Author Topic: The up side  (Read 238 times)

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
The up side
« on: September 09, 2000, 01:56:00 PM »
 The ver. changes have had me thinking about my year and a half in the ACA. In truth I had most of my fun there. I got to thinking about why this was. The pilots on agw made it clear that those of us there were not REAL simmers. I think this is why it worked for me. WB main sucked pond water. Often as not I didnt even use my free 15 hours a month. The problem there was eveybody took themselves WAY to sieriously. In the ACA we knew we were ezmode dweebs. And being a top pilot didnt mean squat. With the pressure being off us, we just had a good time. The old hands did what they could to help the newbies. And the newbies didnt mind getting wacked , as much, as a result.

IMO AH has landed somewhere inbetween the ACA and the main in WB. So there is no way to be the best of the best in this sim now. If we just accept this, AH could become the most FUN  sim on the net. And realism be damed. The pressure is off now, so lets just start wacking one another .

Offline Revvin

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ch-hangar.com
The up side
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2000, 02:02:00 PM »
Nice attempt at a troll, the bait smells a bit off though

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
      • My Blastoff start page :P
The up side
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2000, 02:11:00 PM »
Right fun first , now get the fields closer together or whatever that you don't have to fly what seems like "forever" to me to get to even the closest fields .

If the game is going to fly like FA might as well have the fields close too   . At least make another arena for FFA  

------------------
air_rules = Play fair ....Don't worry about points......Keep a sense of humor......Drink Jim Beam......and don't let the fediddlein cat walk on the keyboard.......!!!http://www.airsquadron.com" TARGET=_blank>

[This message has been edited by airspro (edited 09-09-2000).]
My current Ace's High handle is spro

funked

The up side
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2000, 03:04:00 PM »
Easymo, I would be interested in your opinions on the FM if you had even the faintest clue about aerodynamics, physics, computer modeling, or aviation history.  But I have seen no evidence of any of the above.   You wouldn't know realism if it bit you in the ass.

[This message has been edited by funked (edited 09-09-2000).]

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
The up side
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2000, 03:17:00 PM »
Action is faster. more intense.  ACM knowledge can be applied close in with results.  Stalls still there and with a vengence.  Dont need CT.  SA more a requirement now then ever!

All in all better by a wide margin methinks.

Still figuring things out though.........

Yeager  

[This message has been edited by Yeager (edited 09-09-2000).]
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
The up side
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2000, 07:50:00 PM »
 So much for the up side. I forgot funked was still around.

funked

The up side
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2000, 08:05:00 PM »
I can't say you don't have a sense of humor.  

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
The up side
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2000, 09:27:00 PM »
 I havent tried the 1c in awile. First sorti...15 kills. Hows that for realsim? Torque,s gonna kick butt with this.

carl

The up side
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2000, 09:40:00 PM »
Any dummy can get 20kills by vulching ,the only hard part of that is finding the right idiot to keep upping, gets boring after the first 3 or so personally.  This new FM just increases the speed of the game ,, which is fine with me  ,  maybe no longer can someone almost "flat spin" their ac around in a 150mph immel. with just their rudder , or drop 300 mph in 1.7 seconds with the rudder and get the overshoot.  I say  ..faster is funner (or more fun even   ) yeeehawwww

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
The up side
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2000, 09:42:00 PM »
 What if the dummy pissed everybody off, and was fighting 5 guys by himself.