Author Topic: Some way to limit Nikis in MA?  (Read 1085 times)

Offline Revvin

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ch-hangar.com
Some way to limit Nikis in MA?
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2002, 11:50:00 AM »
They are proof of Roswell...I want to believe

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2002, 11:53:00 AM »
I just don't know how we could all be flying in the same arena. The plane that killed me the most in the last tour was the F6F...

Offline Mr Hanky

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2002, 12:35:00 PM »
F6F's for me too Kieran (kills of that is).  F4u-1D and Spit9 tied for second... with the P-38 and P-51D not far behind them.

The N1K2 was a distant 11th.

Its like there are giant concentrations of N1K2s that aren't that difficult to avoid.  I haven't gone out of my way to avoid them, yet I hardly see them.

I wonder why it is that some people could see so many of them while others could see so few?

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2002, 12:52:00 PM »
If you're going to discuss it.. you might as well use current numbers:

Tour 24 stats as of 1pm Central

AKDejaVu

Offline Durr

• Copper Member
      • http://us.geocities.com/ghostrider305
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2002, 01:01:00 PM »
It doesnt make sense to me either, I hardly ever see Nikis anymore.  They used to be everywhere back when they had the special dispensation that caused the laws of physics not to apply to them, but nowadays I almost never see them.  I dont know what yall are talking about.  My unscientific observation is that the Spitfire and La-7 are the two most common fighters in the MA.  Of course I dont have any hard evidence of that but they seem to be the ones that I see the most.  This doesnt bother me at all since it is, after all, the Main Arena.  I prefer the CT nowadays, although I occasionally return to the MA if I want to fly a certain plane or something, or to see how my knights are doing.

Offline Zippatuh

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2002, 01:15:00 PM »
Originally posted by Wilbus:

Atleast spit doesn't catch a Dora or a Pony in a dive starting CO E.

Since the FM has been changed, I don’t have any problems out climbing or running away <cough> withdrawing <cough> from a N1K.  There’s a lot of em in places but usually lower and slower.  If I do encounter one co-alt or higher I can usually escape without any problems in a pony or corsair.

Just the other day I had an opponent get disgruntled with me as we were alone, me with about a 3K feet alt advantage, and very far from any friendly bases, mine or his.  After about 5 minutes or so of making passes, trying to rope, rounding him back in when he tried to escape, I got the kill.  He was upset because I wouldn’t turn fight him and his poor uber N1K wouldn’t regain alt or E the way my pony was.

They are very deadly when the right person is flying it.  Most of the time though it’s just another target, I don’t see a reason to perk it.

Zippatuh

Offline Am0n

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2002, 01:41:00 PM »
Zippatuh
if there was nothing but tards flying the tempest, would it still need to be perked?

just because idiots fly the n1k2 doesnt mean it couldnt stand a light perking like the chog had to get.

-------------

im convinced that all n1k2 pilots are tards though. i had one chase me for half a sector in my p47, he was 1.5k and dwindling, 2k still in persuit. Just he and I and 8k of air to the water beneath us.. i start to roll to come around on him and he turns hard right into our/rook train station which was fully acked and firing like mad, he was diving and shooting seemingly aimlessly.. of course i follow him down and ripped him apart. I was thinking to my self.. "what is he on and where can i get it???"  :D
what a tard

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2002, 02:28:00 PM »
Uhmm, my idea of Nikis being everywhere might have come from the fight at A3 and S of it today in the MA, was almost nothing but Nikis there, 1 or 2 spits and a 109 and about 7 or 8 nikis. I have people that were with me there that can say the same.

Maybe they are rarer now though and aren't in the arena all over most of the time. When I come to think of it, just had a fight where I hardly saw any nikis (near 47) at all.

Maybe it's just from time to time where all the dweebs seem to gather at one field.
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline Zippatuh

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2002, 03:35:00 PM »
AmOn,

Well yes, I do think that all Tempest drivers are tards, so therefore it should be free  ;)!

What I was trying to say was that I do not believe the N1K is that big of a threat and based on performance doesn’t warrant a perking.  I don’t believe the F4U-C did either but the argument for total kill percentage won out.  If the criterion for perking is ability, I think it falls short.  If it’s amount of use it doesn’t appear that it has reached the 20% precedent set by the Chog.

Zippatuh

Offline mason22

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2002, 04:22:00 PM »
shoot more, talk less.

Offline Hooligan

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2002, 05:24:00 PM »
Here is my perk system idea.

HTC chooses some BBS monitors.  These people have the ability to charge perk points for whining.  I believe that Wilbus should pony up a minimum of 50 perk points for starting this thread.

Once a player has ever been charged perk points for whining, then their BBS posting privileges are suspended unless they have at least 100 perk points in reserve to cover the costs of potential whines (at least 500 if their sig contains the letters JG).

In the interest of fairness RAM and Mandoble should retroactively be charged 100,000 perkies or so to cover prior whining.

I nominate Westy and Creamo as the first 2 whining police.  May their actions be swift and merciless.

Hooligan

Offline Blue Mako

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org/BLUEmako.htm
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2002, 05:29:00 PM »
Had a great furball flight this morning.  I saw in quantity Yaks, 109s, P38s, P47s, P51s, La7s, La5s.  I saw ONE N1k in 1.5 hours of furballing.  That's right, only ONE.  So I shot him down.  He must have been lonely.  Poor little N1k.

Offline pbirmingham

• Copper Member
      • http://bigscary.com
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2002, 05:40:00 PM »
Originally posted by mason22:
shoot more, talk less.

"When you have to choot, choot -- don't talk."

--  Tuco Benedito Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez

Offline K West

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2002, 06:32:00 PM »
Hooligan, I'm honored! But I'd just be a depute to the Sherrif Creamo. He's the defacto whine killer.  :)

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2002, 06:34:00 PM »
Originally posted by Hooligan:
Here is my perk system idea.

HTC chooses some BBS monitors.  These people have the ability to charge perk points for whining.  I believe that Wilbus should pony up a minimum of 50 perk points for starting this thread.

Once a player has ever been charged perk points for whining, then their BBS posting privileges are suspended unless they have at least 100 perk points in reserve to cover the costs of potential whines (at least 500 if their sig contains the letters JG).

In the interest of fairness RAM and Mandoble should retroactively be charged 100,000 perkies or so to cover prior whining.

I nominate Westy and Creamo as the first 2 whining police.  May their actions be swift and merciless.

Hooligan

LOL :)
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011