Author Topic: 13th TAS Sees the light  (Read 1056 times)

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
13th TAS Sees the light
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2003, 05:17:10 AM »
The FM2 has great snapshot, a very good plane if a bit slow. I like it. The ammo last forever too you can get 12 non vulch "fighting" kills in it pretty easily.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
13th TAS Sees the light
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2003, 08:06:16 AM »
rude looks good in blue.   He got a little carried away tho when we were doing scyncronized aerobatics together and augered tho.

Salute to the tas guys last nite... there was only one fight in the dreaded pizza abortion and so I went there... The reason for the one fight was the tas... they were fighting/defending against odds and I joined in on the gangbang.   No whining  from them.

I don't like gangbangs from either side but in pizza any bang is better than no bang.  Even so... there were a few good fights with those guys.

Also... MOL guys were fun and did some fighting... the rest of the map was just more pizza crap.
lazs

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
13th TAS Sees the light
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2003, 08:39:40 AM »
hmm you fly low an slow so you can get better in the fighting skills department.....

but yet you choose the wrong blue plane:p

ask URCHIN....my blue plane wooped his ass(with alt adv. his):eek:

called a YAK9-T.

anytime you feel brave enough....ask like urchin did....he even asked me to bring some friends along....poor urchin got another bellybutton woopin:eek: ...and everyone said he was good...have too admit....he is...but not that good:p

some of us have been fightin low an slow for years now....we don't look at scores:rolleyes:....

whats hard is finding that good fighter like urchin to give you better practice...you expect a good fight...but it isn't...then you don't expect anything and Urchin pops you good...those you gotta be heads up for

Urchin bud that was some nice flyin....but ya gotta stop swimming with the fish:D

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
13th TAS Sees the light
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2003, 09:00:42 AM »
slo... thanks for joining in... no thread about skill would be complete without the most skilled player checking in... it is truly a shame that you have to be the one to remind us who is the best.   I'm sure it's just an oversite on the part of all the other players.   Heres hoping that I never have to face you in the MA.   So far... I have been lucky.
lazs

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
13th TAS Sees the light
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2003, 09:45:14 AM »
Laz....he actually defied me....not the other way round....he actually thought it would be easy.....wrong

I know you want to defend a friend of yours....but your lame attempt at sarcasm is not wanted and not appreciated.

I never said I was the best.....but be ready for a hard fight...not the easy 1 urchin thought it would be....he paid the price for thinkin so.

I will not start a flame with you....or HT will stop this thread.....and its not mine...outta respect for the 13th TAS...I decline the offer of a flame war.....good day

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
13th TAS Sees the light
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2003, 10:05:35 AM »
Just some observations.....

I liken our default syle of fighting in the Mustang(10k and below for those of you who believe we still hang out way up there) to Kung Fu....graceful yet potent, minimal effort spent with maximum effect.

Down in the weeds is like streetfighting....brutal, fast paced and bloody. I kinda like it:)

What I'm having a problem with is not the flying aspect, but rather the processing of the data itself....like Lazs stated, I just flat augered without a clue as to where terra firma was....so many cons my brain hurt.

Still, I know from experience that sticking with it will yield results....like that old indian in the movie Josey Wales...."Endeavor to Persevere".

Our goal as a squad is to stay with this down and dirty dancing for 6 months, at which time we'll step back and take appraisal of ourselves.

We just have a desire to improve ourselves as a squad....oh, and I'm not forgettin the fun aspect of this too....when we can enter a fight outnumbered 3-1 and walk away with the scalps, then I'll really be havin fun:)

Cyas in the weeds!

Offline Samiam

• Nickel Member
13th TAS Sees the light
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2003, 10:14:10 AM »
I think I was 3-5 against 13th TAS in that furball last night. My excuse is that I was being reckless in seeking out those F4F icons 'cause I knew it was them. Anybody buying it?

Rude and gang.

I maintain that the FM2 is the most underrated little killer in the game (especially when skillfully used against me).

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
13th TAS Sees the light
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2003, 10:19:26 AM »
hope you have fun in your new endeavor Rude....I started doin that back in AW....can only tolerate so much Cherry pickin.

1 thing i can say is....you'll feel great winning a 3on1....its hard, fast an dangerous, you will get cherry picked alot though....but you'll feel great after winning some....plus you'll save time by NOT climbin to perch alt:p

have fun bud

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
13th TAS Sees the light
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2003, 10:40:10 AM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
The FM2 has great snapshot, a very good plane if a bit slow. I like it. The ammo last forever too you can get 12 non vulch "fighting" kills in it pretty easily.

Great snapshot?  I wouldnt push it that far, a mediocre snapshot at least.  It will take more than one to kill as well.

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
13th TAS Sees the light
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2003, 12:35:37 PM »
I still believe the greatest jungle fighter is the A6M2.  Its ready to tangle as soon as its gear leaves the ground.

FM2 is a close second though.  It was the 2nd plane I was able to get a positive kill/death score in (the first was the 190A8, with sucker punches from behind and HO boomers) and actually felt like I had real AH L33t 5k1llz, and then the next month I got my noggin thumped by Mustangs for 3 straight weeks and left the GM Wildcat in the hangar.

To get a kill in an FM2, you have to be able to hang onto the target's tail a bit longer than you would in a plane with more guns.

Offline Samiam

• Nickel Member
13th TAS Sees the light
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2003, 12:41:04 PM »
The thing I like about FM2 is being able to get a little altitude and bounce folks in a 400+mph dive. A6M compresses too quick to play boom-n-zoom with.

I grant that A6M is better upping from a capped field - and if you need the cannon as a crutch.

Offline Midnight

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org
13th TAS Sees the light
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2003, 01:55:40 PM »
Well, I guess I should thank Rude for letting the 412th have free reign of skies above 19K.

It's fun chasing down high Mustangs knowing it's not the 13th :D

Of course, we Mustangs can still find those FM2s when their down low cutting the grass, right Rude ;)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
13th TAS Sees the light
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2003, 04:42:16 PM »
You've had free reign above ~ 9-10K for a long time already. You were just so high up you didn't realize it till now.

:p
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
13th TAS Sees the light
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2003, 04:54:22 PM »
Well....you got me last night:)

I got some of your boys too....enjoy it while it lasts, we won't be such easy targets for long:)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
13th TAS Sees the light
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2003, 09:56:47 AM »
Well.... point is... you guys are good sports about the whole thing and... you fly the fur very well.

I still don't have much use for ya when you are in stangs but...
lazs