Author Topic: Cure For Head On's  (Read 1417 times)

Offline texace

• Silver Member
      • http://www.usmc.mil
Cure For Head On's
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2002, 12:29:06 AM »
Hear hear, Dago!

;):D

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
Cure For Head On's
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2002, 12:38:36 AM »
The only real problem with HO's has nothing to do with the HO.  It's the no penalty for flying like a retard and getting killed because of it thats the problem.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
Cure For Head On's
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2002, 12:49:30 AM »
  WT.. there is more than one kind of lead turn.  

I don't have a problem with HO's to be honest.  They are the last resort of a desperate pilot.  Some pilots just get desperate faster.

Offline rc51

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Cure For Head On's
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2002, 12:51:18 AM »
Im simply saying that some people use Ho's as a tactic!
I think that to be silly.
Look if we are going to call it a sim then treat it like a sim and make it as real as possible.
I cant remember hearing of the germans or the allies using HO's as a fighting tactic.
As far as it being HTs Game ! Fair enough it is but he would not have HIS game if it was not for the loyalty of his CUSTOMERS AND THERE 14.95 PER MONTH!!!!.
There are a select few that use Ho's As a tactic because they 1) cant shoot 2) cant fly3) simply think its funny.
All I am doing is voicing an opnion thats all I doubt that Ht could give a rats bellybutton about my opnions as long as the 14.95 a mo keeps rolling in LOL.
So to those of you who seem to have very thin skin when someone voices an opinion on AH crawl back into that very long line that leads to the left or right butt cheek of HT and continue smootching his arse!
Geez You people are so silly sometimes you really do crack me up.

Offline rc51

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Cure For Head On's
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2002, 12:59:24 AM »
Oh yeah the auto acks LOL geez H christ thats the dumbest thing in the game LOL.
Did they have that in ww2?
I think not LOL.
Been playing alot of IL2 and you know someting AH is nothing compared to the realisim in that sim!
Yes it has auto ack but you can turn the silly crap off too.
The only thing AH has over IL2 is the MA.
And half the time you get discoed anyway LOL.
Dont get me wrong Im not shootin down AH Its a great game.
I do enjoy it and Ht,s staff (skuzzy) are very helpfull online and offline.
And i can allready predict what you little minds are thinking!
( well if you dont like it leave )
And be truthfull w/ your selves if you thought that then you either did not or cant read the above.LOL
Git a grip people wqe ARE the customers and the old saying still goes THE CUSTOMER IS ALLWAYS RIGHT!

Offline davidpt40

• Silver Member
Cure For Head On's
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2002, 01:07:03 AM »
Head ons do take some skill to survive and win.  My secret?  Open fire at 1.5k, fire like crazy until 700 yards and break away.

Offline Kaz

• Silver Member
Cure For Head On's
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2002, 01:11:19 AM »
hehehe

Offline GPreddy

• Copper Member
Cure For Head On's
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2002, 02:44:53 AM »
This thread takes the all time award for something I cant pronounce! :)

rc51 I have a great film of four ho passes on four separate bf110s from my F4u1c. I fire at 1.1k and pull off at 800. The guys in the 110s thought their 30mm would waste that F4u but nope. Its a tactic alright. Its a tactic that some guys are good at and others show up as dweebs. I can tell you I never even took a hit after five passes. Im not saying every ho dweeb out there would miss me but I know of four that did. Hell yes Ill ho anything unless I know I have him beat anyway. Get me outnumbered and Ill ho the first chance I get. What the hell its better to die with a kill then die without one.

I know what you could be complaining about though. You come down hot from an altitude advantage and some hotshot turn and burn airplane will ho and kill you when you cant turn fast enough to avoid the ho. Well you start it and he will finish it. Even if thats not what happened that about says it all. It takes two to go ho. One guy starts it and the other guy either helps out or doesnt. End of story.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2002, 02:47:08 AM by GPreddy »

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
Cure For Head On's
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2002, 02:53:49 AM »
Originally posted by rc51
...I cant remember hearing of the germans or the allies using HO's as a fighting tactic...

Then you simply have not read enough.  It was a standard tactic used by the LW and Navy/Marines in the Pacific.

Offline rc51

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Cure For Head On's
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2002, 03:11:40 AM »
well is ramming and head ons the same thing?
I am really talking about people who kakakazi inti you head on!
A good old game of chicken is cool LOL.
I can not believe that the us navy would say yes by all means take your plane and run head on into the enemy and die in the process maybe the japs but not the us navy LOL.
Head on as in playing chicken yes .
But kamakazi death rams LOL no.

Offline rc51

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Cure For Head On's
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2002, 03:13:23 AM »
Then you simply have not read enough. It was a standard tactic used by the LW and Navy/Marines in the Pacific.

LOL did not know the LW was in the pacific LOL.
man them Germans got around huh.

Sounds to me dude like you need to crack the books LOL.

LOL just yankin your chain.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Cure For Head On's
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2002, 03:56:32 AM »
Have the FDBs tried to recruit you yet?

Offline davidpt40

• Silver Member
Cure For Head On's
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2002, 04:00:40 AM »
I can understand your frustraion with head-ons.  In fact, I even feel they are 'low-class'.  But everyone used head on attacks.  Chuck Yeager was shot down in a head-on with a FW-190, and it was standard practice of the Luftwaffe to do head ons with bombers in an attempt to kill the pilot, co-pilot, navigator and bombedier (all positioned in the nose of the plane).

Offline rod367th

• Silver Member
Cure For Head On's
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2002, 05:03:24 AM »
RC51 I will do the research and post names of allied and axies pilots that like to go HO. I remember a story My father told me of a pilot. That had his mech. Screw with rudder so his plane crabbed.  This would make it so he could HO... Also saw a Japanese pilot talk on History channel how americans would HO Thier zero's alot. But most of those would try to take off wing. Not like here where they shoot st8 at front of plane.

And i'm sure there were alot of HO in Furballs like the turkey shoot.

But like everyone else is saying It is easy to miss a HO shot. I've seen guys HO my 110, when they were 5 on 1. Believe me thats exactly how i wanted them to try for me:)

Offline bigUC

• Nickel Member
Cure For Head On's
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2002, 05:14:42 AM »
Originally posted by rod367th
RC51 I will do the research and post names of allied and axies pilots that like to go HO.  

Here's a name for you....
Kurt is winking at U!