Author Topic: Fool me once, shame on you....  (Read 1430 times)

Offline Ping

• Silver Member
Fool me once, shame on you....
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2003, 05:13:15 PM »
Au Contraire: We are talking Life and death, and using lies and threats (You are either with us, or against us) to dominate and install The Bush Administrations ideas of what it wants in the region.
Aks, you claim I'm looking at the smaller picture. I think I'm looking at a vastly greater one. The US Government wants its sphere of influence to hold sway in that region and the reason is Oil. Without Oil, Western Civilization would become a mere shadow. Its what Our Economy runs on.
 Hence all the lies, deceit and sad aliances with dictators and general meanies.
Its a shame that honour and truth have to be the first victims.
I/JG2 Enemy Coast Ahead

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2003, 05:15:35 PM »
Do you have any proof to any of that, or simply making assumptions based on other lies and deceit you have read?
-SW

Offline Ping

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2003, 05:20:47 PM »
AKS:   Its time I just leave this conversation. You are capable of doing the research. You will find the truth that you will want to find on your own.
I have given you nothing but facts. Its up to you to research and come to your own conclusions. I just ask that you honestly do the research and base your convictions upon facts.

Nothing more to add.
I/JG2 Enemy Coast Ahead

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2003, 05:26:19 PM »
I have given you nothing but facts.

These are not facts, but instead mere assumptions based on looking at what's in the region that could possibly be the only reason we'd want to get rid of Saddam:

"The US Government wants its sphere of influence to hold sway in that region and the reason is Oil. Without Oil, Western Civilization would become a mere shadow. Its what Our Economy runs on.
Hence all the lies, deceit and sad aliances with dictators and general meanies.
Its a shame that honour and truth have to be the first victims."

I would type out an entirely seperate reason, but since you have decided to back out because you couldn't back up the above quoted paragraph, then I would only be wasting my time.
-SW

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2003, 06:04:52 PM »
Republican's Syndrome: A neurological disorder characterized by compulsive outbursts of mind-boggling hypocrisy.

:p

Offline X2Lee

• Silver Member
Re: We have a foreign policy?
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2003, 06:26:47 PM »
Originally posted by weazel

It only took one day from my pointing it out to see the emperor has no clothes.

NK has at least a few nukes and the have hundreds of thousands
of conventional missles. Japan and SK would suffer near or total
devastation along with an estimated 100,000+ Americans
within the first few hours of a war with NK. Compared to an almost 0% body count for warring with Iraq.

No comparison....

Offline Ping

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2003, 06:32:35 PM »
So why do we need to go to war with Iraq?
Total cooperation with the inspectors, unrestricted access.
The aren't in anyone elses territory, nor lobbing missiles at Israel.

0 body count great. Guess that means on both sides right?
The UN inspectors are asking for alot more time to do the job. Guess we can all sit back and enjoy the peace....
Oh yes they support terrorism. Now lets see...what Nationality were the majority of those Hijackers?????? (hint...think ally)
I/JG2 Enemy Coast Ahead

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2003, 06:46:55 PM »
We don't need to go to war with Iraq.. we NEED to get Saddam out of power, if the only way is by force, then I'm afraid that's how it's going to happen.

There is no denying the guy is a fukin nut job, and he has been toying with the UN since 1993. He's had plenty of time to hide, or temporarily move, any UN classified WMDs.

He's giving the UN unrestricted access, terrific... at this point it don't really matter much, 3 or 4 years ago it may have actually led to finding what he didn't want the UN to see only a year ago.

Regardless of the nationality of the hijackers, where were they trained and who do you think supported them?

There have been plenty of examples of people of one nationality fighting a cause for an entirely seperate continent, so the "what nationality were they" card holds about as much water as a bucket with a hole in the bottom.
-SW

Offline Ping

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2003, 06:55:13 PM »
Lets see. They trained in Afghanastan. Supported by Osama Bin Ladin.
 Do I win?
The US wiped out the Taliban....and a coupla canadians....but mostly Taliban and Lotsa "Freedom fighters"

So Job done..lets all go home.
I/JG2 Enemy Coast Ahead

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2003, 07:02:13 PM »
You must be one of those "only read what I want to read" type people.
-SW

Offline weazel

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
X2LEE
« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2003, 07:05:08 PM »
I posted yeterday that chimpy would take no action other than to sweeten the deal WJC made in order to make the N.K. crisis go away.

Looks like I was right, chimpys not concerned with anyone having weapons of mass destruction...

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2003, 07:12:36 PM »
Originally posted by Ping
Smacks Thrawn upside the head....Testing the effects of nuclear weapons on willing subjects dont count. :D

"The Clinton administration's first halting step toward taking responsibility for past government misdeeds occurred on Pearl Harbor Day 1993, when DoE Secretary Hazel O'Leary confirmed that the AEC, her agency's predecessor, had sponsored experiments in which hundreds of Americans were exposed to radioactive material, often without their consent.
That O'Leary had decided to break with her agency's long tradition of secrecy and deception was something of a surprise. After all, she came to the job after a career in the nuclear power industry. But, confronted by a media firestorm over the government's Cold War nuclear experiments, O'Leary was left with few options.
Her decision to confirm some government abuses and reveal others was precipitated by a series of reports by journalist Eileen Welsome in the Albuquerque Tribune last November and the nearly simultaneous release of a Government Accounting Office (GAO) report on radiation releases. *3 Following a six-year investigation, Welsome uncovered details of five experiments in which plutonium was injected into 18 people without their informed consent. "

More here:

http://www.netti.fi/~makako/mind/radiatio.htm

Offline Ping

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2003, 07:14:07 PM »
AKS..Im only repeating what GB told all of us :D
However have you looked into your own history as to who has trained in the great US of A?
 Of what Benefit is it to the US, to get rid of Saddam Hussien?
Explain that please?
And you will note that its pakistan and SA that seems to be the hole that AL Q has crawled into.
I/JG2 Enemy Coast Ahead

Offline Ping

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2003, 07:15:58 PM »
Thrawn :D Informed consent means they weren't given the WHOLE picture :).  They still knew something was up :)
I/JG2 Enemy Coast Ahead

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
Re: What war on terror?
« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2003, 02:02:28 AM »
Originally posted by weazel
The bottom line is greed...and that's an ugly diddlying reason to get a lot of our boys killed.

S! weazel.
Not to mention the innocent civillian casualties.
War should be left as an absolute last resort.
Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. ... Bertrand Russell