Author Topic: The training arena  (Read 176 times)

Offline zroostr

• Copper Member
The training arena
« on: February 01, 2003, 04:09:14 PM »
Why is the lethality turned so low in the training arena? How does that help you learn some decent dogfighting skills if ya cant be shot down?

I've also noticed that pt boats seem to only work from ships anymore. When did that start? Seems like it hampers training with and against pt boats to me.

I've been away from the game since last year so these things are new to me. So far it seems to have removed the fun that used to be the TA. I understand MA is for the serious types so I spent a lot of time in TA cuz it was fun. Now it jes seems like landing and takeoff practice.

At least please consider a lethality tweak.

Offline empty

• Zinc Member
      • http://thelegion.iwarp.com
The training arena
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2003, 06:36:30 PM »
Having spent some considerable time in the training arena working with folks.  I can make some guesses on this...

I'd imagine it has much to do with almost no-one, especially new folks but there are others, who cannot follow the rules of engagement that have been posted.

I agree completely with the need to train with the leathality at 100%, so much so that I'm going to have to set up a "Head-to-Head" or take the squad into the dueling arena.

A possible solution would be to eliminate the effects of friendly fire altogether or turn on the "kill-shooter."

Offline zroostr

• Copper Member
The training arena
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2003, 11:42:55 PM »
Originally posted by empty

A possible solution would be to eliminate the effects of friendly fire altogether or turn on the "kill-shooter."

Sounds like a plan. ;)