Author Topic: We want the Panzerknacker  (Read 371 times)

Offline walkingdead21

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.jagdgeschwader27.com
We want the Panzerknacker
« on: February 01, 2003, 08:59:57 AM »
Aces,
  When we the LW dweebs cried for the stuka I think we should have been more explicit as to which stuka we were asking for.
this is what we wanted:

"Rudel knocked out his first tank with his new tank-busting Stuka - "... my rear gunner who said that the tank exploded like a bomb and he had seen bits of it crashing down behind us." (Hans-Ulrich Rudel).Later on, more Ju-87 D-3s were converted to tank-busters and were designated as Ju-87 G-1 (often nicknamed Panzerknacker - Tank Buster or Kanonenvogel - Cannon Bird) and started arriving on the Eastern Front in October of 1943. "

Ju87-G1 Gustav (G) - In 1943 the first G-1's entered service (these being converted from D-3's). The G-1 was designed for one purpose only, to kill tanks (in a way,  the ancestor of the A-10 Warthog). To accomplish this mission, the Gustav was equipped with two 37mm Flak 18 cannons. The G-1, and later the G-2 (converted from the long wingspan D-5)proved to be highly successful in "tankbusting", soon earning nicknames like 'Kanonenvogel' (Cannonbird) and 'Panzerknacker' (tank cracker). Most Gustavs were used on the Eastern front but could be found on the Western front as well by the end of the war.

Ju 87D-4 - Two underwing WB81 weapon containers each housing six MG 81 guns.

Ju 87D-5, D-8 - Two 20mm MG 151/20 cannon in wings, one 7.92mm MG 81Z twin machine guns manually aimed in rear cockpit

Ju 87G - Two 37mm Flak 18 Bord Kannone (12 rounds of ammo carried per gun)

What we got were the stuka's of BOB the Ju87D-3. Although it is nice to have such a nice dive bomber My wish was for the Panzerknacker. Preferably with a good choice of cannon loadout.
The applications for this tank buster would be awsome in the pizza map and would make tank busting a blast. Not to mention the base porking possibilities.

Here is a picture of what we want:

Lets all push HT for the Panzerknacker email HiTech and annoy the heck out of him.

Hans Ulrich Rudel, 66,  the  Stuka  pilot   who   was
Nazi   Germany's   most-decorated   soldier.
     In    2,530   combat   missions flying the famous stuka,
mainly on the Russian front, Rudel  was credited with
destroying 519 tanks, 150 gun emplacements and 800
combat vehicles of various types.
     According  to  Luftwaffe records, he also damaged
or  destroyed   three  large  warships and  70  smaller
craft.  For  this  he was awarded the "Golden Oakleaf
with Sword and Diamonds to the Knight's cross of the
Iron Cross."   He was   the   only German    soldier to
receive that award in World War II.
     Rudel   was shot down  several times, but  escaped
serious injury until   April 1945,   when he lost a leg in
combat. He was captured by Allied forces at the end of
the war, and released from a POW camp in April 1946.

See ya in the skies,

Wraith, Unteroffizier
Gerichtsschreiber
Jagdgeschwader 27

Feuer frei  . . . HORRIDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2003, 11:45:42 AM »
Only thing Ill strafe a tank in is my Il-2(which I of course pretend to be a Stuka G) As that little pipsqueak gun on  the top of the panzer will tear you to shreds. I have seen it from both ends as the panzer and s the plane. My tiger once survived a gun duel between 2 A-20s and it just took a relative few pings to kill em both. On the other hand I bounced a guys wildcat last night in my Kate flew under him at d200 and let it rip into his belly. He was lit up like a Vegas sign and flew off. My Ju-88 tail guns are useless once shot a yak-t for 10 seconds no damage to him.
Bis endlich der Fiend am Boden liegt.
Bis Bishland bis Bishland bis Bishland wird besiegt!

Offline Imp

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2003, 12:56:06 PM »
Could they add 37mm gun pods to our stuka????????

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: We want the Panzerknacker
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2003, 02:33:44 PM »
Originally posted by walkingdead21
[BLets all push HT for the Panzerknacker email HiTech and annoy the heck out of him.[/B]

Oh yeah, I'm sure that's a great strategy to get what ya want :\

culero
“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey

Offline devious

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.jg301-wildesau.de
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2003, 03:17:30 PM »
Gefährlich ist wer Schmerzen kennt
vom Feuer das die Haut verbrennt
Ich werf ein Licht
in mein Gesicht
ein heisser Schrei:

Feuer frei !

Gimme JU87G !!1