Author Topic: And this gentlemen is why.  (Read 4653 times)

Offline Hammy

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.leedsstarafc.co.uk
hehehe
« Reply #90 on: January 17, 2003, 11:43:35 AM »
YUMMY      

:D

Offline Hammy

• Nickel Member
hehehe
« Reply #91 on: January 17, 2003, 11:48:56 AM »
YUMMY      

Offline bowser

• Copper Member
And this gentlemen is why.
« Reply #92 on: January 17, 2003, 03:33:54 PM »
"...but like any Human Being I get frustrated and sound off...".

Maybe that's part of the problem.  A lot of people seem to think it's normal behaviour to sound off on channel 1 when things don't go their way.  Trust me, there are a lot people who manage not to.

bowser

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #93 on: January 17, 2003, 04:16:47 PM »
Originally posted by bowser
"...but like any Human Being I get frustrated and sound off...".

Maybe that's part of the problem.  A lot of people seem to think it's normal behaviour to sound off on channel 1 when things don't go their way.  Trust me, there are a lot people who manage not to.

bowser

maybe not everyone has pets, children or small electrical appliances to kick?

Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline FDutchmn

• Silver Member
Re: wow
« Reply #94 on: January 17, 2003, 05:14:30 PM »
Originally posted by Hammy
I do however notice that you FDutchman are the first to pounce and respond to anyone who is unfortunate enough to be playing at the same time as you, even if the person wasnt talking to you in the first place.

So maybe theres a Pot and a Kettle in here somewhere?

Hammy

Hammy... do you not realize that this is the type of comments that tick people off and also confuses the issue at hand?  I must really question what the motive of such a statement.  Are you really there not to antagonize people as you claim?

Furthermore, as Hitech requested implicitly, I would rather do this elsewhere because as you also said, this is personal, and, as Hitech wants, not suited for this BBS.

Offline Hammy

• Nickel Member
confused?
« Reply #95 on: January 17, 2003, 06:08:54 PM »
Confuse the issue?

The issue changed when you had a go at me. You want me to be like a pet and sit and wag my tail while you people tell me off?

Well i got news for you, you insult me, I will insult you back. You question me, I will question you back. You pick faults with me, I will pick faults back.

Like it or lump it FDutchman, I'm no ones lackey least of all yours, but like I said earlier, IF  I have said something personal that i think was out of order i WILL apologise for it but I really think you need to grow up a little and stop dwelling on what I've said in the past.

I have also said I'm no angel and i admit to yelling on chan 1 but am I the only one? Do you really feel so strongly that you need to take things SO personally?

People who live in Glass Houses should not throw stones, thats the only point I'm trying to make here, and i was also trying to show some support for the community as a whole but then I get jumped on by 2 people!!

Well if this is what the BBS is all about, I will stop posting and just ignore everyone who jumps on me, because quite frankly i  couldnt give 2 monkeys how people perceive me to be, but be warned, if you start on me, then I will defend myself in the same manner.

to everyone who matters and FD i have sent you an email so i await your response. :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: January 17, 2003, 06:13:27 PM by Hammy »

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #96 on: January 17, 2003, 06:41:36 PM »
When do you plan on apologizing to the 30 odd people you enraged when you made clear your opinion on whether or not the US "deserved" 9/11 on channel 1?

Or perhaps your insulting remarks towards the US military, drawing on your obviously extensive experience, no less?

Offline DouglasA

• Zinc Member
« Reply #97 on: January 17, 2003, 08:07:17 PM »
I like beer :D

Offline Hammy

• Nickel Member
saurdakaur
« Reply #98 on: January 17, 2003, 08:45:13 PM »
you obviously misinterpreted what i said as well as Thrawn did

I did NOT say that the US deserved 7/11, u are now trying to put words into my mouth. what i DID say that what goes around comes around and that the USA are not entirely blameless.

Just in case you missed that last comment i will repeat it :

what i DID say that what goes around comes around and that the USA are not entirely blameless

I certainly do not condone any form of terrorist action by ANYONE but we have to look at our own skeletons b4 we can sort out other countries.

I come from the UK and i believe that we are as much to blame for what goes on in the World today as anybody.

Einstein said: with every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

perhaps you should bear this in mind eh?

But to be true to my word, if I DID upset anyone then i apologise who;leheartedly but it would greatly help matters if people didnt try to twist words and opinions to suit their own purposes.

So you can bugger off now and leave me alone too coz you got the apology you wanted.

God, why do i feel as if i`m wasting my time here?????

besides saurdakur or whoever you are, whats your cpid in the MA then seeing as you hiding behind an alias? I like to know who is slagging me off.:rolleyes:

Offline Jebo44

• Copper Member
      • http://www.vmf222.com
« Reply #99 on: January 17, 2003, 09:06:42 PM »
It is a shame that the Newb's that come in get run off or slammed on. It would be interesting to see if any of the ones doing the slammin' got a trainers coupon.

For everybody that is mad, peved or round about hostile in any form......go run a lap or ten, stick your wee-willy in a knot hole, or take a cold shower.

If HT is serious about clamping down on the ragging and abuse then don't let the ones that won't change drag you down with them.

Anyway if I set anyone off then I apologize way in advance.

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #100 on: January 17, 2003, 09:11:28 PM »
woohoo! 100:D
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline FDutchmn

• Silver Member
Re: confused?
« Reply #101 on: January 18, 2003, 12:31:18 AM »
Originally posted by Hammy
Well i got news for you, you insult me, I will insult you back. You question me, I will question you back. You pick faults with me, I will pick faults back.

Cool down baby.  I cannot recall ever insulting you even on this thread.  Questioning is fine, but I don't recall ever mentioning anything about your intelligence.  Do you really feel that you are making an impression to me or this community that a mature communication can take place with me or with any other member of this community, especially with the way you are responding now?

Thank you for the email, I've got it.  But, I ask you to take a moment first before I respond, because what I am trying to do is seek understanding and acceptance why what you said in the past can be offensive while at this very moment you don't think so.  Apology to me or to the public is secondary and it is not even a goal for me.  You can do that if you wish... However, at the moment, I am afraid that you will not be able to take it the way I intend.

So, why did I even bother to reply to this thread in the first place?  Because I just couldn't believe where the message was coming from.  (I'm sorry for that HiTech, I couldn't hold myself back... If you want no more of this, please feel free to gag me.)  We are saying to set examples to kids or newbies and be a model for them... when even on this thread we can't even handle ourselves properly.  Look at the way this is going.  Is this really a conversation between grown-ups?  Can you see that a sensitive topic like 9-11 or WW2 for that matter can blow up and result in unintended consequences?  It would be worse if this had political slurs or religious slurs in it.  I can think of even worse situations...  I would ask myself twice if I want my kids to involved in this kind of mess.

I think I am done with this thread.

As for the email, you have made it clear that you have "an eye for an eye" policy, which means that if you take it wrongly, you will rub me wrongly.  This is a no win situation for both of us.  Until you can assure me that you have dropped this policy, I choose wait to respond.

Yours Truly,

Osamu Ida
aka Flying Dutchman

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #102 on: January 18, 2003, 01:53:37 AM »
So you can bugger off now and leave me alone too coz you got the apology you wanted.

Henh..

that right under your 'clarification':

what i DID say that what goes around comes around and that the USA are not entirely blameless

means yer as full of stuff as yer boxing day goose.

At this point, I don't think I'd be satisfied with any apology from you that did not include yer bleedin head on the end of a stake.

What goes around comes around indeed.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Naso

• Silver Member
      • http://www.4stormo.it
« Reply #103 on: January 18, 2003, 08:36:09 AM »
HT, time to lock your own thread??

Jeez, gents, too much testosterone.

What the hell it's going on in this community??

:(

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #104 on: January 18, 2003, 08:47:18 AM »
Guys, Take this stuff else where.

HiTech