Author Topic: BGBmaw  (Read 1873 times)

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
BGBmaw
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2003, 03:25:52 PM »
I have to admit, I would like it better if we flew only Blue planes. But that's me, and I fly the F6f anf FM2 mostly anyway.

But this is not a roleplaying game, and we're not a role playing squad. We have to fly planes that will keep up competitive.

Did'nt the marines take delivery of some ponies? I know they had '38s. We already checked into that.

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
BGBmaw
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2003, 04:01:12 PM »
i am not talking about the guys that fly niks. i do not! i dont have a singal sortie in a nik this camp cant remember the last time i flew 1. i have the majority of kills in blue planes check my stats. you have flown niks so to call someone a nik dweeb maybe you should look in the mirror while you say it
« Last Edit: January 24, 2003, 04:33:34 PM by icemaw »
Army of Das Muppets     
Member DFC Furballers INC. If you cant piss with big dogs go run with the pack

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
BGBmaw
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2003, 04:06:27 PM »
Competitiveness wise, you guys can afford to be true to your name or "close enought".

Between
- F4U1, F4UD, F4UC, F4U4
- FM2
- F6F

You have the full range between turnfight better than a spit, to fast planes, passing thru "effective jabo load".

Maybe you guys should rename yourself "Main Arena Warriors" and have :
NiponMAW, VvsMAW, JagMAW and MawMAW.

I'm teasing, I understand. It just raises my blood level when I see "Gabreski landed 7 kills in a N1K1" or "Agaland landed 3 kills in a LA7" on a regular basis. I have the upmost respect for squads that match their names despite their performances, the other squad are just considered "gamers" to me. No offense at all for you MAW guys, you have fun in AH and it's all what matters after all.
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
BGBmaw
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2003, 04:12:12 PM »
Originally posted by icemaw
i am not talking about the guys that fly niks. i do not! i dont have a singal sortie in a nik cant remember the last time i flew 1. i have the majority of kills in blue planes check my stats. you have flown niks so to call someone a nik dweeb maybe you should look in the mirror while you say it

ROFL ... are you kidding me, I didn't treat YOU personaly, I treated your SQUAD. And the stats are there (most kills in a N1K1), sorry mate.

Now if you want to get nasty with the numbers :
As far as saying I have "3 times as many flights and deaths than I do in a n1K1" that's not true. 3 times 0 equal 0.
I have 3 kills more than you in a N1K1.

You may be respectfull to the Marines name flying blue planes, and I salute you for it, but don't jump on me when I say that your squad is not.
Dat jugs bro.

------------------------

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
BGBmaw
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2003, 04:24:00 PM »
"As much as I hate the MAWs (bunch of N1k1 gangbangers, a disgrace to their squad name)

Its probably this that got the blood boiling. Tagging ALL MAW with that moniker (N1k1 gangbangers) is fundementally wrong. You probably meant it in jest ... but
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline TheManx

• Copper Member
      • http://4wingonline.com
BGBmaw
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2003, 04:41:14 PM »
I don't have a problem with people who fly N1k's. I don't do it personally, but there are enough of them out there to understand why they do it. There are dozens of great planes in this game that we pay for that are worth trying out and having fun in. I respect more the people who fly a number of planes regularly.

In that regard, your squad also falls short Frenchy.

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
BGBmaw
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2003, 05:15:44 PM »
Maybe I have your online handle wrong but stats page show frenchy with 3 kill in 13 kills of 3 killed by and 4 deaths in niks
while icemaw shows
0 kills in 27 kill of 5 killed by and 0 deaths in
 40dogmaw who I respect very very much as a leader and a online pilot and a friend likes to fly niks he has 173 kills in nik. Over half of the number you posted. 40 does not by any means need to fly a nik to get kills. He does well in any plane he flys. How ever he choses to fly it and its his 15 duckets so he can fly what he likes. Once in a while we will fly a mission on squad night in niks why not I see lots and lots of bish and rook niks in the air. You fly other planes besides the p47. You may see xxxmaw landing kills in niks but you also see lots of xxxmaw landing kills in other planes including blue ones. I dont fly blue planes cause I am in a virtual squad of marines. I fly um cause I like to but I also like to fly lots of others ones just as you do. And why not its your 15 duckets fly what ya want.

Now dont get me wrong I am not boiling mad upset pissed off etc etc. Just tired of hearing crap some times and most of what I post is in jest. How ever my humble opinion is your statemet

bunch of N1k1 gangbangers, a disgrace to their squad name),

is incorrect.

Oh and finally I dont know what the big deal is about this suposed uber nik cause I have no problem killing them. The same thing can be said about any of the other so called uber dweeb rides. Its not the plane its the pilot flying it and the way he flys it that makes the dweeb a dweeb its not the plane. If some nik pulls a sweet move on me and gets a shot thats fine with me. He is most likley a skilled pilot that flys what he wants with his money. How ever any pilot in any plane that goes for a pure HO or other typical dweeb type moves well nuff said. Hmm seems to me I have done just that before DAMN guess im a dweeb. BUT I DONT FLY NIKS DAMNIT. Guess I just dont want to be lumped into the mass a newbie with no skills.

Ok I have said my peace Im done.
Kill you later =S=
« Last Edit: January 24, 2003, 05:17:50 PM by icemaw »
Army of Das Muppets     
Member DFC Furballers INC. If you cant piss with big dogs go run with the pack

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
BGBmaw
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2003, 05:23:13 PM »
I totaly understand Slapshot. Nothing you can do about being cathegorized because of what your squadron flies. Heck if the 56th starts to fly D9s tomorrow, I'll still fly Thunderbolt mainly because it's a plane that inspires me. If I fall into the D9 dweeb cathegory, should I get mad? No, it's the squad I belong to.

By the same talken, if instead of " I'm sick of ", Ice or 38 would have said :"Hey check it out, some of us don't fit in the description", I would have throw a big salute, heartly deserved.

ManX  like I said, it's a preference choice. Personally I have nothing against the "dweeb" cathegory plane a squad flies. The Broncos, TAS fly P51 and run when in trouble, hell yeah do it. It's the plane they love, they use it to it's full potential, they are dedicated to their squad names, I'm happy.

Same when the Tokio boys fall on you with a cloud of N1K1, or some RAF bring on Spits.

Also, I like when a squad uses the same type of plane when they do a mission or chase the same objective. It makes them look like a squad, not like a gang out of the street. When a whole squad is attacking a field with 10 various type of planes and NOE B17s ... my respect level is droping considerably, whatever the outcome.

Again, what I like or look foward from Aces High is my own opinion and I understand others not sharing it. What I find gamey, dweebish, silly will be different for others and it's normal. Nevertheless, I do have the right to express what I think as long as it's not pure fantasie, if anyone wants to start a catfight "you the dweeb, no you the dweeb" I let you argue and have fun with it, there will be no winner.
Dat jugs bro.

------------------------

Offline TheManx

• Copper Member
      • http://4wingonline.com
BGBmaw
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2003, 06:12:44 PM »
I of course respect what plane you choose to fly Frenchy, but no more than I respect anyone elses. To berate a squad due to the historical accuracy of their plane type is as wrong as berating your squad for the manner in which you fly your choice of rides. I find the Maw's style of fighting more in tune with history than I find the 56th style.

No, you didn't find US Navy pilots flying N1k's all that often, but on the other hand not all P47 pilots were primadonna's picking and choosing their engagements to enhance their "score". Sometimes war was just a furball (ie Battle of Britain) where not only the dweebs lost, but everyone sustained casualties. I can't tell you how often I've seen a MAW N1k (or any other plane) climbing up to me with the distinct intention of removing my presence from the arena. Sometimes they were successful, sometimes they weren't. Now that's history.

To be honest, I prefer fighting MAW's as I know I'll get a fight out of the deal instead of chasing 2 high Jug's 3 sectors to have them dive into ack waiting for a proxy kill.

Hopefully you don't take this wrong Frenchy, your squad does have the right to fly the way it does. What I say, shouldn't have any influence over that at all. On the other hand, you can't come in here making brash judgements on how a squad should/shouldn't play the game and expect them not to feel as you likely will after reading this. :)

Offline BGBMAW

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
BGBmaw
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2003, 06:55:47 PM »
hehehe

SALute to all..I just saw this thread...

and Fiirst,,before i hijak liek the rest o fyou..i will say

Frenchy Boy!!1 Salute..was a dam good time..I truly enjoy figth excellent pilots...

Battling you was great fun....EVEN THO my 109 (w/ gondolas) got its bellybutton basically kiked....by ur Super Jug:)

But we did turn canapy to canapy quite a few times...and thats what this game is all about..

I remeber in AW RR arena..figths seemed to never last long...
When the UR arena came out in AW..I loved it...you were having 5 min 1 vs 1 dog fights...dam FUN!!

And what Frenchy!! I insult first??!!. I do joke around alot and it seems peopl take me wrong..I im sorry for that ...but I do like everyone here cause they enjoy this game..(I am a very big WW2 history fan and  student pilot....come on pass my written!!!!)

So any1 who supports world war 2 stuuf i will say SALUTE....ESPecially if it makes these peopl realize the sacrifice of SO many men in the cuase of giving us freedom..wow...it still  find it really hard to even imagine what these gusy went thru...Lord bless them and there families please.....

But..for the HiJak....the whole MAW niki thing is fuunny...and yes soem of us take offense to it,.,Nik is a great Plane..ESpecailly for raking up kills..So you alwasy see a sheet load of MAW kills in NIk..thats cause we got some dam good pilots..

Our SUper boss 40dog is a niki lover...you know this guy doesnt fly with a rudder???  anyways..atleats over half our squad doesnt fly nikis...  

me..im a 109.p51 and Chog fan...(i m getting caught to much lo and slow in my chog:(

and   gofaster...you were my first death by a ftr...I had hotload my me163. and was making my way to the front lines...oo i was hungry.....I chased a p51 and was in "tunnel vision mode" somew 1 gave me a check 6..i was screw this im killn this p51..he died..i looked bak..and DAMM a yak was 300yds..from me..i made a roll ..and he shot..good shooting!! salute

CRap..im getting lo on points....bak to the spit1 and 109e4 oops i mean the fm2 or the old Hog    Hoo RAH!!!!!!!

Any ways...Salute to all...and  Frenchy...im lookn for ya...:D

BiG Guns......shhhhh hes linning up for the putt.....

CHECK6!!!!!!!!!!!

Love BiGB
xoxoxo

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
BGBmaw
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2003, 07:14:28 PM »
"you know this guy doesnt fly with a rudder??? "

Heh heh, I sympathize with him  :)

I don't use a special rudder.
Or a throttle.
OR a view hat  :D

Of the three, I miss the rudder most.  Throttle is nice but not really necessary, and IMO the view hat is useless (keyboard is superior for views--needless to say, my keyboard setup is VERY different from the AH default).

I see nothing wrong with a squad that doesn't stick to the same plane as its historical counterpart.  This is AH, not reality  :)

J_A_B

Offline paintmaw

• Copper Member
BGBmaw
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2003, 03:33:36 PM »
WOAW , thae MAW getting alot of attention these days .
the last 4 kill HQ missions we flew were in p-47's , that ride can take a beating :)

didn't the Marines fly spit 5's ??

Offline swoopy

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.9giap.com
BGBmaw
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2003, 04:01:03 PM »
When u fly with em ull see how much fun it is, and i havent seen one of em in a nik once.
heres proof :D
Vosnik
9 GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
BGBmaw
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2003, 06:23:23 PM »
I don't understand the general animosity I see directed towards the MAW.  I always have fun fighting them and there is never verbal abuse directed towards me.  We (AKs - a bishop squad) always have very cordial relations with the MAW.

curly

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
BGBmaw
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2003, 06:33:50 PM »
Well, one thing for sure, the 56 FG is getting alot of publicity lately, and mostly it is good.

Frenchy has always been one to have a thing with historical named squads.  Don't take it personally folks.  It's just his pet peeve.  Me personally, anymore I fly whatever I want to.  Unless its a squad thing and we will gravitate to the jug.  But this tour, I haev flown whatever I felt like and I would expect any other paying customer to do the same.  I quit listening to diatribe from those that would ridicule for how I (or any of my squad members..eh..friends) would enjoy their payed for time in AH a long time ago.  Hello manx; long time, no listen.

To the MAW's.  You guys have flamed my tail enough to get my respect in your abilities. Heres to many more great fights in the virtual skies.

vr
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011