Author Topic: We definitely need one in Aces High!  (Read 1171 times)

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
We definitely need one in Aces High!
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2003, 12:49:59 PM »
Thgis is a result of unregistered potatos. We must immediately ban the open sale of potatos to minors and register all potatos so that the public may be protected. I suggest we get a Potato Violence Organization started as soon as possible.

Remember people don't kill people, potatos kill people!!

:rolleyes: :p :D
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline DoctorYO

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2003, 12:54:22 PM »
Hispudo Cannon............

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2003, 01:59:17 PM »
Kartoffelkanonen have been very popular at RC aircraft fields. Almost every field has at least one.

The article states that they're legal, which isn't true as far as I know. If something accelerates something else throug a barrel that gets a kinetic energy over 7.5 J it's a weapon that requires a special license to be owned. I can't see why a Kartoffelkanone would not fall under this rule (it's for sure above 7.5 J and the potatoe is accelerated through a pipe). Hell, even sparkling wine is illegal according to this law - the corc closing the bottle can be accelerated to more than 7.5 J when the bottle is shaken hard enough ;)

Offline MRPLUTO

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2003, 02:42:55 PM »
Blank, 30 years ago a teenage friend of mine put a ball through his parents' garage door, too!:eek:

We had all made calicium carbide cannons from large rug tubes with coffee cans on the end to hold some water.  Pour the powdered calcium carbide in a hole where the fuze would be on a cannon and let the stuff fizz, forming acetylene gas.  Wait 30 seconds and apply match to hole.  KABOOM.  The same friend had an eight-foot long cannon mounted on a push mower chassis, and covered with camoflage netting.  It could fire a heavy shrunken rubber ball (about 5 inches / 12.7 cm in diameter) 250 yards / 225 meters.

One time someone called the cops on us...for shooting off firecrackers.  When a police officer arrived he asked us if we had any firecrackers.  "No, sir", my friend said, "just this calcium carbide cannon!"

"Oh, okay.  I had one of those when I was kid.  But no firecrackers, you understand!"

"Yes, sir!"

This was about 1973.  In today's climate, who knows what would have happened to us?  We certainly would have been arrested and asked many, many questions.  Probably would have been on the news, too.

MRPLUTO VMF-323 ~Death Rattlers~ MAG-33

Offline krazyhorse

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2003, 02:50:18 PM »
i was one of the ones using steel beer cans duct tape tennis balls and gasoline:)  only got burnt once:) wow the memories  , lit a guys cornfield on fire once also   good ole days  :D

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2003, 04:19:00 PM »
Perk Potatoes!

Multi barrelled potatoe guns?  Oh my...sounds like something McDonalds would have for busy times!

Offline TMAW

• Zinc Member
Don't Get Hurt!
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2003, 07:22:13 AM »
Plans for a nice little cannon

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2003, 10:04:48 AM »
Cool link TMaw. I saved the wav of the gun firing to use as the cannon sound for the Yak9T. :D
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline boxboy28

• Gold Member
      • http://none
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2003, 01:57:16 PM »
The best propelant  to use is ether or "starting fluid"

:D

box
^"^Nazgul^"^    fly with the undead!
Jaxxo got nice tata's  and Lyric is Andre the giant with blond hair!

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2003, 02:26:07 PM »
OMG Kartofelnkanone that's priceless :D :D :D :D....

Offline -Concho-

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2003, 06:22:38 PM »
we used aceteylene from a cutting torch.  we would fire our standard HE potatoe and hi velocity tennis ball rounds.

ahhh the good old days....   :)

Offline Kwan

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2003, 08:52:47 PM »

This one is cool  :}

Offline snocone

• Copper Member
and dont forget this kids
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2003, 11:33:57 AM »
a little styrofoam and a little gasoline makes a whole lot of home made napalm :eek: enjoy