Author Topic: CT setup utterly unbalanced now  (Read 571 times)

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
CT setup utterly unbalanced now
« on: December 20, 2002, 06:36:31 PM »
With the unlimited use of Me 163, the CT is swarming with them. I encountered 25 German aircraft. One Ta 152, one Me 110, a Ju 88 and 22 Me 163s!!!!

Think about this: 279 163s were built. Only 82 ever flew a combat sortie. I'll wager that more than 200 Me 163 sorties have been flown by 7 PM eastern time today.

Unless I see some balance restored, I'll avoid the CT for now. Just when it shows promise, you guys hump it up beyond belief. Like the MA, you need to restrict the 163 to the HQ or it that's all that will be flown. Moreover, a few piddling perk points will not limit excessive use. Hell, I can afford to lose a 100 of them!

My regards,

Widewing
« Last Edit: December 20, 2002, 06:41:32 PM by Widewing »
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2002, 07:21:06 PM »
ah ya party pooper Windwing, where's your spirt.. You could say the same thing about the Chog..

Lighten up some guys take this game waaay too seriously.

New plane we wanna fly it.

Offline Löwe

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/duxfordeagles
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2002, 07:27:06 PM »
No Bears Widewing is right nuttin but rocket jockies. The 163 needs to be limited. If it's going to be all over the map it needs the hell perked out of it. Evidently theres a  lot of guys that can't fly the 190D, TA-152, or 109G10. Yes you can say the same about the CHOG.

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2002, 07:32:52 PM »
10Bears-
It doesn't matter if you take this game too seriously or just have fun.  When you fly sorties agianst the Axis who field 80% Me-163's in the air, it just isn't the same.  Whether someone cries about such and such being unrealistic or not historic, the bottom line is if it isn't fun, it isn't fun.  It may be fun for the Comet jocks, and thats fine, and it is actually quite funny to see them swarm on a flight of 51's and watch the carnage, kind of like watching the WWF; its fake, its entertaining, and no one really gets hurt.  But the bottom line is it gets really old quickly.  Now if they want to give the Allies some Meteors or some P-80's, THEN we will have some fun!!!!   :D
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2002, 07:38:17 PM »
Flush the perks.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline Xjazz

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2002, 08:37:51 PM »
S!

I just come from CT(Axis). Yes, you can see many 163s there. I try it first time and wow! Its prety easy gain kills with this gadget.
I even could landed my kills first time during the evening.. with 163. With 190A5 it was different midle of Tempest, Spit14  & P51D.

I agree that 163 could cost a bit, something like 5 perks.

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2002, 01:12:34 AM »
Originally posted by Löwe
No Bears Widewing is right nuttin but rocket jockies. The 163 needs to be limited. If it's going to be all over the map it needs the hell perked out of it. Evidently theres a  lot of guys that can't fly the 190D, TA-152, or 109G10. Yes you can say the same about the CHOG.

You can add limiting the 262 as well... Every damned LW base in CT has it..!  Now that's just as historical as all git out ain't it?  Oops.... I forgot their isn't an accurate "historical" arena/event anywhere in AH.  That's that 'other' game I must be thinking about.

and since I'm 'whining'.... either get rid of the UNSUPPORTED Japanese plane set, or ADD LATER WAR YEAR PLANES FOR THEM...!
:rolleyes:
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2002, 07:56:25 AM »
Hmm...
The Allies don't seem to mind so much when their planes are 50 mph + faster then the Axis ones.

:)

eskimo

Offline Löwe

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/duxfordeagles
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2002, 08:57:56 AM »
Originally posted by eskimo2
Hmm...
The Allies don't seem to mind so much when their planes are 50 mph + faster then the Axis ones.

:)

eskimo

If the Allies had a 50 mph speed advantage, you'd be flying Allied Eskimo. Who you trying to kid?:rolleyes:

It's been a long long time, since all the LW planes have been enabled. The last late war ETO we had, the LW had the G10, and A8 against P-51's and Tempest, and even Spit XIVs. That was a tough row to hoe for the LW guys. I remember because I flew Luftwaffe that week. The additon of the 109D, TA-152, 262, AR234, and even the 163 would be fantastic, except theres too many people that just are not going to touch the prop planes, because it's too easy to just go out  blast through everything in the air in a jet. Why have to work for it, if santas going to give you an advantage like that. Plus it attracts other uberturd types that just love the fact they have an advantage that makes them almost un-touchable.

Only children enjoy a situation where there is little or no competition. Those children are the ones wanting unlimited jets for one side.
Go figure.:rolleyes:

Enable all  the jets, and rockets at all the bases for the LW. You won't be seeing many of the good LW pilots this week, you'll just see uberturds, and after a few days you won't see any Allied ethier.

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2002, 10:08:14 AM »
Lowe,
The vast majority of the time, I fly for the side with the lesser numbers.  Most of the time that's the Axis.  Axis usualy have the slower planes.

eskimo