Author Topic: Tour 10 Stat trivia  (Read 2137 times)

Glunz

Tour 10 Stat trivia
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2000, 07:54:00 AM »
You still don't get it, Torque.

ACM is just one small fraction. And risky too. Air combat is far more than ACM.

293 deaths !? And you think you fly the way they flew in real life ? Get real ! You play this game like you would play Quake.

Some of people here actually enjoy the role of a WW2 pilot, concerned about his own little life when in that cockpit. Respect that.

No, Torque, I will NOT tangle with 2 C-Hogs, P51 and P 38. Low c.205 on my side is not what I look for there.

To fight you, I look for my terms, my time, my ground. And whole squad, with superior altitude, with 4 Mausers each and your SA overloaded. Too bad if that doesn't fit into your perception of what an open WW2 arena should be.

P.S.
I shot ya when you weren't watching. 1:0  

[This message has been edited by Glunz (edited 12-07-2000).]

eskimo

Tour 10 Stat trivia
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2000, 07:58:00 AM »
The Tiffy has become a popular ride for my squad, The Buccaneers (Tour 10);

Whitey squad has 496 kills and has been killed 216 times in the Typhoon
  IB.

eskimo

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
Tour 10 Stat trivia
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2000, 08:18:00 AM »
ACM is just one small fraction. And risky too.

Sure it is a small fraction when you only engage with a huge adv and run when adv is quickly lost no skill needed there.

Air combat is far more than ACM.

Yes you are right it's more than just bailing on your wingman after he tries to clears your six, only to let him die alone.

I shot ya when you weren't watching. 1:0

Hmmm I guess that's why I reversed you so quickly and closed to within D7 which in turn made you to run with an alt adv lol sad.

No, Torque, I will NOT tangle with 2 C-Hogs, P51 and P 38. Low c.205 on my side is not what I look for there

Well that's odd all I saw was you and your wingy 205 3-5k above me, no other AC were visible of course I was trying to sucker you down which you fell for, made an easy reverse on you   . Then later on some 51s came by, but by that time you had ran away.  

293 deaths !? And you think you fly the way they flew in real life ? Get real ! You play this game like you would play Quake

Nah I do silly things like defending bases that are being attacked or drop ord on bases for capture check my ord stats I saw your LOL. Other silly things I do is to dive into big enemy #'s to help a teammate. I know all these things are unfamiliar to you.

BTW Histro say your wingman bails and then makes it back to base he walks up to you and asks "why did you not turn to help me out  after I cleared your six,why did you run away?" your response would be?

[This message has been edited by Torque (edited 12-07-2000).]

Ice

Tour 10 Stat trivia
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2000, 10:30:00 AM »
<ice pulls up a chair...opens up a cold coke...fires up a winston and waits>

Glunz

Tour 10 Stat trivia
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2000, 11:20:00 AM »
Sorry, Torque, but you won't sucker me further into this.

For the record, here's how I saw it:

---------
205 was defending the field. From about same alt as you all were.

I was CAPing route to that same field and BnZing your flight. From alt advantage. I kept enough E to always have my way out. Yes, to run away. No ACM, not slowing down.
Sorry if this bothers you, I actually like it even more now      .

At the moment you got behind me I was safe. Speed, you know.

205 didn't want to play safe. He chose to fight you all. His mistake. I did not take your bait. Soon 205 became gangbanged.

Calling a vulchee my wingman is a bit too much.

Still, the real reason why it seemed to you that I was running away was P 51 (Jekyll) on my 6. Without it you can be sure I would have BnZed you much longer. But very safe, of course. When in doubt, run. Simple as that, I learned it from P 51s.

Maybe you missed Jekyll's P 51 following me in the dive. I went away from other enemies (2 C-Hogs and P 38). At least I can take on P 51 in 190 1 on 1. Sorry that I did not stay to pad your vulch score.

Even better, friendly P 51 cleared me, I turned and shot enemy P 51 down. Fair ? Of course not, but who forced him to follow me so fixated ? Then back home, shoot a P 47 and rtb.

Still, no matter what, our approach differs. Don't consider yourself brave or anything, you just play this game like it is a game.

Instead, have respect for people that fly historically.

Sorry, Torque, but your doing of silly things won't make me do them myself. Diferent approach.

And it is even harder to stay alive in this arena, where there is no fear of death. Just remember all those target fixated Spits that follow you into ack etc.

What would I say to 205 pilot that got shot down there ?

He fought 3 enemies. What did he expect ?

With P 51 on my six I have other things to worry than padding some vulcher's score.

He fought losing fight. Please do not expect me to die with him.

But please, Torque, what is all that crap of downed pilot coming to me ? I did the same thing I would do in real life (disregarding  P51 on my six). That is, to save my own skin. Maybe you watched too many movies, maybe you even participated in a street fight. But but tell me how many times someone fired real bullets at you ? I think I know know the answer. And I know what I went through. People act very dissappointing in those situations, believe me. You'd better adapt there.

Now back to the game.

Torque, either you fail to understand the nature of open arena combat, or you refuse it. WW2 air combat is dirty backstabbing fight. I understand now why good P 51 jocks refuse to duel 1 on 1. It is simply not the way to fight.

9./JG 54 knows how to fight. This is why they have such a record in otherwise mediocre plane.

OTOH, your record in super plane is average. K/D of 3.8 ? Impressive in other planes, but only average for C-Hog      . You are good at ACM, but you seem to miss other elements of air combat. Learn them.

P.S.
It is still 1:0. And A-8 vs C-Hog, imagine      

Looking forward to shoot you down more, online macho      . You are not as dangerous as you think you are. Because you believe in ACM, which is only the first step of air combat. The moment you realize that is the moment when you will become really dangerous.

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
Tour 10 Stat trivia
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2000, 12:03:00 PM »
Hmmm I was @ a 4-5k alt disadvantage yet manage to kill your wingman and forced you to run like a gurl. Boy I was silly there.                                                                        

205 didn't want to play safe. He chose to fight you all. His mistake. I did not take your bait. Soon 205 became gangbanged.

Hmm  I guess if he played it safe like you and didn't try to clear your six you would of been killed, lucky you. Gangbanged? he was quickly reversed then he ran to acks but died anyhow.

Instead, have respect for people that fly historically.

Yes I could just imagine the looks on the faces of the ground crews when one returns to tell how he ran and left his wingman to die, geeze you'd have alot of friends.

Torque, either you fail to understand the nature of open arena combat, or you refuse it. WW2 air combat is dirty backstabbing fight.

Leaving your wingman after he clears your six is that the backstabbing you're refering to? <curious>

Anyhow anytime you want to go H2H in identical ACs just give me a call.  

AKSeaWulfe

Tour 10 Stat trivia
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2000, 01:01:00 PM »
Git that gurly mon Torque!! He's got gurly limp wristed arms from flying like a gurly chicken.
Do you agree Franz?
-SW

Offline Zigrat

• Nickel Member
Tour 10 Stat trivia
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2000, 01:07:00 PM »
this is not ww2 air combat

ww2 air combat is SCERAIOS

the main arena is QUAKE

cant blame someone too much for flying a quake plane in a quake arena  or for flying that way, in fact.

Torque is a damned good pilot even if he does fly a quake plane   And he has beaten me several times when he started the fight at a *disadvantage*

thats my definition of a good pilot. Its when i dive on a low con,, thinking I hold all the cards, then he smacks me down like a ho.

Any pilot in the top 100 can fly to live, only the top 2% reverse on you.

all IMO.

Glunz

Tour 10 Stat trivia
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2000, 01:41:00 PM »
I have done it all, from HTH ladder, to reversing the odds or safe bet.

Guess what ? I like safe play the most.

Again, a matter of approach.

Good pilot is not the one who looks to fight at disadvantage only to reverse the odds. Who in their right mind would do that in RL ?Really good pilot is the one you never even see at disadvantage. The one that thinks ahead of ACM.

Ultimate in air combat are numbers at right place and time, not ACM, not energy, not guns, not speed, not even teamwork.

ACM, duel flying and stunts rank lowest on my list. They only get you killed after awhile.

The arena is only how you fly it. It is Quake if you fly like Quake. It is survival if you fly to survive. And don't give me that online macho crap, Torque. In RL you would have ran away or be dead long ago. Would you have enough courage to even climb in that plane, let alone dive into bunch of enemy fighters ? But since this is a game, go play Quake.

293 deaths ? No matter how good his ACM is (of which I don't disagree), that is 293 too many.

What is one failed BnZ pass and your reversal ? Torque, you are not thinking ahead, hothead      . And good, because then I will fear you.

Torque, don't accuse me of doing something you did there yourself. Right there at taht same time and place. With Citabria, GTR and Jekyll, all your squaddies.

The thing you failed to see was your stab in Jekyll's back. He dove after me once I made a pass on you.

What did you do to save Jekyll, your fellow squaddie from 357th Pony Express (F4U express to some   ) ?

Jekyll followed me in his P 51 only to die a minute later.

What did you do to save him, Torque ?

You seem to lost a squaddie only due to your greed. There were at least 4 of you, and yet nobody covered Jekyll ?

Or were you too busy with gangbanging that 205 ?

Glunz

Tour 10 Stat trivia
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2000, 02:48:00 PM »
A little chronology for you, Torque:

I cruise at 20k, spotting 15k P38 (Citabria) and dive in it. He does a nose low turn and I don’t follow. Too many other high enemies inbound.

Now I see slightly higher P 51 (Jekyll) and 2 lower F4Us.

Being fast, I turn into P 51 to cross paths and extend to see what happens. P 51 loops. No good, careful pilot.

Still faster, I make pass on F4U (Torque), who fakes a split S and zooms behind me.

At that moment I had absolutely no intentions to stay there, too risky.

In my six view I see Torque’s tracers from distance of about 800 yards. No danger, I am way too fast and dive away. Distance increases, but I am worried about F4U dive ability.

Torque follows my dive, while Jekyll waits for few seconds.

I lose sight of other F4U (GTR) and P 38 (Citabria).

205 comes to clear me, Torque breaks, but now Jekyll dives after me.

I draw my fight away from CAPed field, further to the North. Only Jekyll follows. He is alone, poor teamwok for 357th.

Higher friendly P 51 clears me, I turn and shoot Jekyll (inverted) at tree top level . At that moment there is no other enemy near, rest of 357th is gangbangind the 205

I taunt Jekyll of switching from 190 to P 51.

At saame time Torque fills the channel 1 text buffer about cowardly 190 (“…nothing ever changes…”).

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
Tour 10 Stat trivia
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2000, 04:31:00 PM »
LOL whatta gurlyman putz no guts all talk.  
YAWN Do you wear a Tu-Tu?

Ziggy...Ziggy...Ziggy ditto to you, btw when are you coming back I look forward to fighting some one who can fly LW Iron well and doesn't run like a gurlyman.

How to kill a gurlyman http://members.home.net/torqs/films/Histro.zip

eskimo

Tour 10 Stat trivia
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2000, 04:47:00 PM »
Hmmmm;
I'm just here to exercise my stupidity...
What's with all the seriousness?
eskimo

Glunz

Tour 10 Stat trivia
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2000, 05:25:00 PM »
Torque, you lost a squaddie there, not me.

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
Tour 10 Stat trivia
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2000, 02:50:00 AM »
Heh, just for the record; 9./JG 54 members have 9./JG 54 wingmen *unless specifically defined otherwise*. We'll help out friendles but due to the difference in philosophies between our squad and most who consider the MA Qauke-arena the majority of us have decided not to consider fellow knights wingies.

I happilly die trying to save a wingie. On the other hand, I will not die trying to save someone who has only one interest; go into a fight and kill as much as possible before dying thus saving time not having to rtb.

Glunz is a more careful pilot than me. And a lot better. Torque is a more aggressive pilot than me. Probably better too, in terms of ACM. I compensate by having good wingies.

Kirin is in between me and Glunz in terms of aggresiveness and maik is more aggressive than kirin. Ede and mose are totally suicidal and suffering from testosterone poisoning  .

Glunz is right; how you see MA is utterly dependant on  how you fly in it. If you go  for kills as much then die approach, it's quake. If you go for "fly to live" in a squad surrounding, it's something approaching historical.

The 13th TAS is another squad that appears to have the same philosophy as 9./JG 54. As a result, whenever I meet a squad of P-51's, I know I have to be *very* careful  . Fight to live fights are more nerve wrecking, take longer and involve a lot more "chess playing" than the target-fixated-I-am-gonna-get-this-guy-even-tho-his-buddies-are-firing-at-me ones.

All in MHO.

------------------
StSanta
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"
while(!bishRookQueue.isEmpty() && loggedOn()){
30mmDeathDIEDIEDIE(bishRookQueue.removeFront());
System.out.println("LW pilots are superior");
myPlane.performVictoryRoll();
}