Author Topic: Hungary and revised Greece is up  (Read 448 times)

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
Hungary and revised Greece is up
« on: January 29, 2003, 03:28:31 PM »
hey all just read this in CM terrain team forum

Hungary and Greece are done and on the SEA/CT server.

Woo Hoo!! I don't see them up now but they should be up later.. there and the download page.

I gotta tell ya about the scoring system.. All strat except for the HQs.. are field owned.. that is owned by the zone master ie main field or depot. Once that main field/depot is captured, it really degrades the ability of the defender to wage war in that zone.

Loosing the zone master is like loosing a queen in chess. The game goes downhill from there.. so extra precaution to protect the zone master is vital.

Another good thing is you can check your BDA in flight by clicking on the zonemaster field..

The setup guys should like this.. makes their job a snap.

If this works.. and it should, praise Sabre, he planted the seeds for this idea over a year ago, If it fails.. blame me.. I added to his idea.

This as been implemented in both Hungary and revised Greece.. For Greece I fixed a bunch of art, changed some spawn points and what not.

All the veh spawn points are exactly 8 miles... Wait! wait! don't freak out.. You drive down regular roads (better pull over to the side for convoys, they don't stop) At the 4 mile point, there is a farming compound.. common in central Europe.. All the trees and building here are set as "barrier".. they can't be destroyed. The idea here is the field defenders drive out to this compound.. the spawners drive toward the compound... get it?. Even I'll try some vehicle ops on this one... (you know I hate to drive those)

Note to CMs and CT setup guys.. All river bridges are set as Structures.. I suggest you make these 18,000 pounds of bombs to destroy. It's up to you.. (no you can't cross the bridges at this time) You can of course capture the vh field that owns the bridge..

A great big THANK YOU to the many CT and special events regulars that provided me with AC skins and Clipboard map art.. You guys MUST try Gatso's 262 ;)... Oh we have to write an airshow thing... blue angles or thunderbirds thing you know.

Sundog doesn't like me to add alot of cloud layers.. says it causes frame rate hits.. that's true.. I made a few.. very small. and their set to go off every three hours.. so they shouldn't get in the way.. Plus I made them extra thin.. only a few hundred feet.. you never get complete whiteout. The one in the middle is low, that oughta screw up somebodys level bombing run.

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
Hungary and revised Greece is up
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2003, 08:33:20 PM »
WooooHoooo, I plane on runing the Hungery Map Next week(Friday) in the CT, thanks 10Bears for Building the Hungery map, and thanks for the extra love thrown at the already outstanding Greace map.