti 4200 to try and get another year out of this old 933 MHz P3 of mine.

The game's installed no problem.  But now I'm downloading a 33 MB patch.

At 2.5k bytes a second.

ON A CABLE MODEM.

What the hell are they running their servers through over there, dual-channel ISDN?  The website is the slowest godawful thing I've ever seen and now I'm going to take 2-3 or more hours to get the update on cable?  Somebody take a Roto-Rooter to their bandwidth, will ya?  Jeez.

Did I flush $20 down the crapper?  We'll see.  In a few hours.

We love Skuzzy.  Skuzzy 0wnz0rz CRS.

Just to make you aware, it isn't CRSs' fault for the web site. It's Congentco or something like that down the line, mostly affecting RR customers. With you being in SC as I am, I bet your on RR same as me. The game itself runs fine as the "game" servers don't use that pipe down the line...or something like that.

Offline hardcase

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2002, 02:27:41 PM »
You would be better off d/l the 1.72 Full install from their D/L page and avoid the updater. Congentco is running 4000 ms ping times and has been for a week. Something about their interface with AOL and it backs up all the RR ppl. If you do install from the CD remember to go into c:/playnet/crs/ww2ol/data/CINE and rename or delete the CINE folder. Check your firewall privs for ww2. XP has one built in, virus checkers can run one also. If you have any problems post to the Community Forum and we will get you up and running.

Even with congentco giving me problems using the web, the gameplay hasn't been effected for me. My ping dots are as steady as ever. Maybe diff type of packets or diff route for the game.

HC
« Last Edit: December 21, 2002, 02:37:59 PM by hardcase »

Offline EvilDingo

• Copper Member
      • http://www.mp3.com/einsteinband
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2002, 06:27:02 PM »
Hardcase, I have a friend trying out WWIIOL but the frames are abysmal for him. He has a Pentium Coppermine 800 with Geforce Ti 4400. He gets about 19 fps with an aircraft on the ground, less in the air. I couldn't find anything in the WWIIOL forums that would boost his FPS since you can't search (wtf?).

Any tips?

Beeker

Offline hardcase

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2002, 06:50:39 PM »
Best FPS...

Settings..High Performance

Nvidia is optimized for 1024x768x332. He may have to run 800/600

NoLockToRefresh is checked.
Sound driver is his soundcard not the d3d driver
Voices no higher than 16
All LOD boxes checked, No Shadows, bullets to 16
Only box checked in textures is texture reduction
Have him get the lastest mobo drivers..4n1 if appropriate. This for starters. He can do a google for Coolbits, this will let him Overclock his card if he wants. He is a Vidcard constrained...More card than he has CPU, so OC woudl be a waste. It does let him control vsycing. Get the lastes Det drivers. Bring his machine up to date. Windowsupdates too.

HC