Author Topic: Alt in KOTH  (Read 1987 times)

Offline BGBMAW

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Alt in KOTH
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2003, 09:29:53 PM »
well i like the Valleys..I haved saved my self a few times in those valleys.....

How would you do 5k AGL? with peaks and all ?? its alll un even..

But please keep the peaks..it adds to the game.To me a flat ground is boring.unchallenging..and limits the "tricks " you can do with peaks and valleys

Love
BiGB

xoxo

Salute BiGMax....thanks for ur work...

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Alt in KOTH
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2003, 12:03:57 PM »
Have a 5k AGL average altitude. Make the hills 1k and the valleys the same and then you get a 2k total difference in terrain. Rolling hills or steep valleys, either way.

fuzeman
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
Alt in KOTH
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2003, 11:27:54 PM »
(oops, a little late seeing this)
I think the terrain is great.  As is most fighting ends up in valleys which localizes the fighting, and compartmentalizes the combat.  If it came down to a terrain that allows individuals to mill around and have forever to vis fights and sucker punch anyone unfortunate enough to be engaged, I dont think I'd be interested.  I dont have a problem with the alt cap per se.  After all you can manover above it, you just cant loiter there.  In my opinion if everyone has the same alt cap (equal E cap), and one 'has' to dive out that would seem to have more to do with their Energy managment than with where the cap is.  There are many places with alot of air below cap.  How much air you choose to keep under you in a given terrain, is just another facet E managment.  Dive/zoom is just a symptom of 'E-fighting'.  Methodical Energy managment is E-fighting.

Offline BigMax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Alt in KOTH
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2003, 11:42:23 PM »
I'll have it changed (alt) by Friday...  However, I did promise a larger map with which to play.  So we will be using the top right area of the DA or the Wild Wenesday Terrain, not sure which.

I have asked the terrain team to design a new one for us, and I've thrown a couple of twists into it.  I think you guys will like my ideas, but would like to save some of the surprise.  But here's a lil hint:  There will be multiple areas and the winner will get to pick a unique area as well as plane type.