Author Topic: is it a good idea ???????  (Read 1224 times)

Offline Vipermann

• Nickel Member
is it a good idea ???????
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2003, 02:01:58 PM »
Just a thought about the perpetual mission problem.

Would it be possible for a mission to have a specified target, a field or other strat target. Offensive missions could be scored on how much of the target was destroyed or if the base was captured.

CAP missions would be setup in certain sectors, perhaps a 4 sector area. Planes in the CAP mission could earn perks for killing planes in that area just as now, and there would be a small bonus if the strat in their area was undamaged for the duration of their mission. A multiplier could be used for strat damage so that a little damage might lower the % and heavy damage lower it further or even eliminate it.

This might give an incentive to pilots to set up defensive missions and try to interdict incoming planes. Also I would suggest that only pilots that land from the mission be given the mission perk multiplier.
Get Busy Living Or Get Busy Dieing

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2003, 02:05:39 PM »
Backpeddle? I am 100% right. Theres nothing back peddle on. Theres no whine in the truth.

Your idea is terible. Furious has the right idea. The same type of idea I made in my 1st post.

Read this thread again there lepaul and you will see a number folks agreeing with me about how the mission planner is used now.

As I said if you have trouble with your "ideas" being criticized then dont offer terrible ideas.

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2003, 02:09:36 PM »
Originally posted by Wotan
Backpeddle? I am 100% right. Theres nothing back peddle on. Theres no whine in the truth.

Your idea is terible. Furious has the right idea. The same type of idea I made in my 1st post.

Read this thread again there lepaul and you will see a number folks agreeing with me about how the mission planner is used now.

As I said if you have trouble with your "ideas" being criticized then dont offer terrible ideas.

But Wotan, you are pretty much the only one whincing and whining (again) that my idea(s) are so terrible.

Offline JB42

• Nickel Member
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2003, 02:26:18 PM »
I think a simple perk multipier would work. A 1.5 or 2x multiplier for what ever plane you use. I also think that this will encourage something not often seen in the MA, patrols and CAPs. I manage to get 5 to 8 guys signed up for these missions now. Can't imagine how many would sign up if it involved a perk multiplier.
" The only thing upping from the CV are lifejackets." - JB15

" Does this Pony make my butt look fat?" - JB11

" I'd rather shoot down 1 Spit in a 109 than 10 109s in a Spit." - JB42

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2003, 12:29:58 PM »
Originally posted by LePaul
But Wotan, you are pretty much the only one whincing and whining (again) that my idea(s) are so terrible.

Its more than just Wotan, though he was the most vocal.

There doesn't need to be an increased effort towards offensive missions.  It would simply increase the disparity between attackers and defenders.

AKDejaVu