Author Topic: What's this little glitch?  (Read 279 times)

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
What's this little glitch?
« on: January 05, 2003, 01:08:55 AM »
Took a Spit I up tonight for my last run.  Ended up on the tail of a Zeke.  I nailed that Zeke with nearly every round I had.... no damage.  So we ended up in one of the best fights I've had in awhile.  Traded 6 position a couple times but for the most part I kept on him... every time I tried to exit he'd give chase (I was thinking he must be nearly out of ammo.. or out completely like I was and enjoying the fight).  Then a hurricane joined in and was doing his best to kill me off... never hit me, not once.  This little fight "felt" like it lasted about 10 minutes... my guess is a little over 5 minutes was the actual time.  Finally... I got tired of it and decided to auger for a new ride.  The moment I crashed... I got the message that I'd killed "NugNug" (apparently the Zeke driver) and was immediately transported to the center of the center isle in ndiles... and stuck there.  No tower, nada... as though I had bailed or something, however I couldn't get anywhere and every time I hit the "tower" or "hangar" buttons I got the message "you must not be moving to exit".

Quite wierd.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2003, 01:27:56 AM »
The "middle of map and cannot move" thing is a symptom of horrible lag; I get this whenever I am suffering from terribly lag.

J_A_B

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2003, 02:56:18 AM »
I got it as well in my first fighter mission of the night I had just landed and hit tower and was transported to limbo...so I waited and waited and finally alt+f4'd out of the game..

lost my kills altho it recorded my flight.

There was alot of wierd warping things and super long text lags going on after the arena stopped showing up as "closed" and I got back in.
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2003, 12:07:27 PM »
I was wondering what was up, my Net Status showed nice and flat...but I put bombs on fuel tanks, no damage....straffed acks, no damage.  Yet a N1K managed to punch a few holes in my and when I hit the silk, the acks weren't hitting me.  It was like some sort of weird twilight zone

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2003, 06:17:27 PM »
Ever notice all the all sheep lookin' at you all weird like when this happens....when ever that happens to me I just grab the cutest one and turn her around and I....

oops

Yeah, it puts you in the twilight zone...there's absolutly nothin' to do but just wait 'till you're done...er, wait till the net settles down.