Author Topic: Iraq - US drone Shot Down  (Read 1010 times)

Offline Monk

• Silver Member
Iraq - US drone Shot Down
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2002, 06:19:38 AM »
Originally posted by fffreeze220
US puts themself in the role. And now is facing the problems it can cost to be onvolved alot crisis on the world.

Can't really say that Freeze,
If we do, the world squeakes, if we don't the world squeakes.

Offline fffreeze220

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2002, 06:32:45 AM »
Let em squeak. Better idots squeaking about u then having a new war. And the squeaking will stop sooner then the war is over.
Bush is just resuming what his father couldnt complete.
I dont believe at all this war will be about terrorrism.
U must be a fool if some 1 velieve it.
This was is about Oil and about a personal thing between bush and hussein. Nothing more.
Freeze

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2002, 06:51:30 AM »
Originally posted by StSanta
Not saying it's wrong - I believe it's a bloody good thing they do. Just saying there ain't really a UN resolution that directly supports it.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. That's exactly what I'm saying as well. There doesnt seem to be a clear, unambiguous UN Security Council resolution authorizing the Northern and Southern fly zones.

OTOH, you don't see the Security Council making a big beef about this to the US/UK do you?

It's exactly as the UN politicians want it. Deniability. IMO, they don't mind the US/UK doing this at all... but if it blows up into a big mess they want to be able to pretend they had nothing to do with it and the US/UK were acting all on their own.

As I said before:  Simple solution: The ENTIRE Security Council meets RIGHT NOW and resolves the "no fly zone" issue. It's either approved or disapproved. Vote on record, Right Now.

But they won't  do it because they're POLITICANS.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2002, 08:29:11 AM by Toad »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2002, 07:09:57 AM »
Originally posted by Boroda
- I am 100% sure you'll not admit Russian and Chinese reperesentatives there, like it was in 1950.

Thanks, B. I needed a good laugh today!

If you're talking about the Korean War UN resolution to deploy forces, IIRC the Russian Ambassador to the UN was boycotting the UN and was absent from the Security Council in protest against the UN's failure to admit the People's Republic of China.
The Security Council voted with him absent and thus he could not exercise his veto power.

A lesson in the "rules of order" for the Security Council that your country never overlooked again, eh?

Of course, the fractured fairytales that you use for history must surely have another version.  :D
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline whgates3

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2002, 07:52:25 AM »
who do i talk to about flying my r/c jug over iraq?

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2002, 09:03:54 AM »
Originally posted by Thrawn
Iron, although evidence might seem to be to the contrary.  I am a huge fan on the Consitution of the US.  But I do not believe that our love for our respective countries should make us blind to it's faults.  In fact, because we are great patriots, we should be the first to point out it's illnesses.

Although I think that Canada is a great nation, it does not mean that I don't see where we are failing our allies in our mutual defence pact.  Once again,  my patriotism and love for my country and what it was, and what it can be, makes me more aware of our short comings.

I respect that Thrawn. Like many I often find myself questioning what my government does. I usually remind myself that the view is often different when the weight of responsibility is on your shoulders.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.