Author Topic: Need a Name.  (Read 11625 times)

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
Need a Name.
« Reply #240 on: January 21, 2003, 08:25:10 PM »
Aces High: Battle for the Skies

Aces High: Armed Forces

Aces High: Tally Ho!

Aces High: Air Service
NEXX

Offline Hammy

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.leedsstarafc.co.uk
my 2pennies worth
« Reply #241 on: January 21, 2003, 08:39:49 PM »
Aces High II - Pilot School

Aces High II - Tour Of Duty

Aces High II - Legion Of Wings

Aces High II - First Blood

Aces High II - School Of Excellence

just a couple

:D

Offline blutic

• Copper Member
Need a Name.
« Reply #242 on: January 21, 2003, 08:45:34 PM »
Vulcan how about "Skies of Conflict"
This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.—Dwight Eisenhower, April 16, 1953

Offline Lizard3

• Silver Member
Re: Need a Name.
« Reply #243 on: January 21, 2003, 09:45:29 PM »
Originally posted by hitech
[B have a substantial AI componet of either bombers or ground vehicles.
Offensive missions will be primarly to protect bombers or vehicels, defensive to kill bombers, or vehicles.  

HiTech [/B]

That sounds like a good deal of fun for a little while. Part of what makes AH what it is, is the human component. AI never goes to sleep. AI never runs for a beer, never gets mad, usually never misses, or if it does miss, its predictible. AI is gameable.

From the description of offense and defense type missions I take it that its going to be either fighters, or fighters slung with bombs. No bombers, no goons, no gv's, no captures, just plug a hole and fill a slot? I'm not trying to piss on the parade, but it just doesn't sound like much fun from that description. (not mine, yours)
Or at least not
years of fun.

Does that mean that AH classic will fall by the wayside and become unsupported while the few people that do work for HTC bust there kesters to get out and support the new product?
Does that mean that we'll get no more new aircraft for AH classic? No new GV's? I was looking forward to lobbying for a SdKFz 251 with 8cm mortar in the back or nebelwurfers strapped on the sides.

Maybe, just maybe I should read this whole thread before posting this because all those questions have been answered, all those opinions stated.

I mean like I had this whole new thread running through my mind for the last couple weeks about how to possibley improve gameplay and haven't gotten a chance to post it yet. About how cool it would be if we had like a couple of entrenched possitions around the town. Maybe a couple of medium caliber AT guns and a trench with mg positions and mortar emplacement. Maybe just some positions with rifles and bazookas or panzerfaust. And like how maybe you could choose your position like you do with gun mounts on bombers or even like you do when gunning a ship. How it doesn't seem fair that all those cumb drunks in the back of the M3 can't ever seem to get a shot off and that wouldn't it be cool if one of those suckers had a bazooka with him and that once in a while you could get a crack at them big meenie tankers.
And, I was remembering how we were promised some towed arty and that with the new bomber flight system that maybe we could do arty like that, take 3 or 6 of em out have em get in formation to waste a town or a feild. How cool would it be to have a Long Tom towed around behind that M3...

Oh well, I guess maybe I should've read the whole thread huh...

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
Need a Name.
« Reply #244 on: January 21, 2003, 09:52:21 PM »
You should have read the thread. HT already said the SdKFz 251 with 8cm mortar in the back or nebelwurfers strapped on the sides is in the next patch.

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
Need a Name.
« Reply #245 on: January 21, 2003, 10:09:10 PM »
I think your missing it lizard. Everything you talked about, armed troops, artillery makes more sense in a setting like a Mission theater. The MT has greater potential to become a true online war then base capture in the main. Atleast the way I see it.

Obviously theres much work involved but I dont think HT would just develope one side of ah and not include those advances in the other. From his post clearly he isn't. People enjoy main arena play to much. Neglecting this area to push another more restrictive style of gameplay doesnt make much sense.

However, there seems to be support for a "mission type" arena. Atleast lots of folks say they would support it. Not just in the existing ah player base but from other games as well.

Suppose ht stopped everything and developed an FPS model for the main. It would "neat" but not much more then a "gimmick" like gvs are now.

Ofcourse we have to wait and see. I dont think ht wont allow bomber missions or even gv missions, theres no reason to. But having ai fill some of the roll is a good idea.

I am no blind fan boi but I am curious as to whats ahead.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Need a Name.
« Reply #246 on: January 21, 2003, 10:21:17 PM »
My motto, keep it simple.

Ah II Mission Arena

AH II Classic  Arena

I think HT's too stingy on points though.

If it costs you 100 points if you die & you have to fly 10 perfect missions to get back where you were thats kinda rough IMO.

Esp to start with, bump points for fully completed mission to 20, drop to 10 for partially completed, & rtb successfully.

As people learn what it takes and start completing more missions then easy enough to raise penalty for dieing.

Offline streakeagle

• Silver Member
      • Streak Eagle - Stephen's Website
Need a Name.
« Reply #247 on: January 21, 2003, 10:38:25 PM »
Aces High: Cutting Edge

Aces High: Face of Death
i5(4690K) MAXIMUS VII HERO(32 Gb RAM) GTX1080(8 Gb RAM) Win10 Home (64-bit)
OUR MISSION: PROTECT THE FORCE, GET THE PICTURES, ...AND KILL MIGS!

Offline Samnite

• Zinc Member
Need a Name.
« Reply #248 on: January 21, 2003, 10:43:16 PM »
ACES HIGHEST
MO' BETTA ACES
ACES HIGHER THAN WB
ACES HIGH FOR PEOPLE WITH NO LIFE
SECRET WEAPONS OF ACES HIGH
FIVE ACES !?
ACE HOLES (VERSION FOR KAMIKAZI PILOTS - REQUIRES BAKKA BOMBER)
ACES HIGH LIFE "THE CHAMPAGNE OF FLIGHT SIMS"
ACES COLLEGE
ACES HIGH : QUEENS  WILD (san francisco version)

Offline chance-airwolf

• Zinc Member
Need a Name.
« Reply #249 on: January 21, 2003, 10:48:00 PM »
Tour of Duty

Offline DrDea/Kvorkian

• Copper Member
Need a Name.
« Reply #250 on: January 21, 2003, 10:52:06 PM »
ACES HIGH LIFE "THE CHAMPAGNE OF FLIGHT SIMS"

I love it.Make it so Number 1

Offline OZkansas

• Nickel Member
Need a Name.
« Reply #251 on: January 21, 2003, 11:50:52 PM »
Aces High Combat

Offline giggy

• Copper Member
      • http://www.3-jg2.com
WWW2 Historical Combat
« Reply #252 on: January 22, 2003, 12:06:38 AM »
Name the arena : The WWII Historical Combat Arena

It would me nice to have an arena designed around the real WWII History.

Call the arena: The WWII Historical Combat Arena and have it rotate between two themes  The WWII European War and The WWII Pacific War :)

Offline JustJim

• Nickel Member
Need a Name.
« Reply #253 on: January 22, 2003, 12:44:08 AM »
Serious Name,

Aces High: Advanced  (since you will have to be to play in it)

Alternets,

Aces High: Uber Arena

Aces High II: Get A Lawyer

Aces High II: Don't Bother If You Suck

Aces High II: Fester Land

Aces High II: Dude Your Gonna Need A New Dell

Aces High II: Should Have Had A V8

Aces High II: Shut Up And Fly

Aces High II: Ooooo You Bwoke My Widdle Head

Aces High II: Gangbang

Aces High II: OK I'll Shut Up Now    :rolleyes:

Offline devious