Author Topic: New Squadron  (Read 1536 times)

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
New Squadron
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2003, 11:19:26 AM »
Grim,

<>

Back atcha...even if it was a poor attempt to lighten things up on my part.  :D

Lessee, I bet if I look in my attic I may have some old CB laying around.

AWAR Ren :cool:

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
New Squadron
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2003, 11:36:52 AM »
"Taking a real persons name as your handle isnt like wearing a Brett Farve jersey. You are acctually asking people to call you by that name. Its kinda weird. Especially when you shame the name you have taken.
"
Ill just post it again..It really doenst get any more clear then that.
Voss. Do you really expect us to believe that you dont care what people think about you? Why then go to all the trouble of lying so much to try to effect what we think of you.
Why take another aces name again as GPreddy.
Your very comfortable taking on different alliases and changing your skin and just lying in general.
Wish you would just shame some generic handle and not the name of someone that many of us respect.

Why not fly as Grimma?

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
New Squadron
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2003, 12:00:58 PM »
Originally posted by oboe
:eek:    I'm sure you must mean "annals", and not "anals"?

No, he means anals:D
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline Lizard3

• Silver Member
New Squadron
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2003, 12:24:59 PM »
Originally posted by Grimm

AH GameID: GrimmCAF
AH CallSign: Grimm

Uhhhhh, there's a WHOLE lot more Grimm's in this game than that...come clean buddy:D

Offline Frogm4n

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
New Squadron
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2003, 12:36:40 PM »
they steal other peoples name's because they are to scared to make a name for themselves. and they are dweebs

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
New Squadron
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2003, 01:25:08 PM »
I'm a dweeb. My call sign is Renegade but a long time ago in a galaxy far, far, away before vox radio was available no one would type my full call sign. They insisted on typing Ren. As the ages passed the name stuck. Kinda like flies to...uh, that's another story. Anyway, people have tried to usurp my call sign. However, like the sands of time, mud sticking to pigs...opps, off track again. Yer mind wanders after so many years in the virtual skies. My call sign remains...Ren

So yes I'm a dweeb. Yea, those who consider themselves dweebs will be immortalized in the history of virtual reality flight games.  

Into the valley of...never mind that now.

So I say unto you. If you don't check 6 regularly this dweeb will flame yer butt.   :D

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bombardieraerospace.com
New Squadron
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2003, 03:23:12 PM »
Originally posted by Pongo
Ill just post it again..It really doenst get any more clear then that.
Voss. Do you really expect us to believe that you dont care what people think about you? Why then go to all the trouble of lying so much to try to effect what we think of you.
Why take another aces name again as GPreddy.
Your very comfortable taking on different alliases and changing your skin and just lying in general.
Wish you would just shame some generic handle and not the name of someone that many of us respect.

Why not fly as Grimma?

I will continue to use 'Voss' and I don't care what you think about it. When you become the voice of morality and your address becomes "StPeter@ThePearlyGates" I might listen to you, but probably not. Until then stop preaching as if you have some higher moral value. You can't control it, I'm not going to change my handle, and what you respect or disrespect doesn't enter into it.

Offline Revvin

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ch-hangar.com
New Squadron
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2003, 03:23:28 PM »
Squadron names and historical names of pilots is so very often seen as a tribute by those who use them and this certainly is the case for my own squad based on No.9 Sqn RAF as I had input from a friend who had close contact with No.9 veterans. The thing I feel uneasy about is awarding medals and rank to virtual pilots that real pilots fought and died to earn. I don't think any worse of any squad that does this it's just something I won't do with No.9 and something I would reluctantly accept as part of the new mission arena for Aces High.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
New Squadron
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2003, 08:58:17 PM »
I dont expect you to change "voss" I just expect you to keep being a pathological lier..
And so shaming the Name of Werner Voss, and now George Preddy.
Keep it up. When you burn that one you can become Moelders..

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bombardieraerospace.com
New Squadron
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2003, 11:16:17 PM »
You're not worth it, Pongo.

Offline paintmaw

• Copper Member
New Squadron
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2003, 11:58:51 PM »
LBJ is vosses hero lol  that explains alot

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
New Squadron
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2003, 12:05:40 AM »
Originally posted by Voss
You're not worth it, Pongo.

Pot: This is kettle, You're black, over.

Offline airbumba

• Silver Member
New Squadron
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2003, 01:15:47 AM »
Ohh well, I'll have to change my name then, it comes from the great Congolese ace who spent his last years in exile bending bananas for Dole, in an effort to pay off the Policarpov he crashed while hopped up on fermented monkey piss.

The poor bastrd.
I used to be a fatalist,
but that part of me died.

Offline 2stony

• Silver Member
New Squadron
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2003, 10:54:55 AM »
Why have a squadron that was once really a squadron? And why have only real aces names used?

Yes, it seems that DamnedRen and Squire have failed to see the irony(more likely, flat out sarcasm).

Yeager, I thought that your handle is your real name, so this thread is not directed towards you.

Voss, I didn't even know that you existed. Don't get all excited then and think that this thread was about you because it wasn't. It was directed at ANYONE that uses a real aces name. By the way, who is Voss anyway? I looked up all aces in the American Fighter Aces album and there's no ace with that last name. Is Voss an ace from another country?

As for my handle, I've had that as a nickname for almost 30 years, so I think it's ok that I use it.

As for squadrons being called the "Strawberries" or the "Gay Boys", it's doesn't bother me a bit.

Stony
1st Nasty

Offline 2stony

• Silver Member
New Squadron
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2003, 10:58:34 AM »
And un-original

This is the best answer I've seen yet.

Thank you

Stony
1st Nasty